Can't use Remote Play feature when using cellular data

Discus and support Can't use Remote Play feature when using cellular data in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hey guys, been using remote play via the Xbox android app to my Xbox Series X for the past few months, and it's working great - most of the time.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Ben Shaked, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Ben Shaked
    Ben Shaked Guest

Hey guys, been using remote play via the Xbox android app to my Xbox Series X for the past few months, and it's working great - most of the time.

Thing is that the last month or two it stopped working when I'm on cellular data (4G+), yet works perfect on slower wifi connections (slower than my cellular test speed).

In the app permissions it set to work on a cellular data plan (unlimited so idc) but I only get the "we found your console but can't connect try from a different wifi or cellular network" message.

Any way to make that work again?

:)

Ben Shaked, Jun 24, 2021
  2. xDreamChaser4 Win User

Does opening up these ports increase security risks?
  3. Paul0828 Win User

My upload speed for remote play is being throttled at 8mbs. I think I have this same issue. Can you step me through how to open these 7 ports?
  4. DangerBrick#500 Win User

These are the port that I have open.

you are gonna wanna log into your modem/router. (i wish i could be more specific but this will all depend on your company and make of your modem.)

Find anything that related to Port Forwarding/Port Mapping/ Port Trigger.

Add these 7 ports to the list.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

Keep in mind if it asks end or close port it needs to be the same one. Do your best or if you need a step by step Youtube is your friend.

[​IMG]
  5. Ben Shaked Win User

Well mate, youre a genious!

My upload was already above 50 mb but after opening all those ports - problem solved! That was it! Thanks for your help!!
  6. Ben Shaked Win User

Weird, just tried vpn and it still doesnt work. I switch to wifi and it works perfectly... Argh
Thema:

1. Can't use Remote Play feature when using cellular data - Similar Threads - Can't Remote Play

2. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  3. Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play: Last night I was trying to stream a game to my friends while using the remote play feature on my PC, however despite doing everything as recommended by Microsoft, the stream would simply not start...
  4. Can't Find Remote Play Settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Find Remote Play Settings: I want to change the streaming resolution to something like 480p for better performance, but I can't find the settings to do so. I go to Settings > Devices & Connections > Remote Features but I...
  5. Why can't I play division rivals and UT Champs on remote play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play division rivals and UT Champs on remote play?: Hello, I recently purchased EAFC 24 and some game modes like moments, UT Champs, and Division Rivals are not working on remote play. They would load but they don't accept my input from the...
  6. Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play/Cloud Streaming never stop loading on PC, can't play: Remote play works on my iPhone. I bought a new Windows 11 PC and I cannot get remote play to work. The Xbox app sees my console (it can even see when it's on or in standby) and it tries to...
  7. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  8. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  9. Xbox device portal can't access, ip remote access not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox device portal can't access, ip remote access not work: hi, i can't access my xbox's remote ip with xbox device portal, the xbox refuses to connect 1. the Enable Xbox Device Portal option its active 2.check the ip from cmd in windows and if it...
  10. I can't remote play my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't remote play my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer: I've been trying to stream my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer but every time I do it says on my console that I stopped the remote play without even showing that I started it. Plus, it...