Can't use remote play without signing into account, problem is I have no controller

Discus and support Can't use remote play without signing into account, problem is I have no controller in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I have broken my controller and I have no need to get a new one. I decided to try and use remote play and use my phone as a controller.. problem is you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by BreadSticks, Jul 9, 2021.

1. BreadSticks
    BreadSticks Guest

Can't use remote play without signing into account, problem is I have no controller

I have broken my controller and I have no need to get a new one. I decided to try and use remote play and use my phone as a controller.. problem is you need a controller to sign into the account which I dont have. I've tried using the regular remote for it but anytime I click on a button it instantly wants me to sign in. How do I get past this? Or better how do I factory reset my xbox one without a controller?

:)

BreadSticks, Jul 9, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

If you have access to a PC, then you can factory restore your Xbox using USB:

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help...onsole you only,seconds, it means this failed

Click on "Reset using a USB flash drive".

No idea how it works or whether it will help in your case but worth a look

Of course, I don't understand how factory resetting your Xbox solves the problem with needing a controller to sign in? You would surely need a controller to do the initial Xbox start-up process after the retore no?
  3. jp_drums_4evr Win User

stupid girl....forgot controller!!

That is a pesky situation...but if you don't have Kinect and can't sign on to your profile, there is no way to sign in with your phone. If you could somehow log in to your profile, then you could connect to your xbox via the SmartGlass app and remote control
    it from there. But without a controller or Kinect, there is no way to get signed-in that I'm aware of...sorry
  4. The Fuzz 53 Win User

Directv DVR controls not working after update

I don't think the DVR is the issue at received commands without any problem when I use the Xbox One controller. The problem only arises when I use my Logitech Harmony remote.
  5. samr1304 Win User

Home Screen

I have the same problem my Xbox S controller will not let me sign in when I press home button, can sign in via iPhone and laptop but not remote.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Steep on Mobile

Well first connect your account to uplay ubisoft

It's mandatory

Then download.the gamepass app and use the remote play

Xcloud is only for.xgu users and only the purchaser of the subscription

You can stream from your console without xgu but you can't without xgu without a console
Thema:

1. Can't use remote play without signing into account, problem is I have no controller - Similar Threads - Can't remote play

2. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  3. Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play: Last night I was trying to stream a game to my friends while using the remote play feature on my PC, however despite doing everything as recommended by Microsoft, the stream would simply not start...
  4. Can't Find Remote Play Settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Find Remote Play Settings: I want to change the streaming resolution to something like 480p for better performance, but I can't find the settings to do so. I go to Settings > Devices & Connections > Remote Features but I...
  5. Why can't I play division rivals and UT Champs on remote play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play division rivals and UT Champs on remote play?: Hello, I recently purchased EAFC 24 and some game modes like moments, UT Champs, and Division Rivals are not working on remote play. They would load but they don't accept my input from the...
  6. Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play: Remote play works on my iPhone. I bought a new Windows 11 PC and I cannot get remote play to work. The Xbox app sees my console (it can even see when it's on or in standby) and it tries to...
  7. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  8. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  9. Xbox device portal can't access, ip remote access not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox device portal can't access, ip remote access not work: hi, i can't access my xbox's remote ip with xbox device portal, the xbox refuses to connect 1. the Enable Xbox Device Portal option its active 2.check the ip from cmd in windows and if it...
  10. I can't remote play my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't remote play my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer: I've been trying to stream my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer but every time I do it says on my console that I stopped the remote play without even showing that I started it. Plus, it...