Can't use Windows Hello or Camera with Kinect V2 on PC

Discus and support Can't use Windows Hello or Camera with Kinect V2 on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, i bought a Kinect 2 and a Adapter for the pc that i have a webcam and can use windows hello. But i can't get it to work. In the Kinect Studio... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ole203, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Ole203
    Ole203 Guest

Hello, i bought a Kinect 2 and a Adapter for the pc that i have a webcam and can use windows hello. But i can't get it to work. In the Kinect Studio everything works fine but Windows Hello just says "There was a problem. The camera could not be activated. Be sure that the camera works functionally" (I tried translating the message into english because my Windows is set to germany, like I am. The original error is: "Es ist ein Problem aufgetreten. Die Kamera konnte nicht eingeschaltet werden. Vergewissern Sie sich, dass sie ordnungsgemäß funktioniert.") I tried everything from reinstalling drivers and updating the system but nothing worked for me. What now?

:)

Ole203, Dec 4, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Ole203, I did a quick search on your question and found something that might help.

It is also important that your Windows has the latest updates for version 22H2.

"After your computer reboots, open the Settings app using Windows + I keyboard shortcut, go to Accounts > Sign-in options, and setup Windows Hello. Lastly, it's important to note that the Kinect sensor must be plugged into a USB 3.0 port in your computer as it's required for the device to work properly."

How to use Xbox One Kinect to setup Windows Hello in your Windows 10 device

https://pureinfotech.com/how-xbox-one-kinect-se...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Mister Mascot Win User

Kinect for Windows v2 sensor and Xbox One S

Hey there Nixe Ahn,

Using that adapter you, should be able to hook the Kinect Sensor up to an Xbox One S console. The

FAQ guide
    for the Kinect for Windows v2 would suggest that when using the adapter the sensor should work on an Xbox One console, or Xbox One S console using the adapter since functionally it can be used in the reverse scenario.

From the FAQ

If you already own a Kinect for Windows v2 sensor, please be assured that our support for the v2 sensor remains unchanged and you can continue to use it for both commercial and non-commercial uses. If you don’t have a Kinect for Windows v2 sensor, we encourage
    you to purchase the Kinect for Xbox One sensor and Kinect Adapter for Windows—which together, are functionally identical to the v2 sensor for developing and running Kinect for Windows v2 applications. We no longer manufacture Kinect for Windows v2 sensors
    and have sold out of existing stock."

Microsoft has consolidated the Kinect for Windows developer experience around the Kinect for Xbox One sensor and is no longer producing the Kinect for Windows v2 sensor. We encourage developers who do not already have the v2 sensor to use the functionally
    identical Kinect for Xbox One sensor and Kinect Adapter for Windows to create interactive v2 solutions and applications. The adapter enables you to connect a Kinect for Xbox One sensor to Windows 8.0, 8.1, and 10 PCs and tablets in the same way as you would
    a Kinect for Windows v2 sensor. Since the Kinect for Xbox One and Kinect for Windows v2 sensors are functionally identical, the Kinect for Windows SDK 2.0 works exactly the same with either."

So by this information you should be able to use it without any issues, since it works in the reverse scenario.

I hope that helps to clarify things for you. :)
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

How to connect a Kinnect to a PC

5. XBF Diego M Win User

Will a "Kinect for Windows V2" work on an Xbox One S with the included adapter?

Hi milter,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

Unfortunately the Kinect for Windows v2 will not work when plugged into an Xbox One console. It was designed to work with Kinect software for Windows intended for developers that is not present on an Xbox One console, even if using the adapter. The Kinect
    for Xbox One is functionally the same as the Kinect for Windows v2 and can work on Windows with an adapter because the Kinect for Windows v2 does not come with the included software and you have to download this software online from

here
    , so the Kinect for Xbox One can use the same software on a Windows PC but not vice versa.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

jogos com kinect no windows[Translation-games with kinect on windows]

Hello Jorge,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have question on using Kinect on Windows 10. Here is a guide for

setting up a Kinect on Windows PC
    . Only bad part, is you need the Kinect adapter, which are almost impossible to find.

Hope this helps.

Brad
Thema:

1. Can't use Windows Hello or Camera with Kinect V2 on PC - Similar Threads - Can't Windows Hello

2. Can't Join Xbox Parties on windows 10

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't Join Xbox Parties on windows 10: Can't Join Xbox Parties on windows 10. The issue sometimes only happens to certain parties as well. I can create and invite friends to a party, but joining theirs is rarely available. I've tried...
  3. Can't play on my xbox windows too my console xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play on my xbox windows too my console xbox one: Dear friends, Recently the software add a bug, you can read my issue on the image attached. I like too play from the pc instead to play the console aae3cac4-b8d0-4d5a-b3b8-8d2c44f6c1c9
  4. I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.: Hello, I have an issue. I can't receive party or game invites notifications. It used to work before and for some reason it stopped working. I tried resetting xbox game bar and xbox apps....
  5. I can't login to Xbox, OneDrive, Windows Store or even manage my own account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login to Xbox, OneDrive, Windows Store or even manage my own account.: For some time I have been having this issue where every time I try to log into one of my Microsoft applications on my PC a grey window pops up for a second and then immediately disappears. There...
  6. Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.: I bought Minecraft today and wanted to play with friends but i cant click on multiplayer to join their world on Java. Or any other server/world. Then i went to the site, left my family group...
  7. I can't "Add External Server" to Minecraft Bedrock for Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't "Add External Server" to Minecraft Bedrock for Windows: I tried adding a server from Shockbyte, but I am unable to activate either the "Play" or "Save" buttons on the Minecraft Servers tab. I have the correct Name, IP server address, and Port, and the...
  8. I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!: Hi, I was playing Minecraft Bedrock for Windows 10 with my friends when I was kicked from the realm because my client was outdated. I have looked all over, I have done everything that I could...
  9. I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11: Hi, I've just reinstalled Windows 11 on my PC. All updates, drivers etc installed OK. When I opened the Microsoft Store it updates all the apps but then seems to get stuck on the Xbox app and the...
  10. I can't sign into Xbox or any games with my Xbox account because of Windows Hello

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into Xbox or any games with my Xbox account because of Windows Hello: Everytime I try to sync my Asphalt 9 game with my xbox account it prompts to the xbox sign in screen, where it shows my non-gaming account, so I click my second account which is my gaming account,...