Can't Use XBox Gamebar to Capture on PC

Discus and support Can't Use XBox Gamebar to Capture on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I can't get game bar to launch. Clicking it does nothing, and i'm unable to uninstall it to try and install clean from msft store (uninstall option is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JaynePalmer2, Jul 26, 2021.

1. JaynePalmer2
    JaynePalmer2 Guest

I can't get game bar to launch. Clicking it does nothing, and i'm unable to uninstall it to try and install clean from msft store (uninstall option is grayed out in settings; it doesn't show up in programs & features; even removing the packages via powershell does not work).

I am up to date on win 10 updates.

In settings > gaming, the toggle for "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar" does not stay toggled on. Switching to another settings page, or closing and reopening, will show the toggle reverted to Off.

The registry key for GameDVR_Enabled (HKCU\System\GameConfigStore) will not remain enabled (value 1) following a restart.

The registry key for AppCaptureEnabled (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR) also does not remain enabled (value 1) following a restart.

Anything else I can try?

:)

JaynePalmer2, Jul 26, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Jayne, how are you today? Hope you're well.

You could try to restore your OS keeping your files and data.

This reinstall your windows, that might be having some issues or glitches.

Step 1: Click Update & security on the Settings page to continue.

Step 2: Click Recovery and click Get Started on the right to continue.

Step 3: Choose Keep my files to reset your PC.

Step 4: Read the subsequent messages and click Reset.

After the computer has restarted successfully, you have refreshed Windows 10.
  3. Toua Xiong Win User

How do I stop my xbox game bar to stop auto recording a game?

Useless, do you even have gamebar on your PC. None of the **** you said is even on there. Three is no gaming, there gaming feature but none of the capture settings. ****
  4. Farscape247 Win User

xbox game bar captured video doesn't show application's icon

the logo might be an overlay from the program, the xbox gamebar will only capture the window or fullscreen application. it does not capture overlays all the time.
  5. FadeD ViiBE Win User

Upload xbox pc game bar captures to mobile app

I have the same question, but what I think OP is trying to ask is, how do we take a game clip captured on PC through the Xbox Gamebar and upload it to the Xbox PC App, so that we may share it to our friends through the app?
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

Need help to find my captures

any captures will be in the captures folder under video, you don't need to look for them in the gamebar
Thema:

1. Can't Use XBox Gamebar to Capture on PC - Similar Threads - Can't Gamebar Capture

2. Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!: Help! My games (gamepass & subscribed) were working earlier, then I tried playing this afternoon, and I was getting an error. So I tried removing all accounts, and try login in afterwards, and it...
  3. People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar: People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar I checked my settings, nothing indicates why they wouldn't be able to I made sure they're typing it correctly f60ef53c-b54c-484e-bcd1-00cf2c88511e
  4. GameBar Issue: FPS Access Request is missing a folder in its file path and I can't redirect it

in XboX Insiders
    GameBar Issue: FPS Access Request is missing a folder in its file path and I can't redirect it: I'm on Windows 10. I'm trying to activate the FPS counter on my ASUS ROG laptop for a game I play but clicking "Request Access" brings up an error saying that windows cannot find the file....
  5. Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?: When i'm in a party with my friends on the gamebar the party overlay says i'm talking but my friends still cannot hear me. I tested my mic on a mic tester and it sounded just fine so i believe...
  6. I never downloaded gamebar or XBox but Microsoft fraudulently uploaded it and I can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I never downloaded gamebar or XBox but Microsoft fraudulently uploaded it and I can't...: I never downloaded gamebar or XBox but Microsoft fraudulently uploaded it and I can't delete it by right-clicking! 90402c2f-e371-4b77-b775-41d4ba9ff1f9
  7. Can't upload gamebar screen captures with ":" (colon) in title of game

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't upload gamebar screen captures with ":" (colon) in title of game: As we all know, Microsoft does not allow for the use of ":" (colons) in the naming convention of files. However, some games have them in their titles and this will prevent you from uploading your...
  8. Updated the Gamebar can't start party's anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Updated the Gamebar can't start party's anymore: So I recently updated the Gamebar and now I can't start a party anymore. I can only invite people to a private chat or add multiple people to a chat but I also want my other friends to be able to...
  9. Xboxゲームバーでハードウェア要件を満たせない。 [Translation - Xbox gamebar can't meet hardware requirements.]

in XBoX on Windows
    Xboxゲームバーでハードウェア要件を満たせない。 [Translation - Xbox gamebar can't meet hardware requirements.]: Xboxゲー バーのハードウェア要件をクリアしているのにかかわらず黄色文字で満たせないと言われます。 以前はバックグラウンド録画もしっかり使えており、ここ2~3日で使えなくなりました。 色々と設定を変えてたりデバイスマネージャー見てた所、GPUがデスクトップでは全く使われずゲー ではしっかりと性能を使ってくれます。 この 合どう対処すればよろしいでしょうか? スペック...
  10. Gamebar "Can't record right now, try again later."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamebar "Can't record right now, try again later.": I have been trying to record minecraft or another software for the past month or 2 with gamebar but it always says "can't record right now try again later" please help me!...