Can't use Xbox gift card to purchase backwards compatible titles.

Discus and support Can't use Xbox gift card to purchase backwards compatible titles. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why can't I use the Xbox gift cards to purchase backwards compatibility titles from the 360 and now the original Xbox? I would rather not link a CC or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Arcanegon, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Arcanegon
    Arcanegon Guest

Why can't I use the Xbox gift cards to purchase backwards compatibility titles from the 360 and now the original Xbox? I would rather not link a CC or a Paypal account to my Xbox. This rule makes no sense to me.

:)

Arcanegon, Oct 24, 2017
  2. Arcanegon
    Arcanegon Guest
    Can't use my Xbox gift cards to purchase Backwards compatibility titles.

Why can't I use my Xbox gift cards to purchase backwards compatible titles from the 360 and now the origional Xbox? I would rather not link a PayPal account or a CC to my Xbox. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Arcanegon, Oct 24, 2017
  3. Unable to buy backwards compatible titles for / on Xbox One S.

Do you have a valid Credit/Debit card on the account? You need one on the account to make the purchase

You can not use xbox live gift card currency for backwards compatible games unless you are doing it from the xbox 360 console itself.

Is your account a child account? Child accounts can not purchase 360 backward compatible games.

steeledwand7664, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

The One Store/website have never been updated to see the Microsoft account balance as a valid payment option for 360 content. Unfortunately the only way to make the purchase using your balance is through a 360 console.

Smwutches, Oct 24, 2017
  5. Smwutches Win User

I can not download skate 3

Are you trying to make the purchase on the One, website, or 360? In order to use the funds from gift cards, the purchase has to be made on the 360 since it's a backwards compatible title.
  6. dR3K0b Win User

Gifting a friend Call of Duty: World at War

But it's backwards compatiable? He can't use gift cards to buy backwards compatible games?
  7. CrazY1985 Win User

cannot buy anything from the microsoft store even though i have money.

Backward compatible titles can't be purchased with prepaid cards.

You'll need a creditcard or paypal for these kind of purchases.
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

Can't Buy Backwards Compatible Games with Your Microsoft Account Funds

Hello Darkling,

Sorry for the issue with purchasing backward compatible games. The only way you could use the gift card for them purchases is on a Xbox 360. Purchasing backward compatible games on Xbox one has never been able to use currency, always needed paypal or credit
    card unfortunately.

Thanks,

Brad
  9. Smwutches Win User

The One Store/website have never been updated to see the Microsoft account balance as a valid payment option for 360 content. Unfortunately the only way to make the purchase using your balance is through a 360 console.
Thema:

1. Can't use Xbox gift card to purchase backwards compatible titles. - Similar Threads - Can't gift card

2. can't claim a gift card

in XBoX on Windows
    can't claim a gift card: i purchased it from an app called paytm ( indian app for payment ) .when i tried to claim it it said This code is for another region It was purchased in a different region from your account now...
  3. Can't redeem Gift Card from DORITOS + ROCKSTAR ENERGY

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem Gift Card from DORITOS + ROCKSTAR ENERGY: I won a $25 Xbox Gift Card from a Rockstar tab and was sent an email. When I clicked the link in the email to redeem it, it said something along the lines of "Error: Unauthorized." I refreshed the...
  4. Can't buy MW 2 2022 with gift card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy MW 2 2022 with gift card?: So I wanted pre-order MW 2 2022 with a gift card but every time it says please try again later and I restart my console multiple times but nothing. Also sometimes it says_You cant buy this game...
  5. Hello, why can't i use my gift cards?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, why can't i use my gift cards?: I already redeemed 2 of them and got 40$ worth of gift cards to buy minecraft, but i could not use it because its only asking for my debit card, credit card and my PayPal, how do i use the gift...
  6. Gift card not working and can't take back to retailer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift card not working and can't take back to retailer: I brought my nephew a £15.99 gift card for fortnite but it won't work, we have followed all things to do but still not working. Can't go back to retailer, what else can I do plz or who can I...
  7. received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft but can't use it to buy a 4.99$ game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft but can't use it to buy a 4.99$ game: hello, i received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft, and i can see them in the payment option, but when i decide to buy a 4.99 game from the store, it asks me to change my region. The game is from US...
  8. I can't use my Xbox Gift Card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't use my Xbox Gift Card: I recently got a $50 Xbox Giftcard for myself. I redeemed it and everything but when i go into my game to buy something, it doesn't show up as a option to use. I don't know if it's because I don't...
  9. My Xbox gift card Is damaged and I can't read the code

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox gift card Is damaged and I can't read the code: I can't read my Xbox gift card code because it's damaged and when I try to call Microsoft it just takes me to a virtual assistant that I can't do anything with 339801cd-2a3a-42e8-bcf0-9268219f3b91
  10. I can't buy a game using my gift card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I can't buy a game using my gift card: Please help me. I redeemed my 25 dollar gift card just the other day and was planning to buy a game, but when I tried to buy it, the payment method that is shown is only Credit card, Paypal, and...