Can't use my nickname as Xbox gamertag (unsolved)

Discus and support Can't use my nickname as Xbox gamertag (unsolved) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I migrated my Minecraft account from Mojang to MS Is there a reason why can't I use my nickname as Xbox gamertag? Not offensive and never had a ban... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Haktes, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Haktes
    Haktes Guest

I migrated my Minecraft account from Mojang to MS

Is there a reason why can't I use my nickname as Xbox gamertag?
    Not offensive and never had a ban (or xbox account) it works for other games (including Minecraft that I migrated from..)

"This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

Can't use my nickname as Xbox gamertag (unsolved) [​IMG]

I want to use MY nickname as used in email, website other games.

:)

Haktes, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

I understand, Haktes. However, if you're getting the said prompt it means that it's not yet available according to Xbox.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

According to Xbox support:

"If you receive a message that says a Gamertag is unavailable, this means that you’ll need to try another. The Gamertag that you’re trying to create is either inappropriate for the Xbox service or can’t be used at this time."

You may need to try a different one or try some modifications such as adding xXGamertagherexX, this is just my personal suggestion.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  4. Haktes Win User

This is not helpful, I want to use my nick that I use everywhere and know the reason why it can't be used...
  5. ZN111 Win User

Beware: Gamertag "nickname" and "nick name" are the same

My original gamertag was 10 characters long and the new one with space is 11. So I think it has nothing to do with character limit.

And yes I was given that prompt where I was told my new gamertag will be "nick name" and my old one "nickname" will be available for anyone.

Interestingly I can choose "nickname" on the account where I changed the gamertag to "nick name" (for a price of course) but not on the other one where I intended to use "nickname" gamertag.
  6. FatzGoneWild1 Win User

702 Las Vegas Xbox 360 GTA 5 Crew

same as my gamertag is my nickname
Thema:

1. Can't use my nickname as Xbox gamertag (unsolved) - Similar Threads - Can't nickname gamertag

2. When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...: When I try to make a group post for Minecraft it says, "Let's keep it clean - remove inappropriate content, then try posting again." I can't find out what it is that makes my post inappropriate....
  3. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  4. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  5. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  6. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  7. When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...: When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat disconnected. What can I do?...
  8. Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC: [img] I clicked to update there, but I have an error. May I need to download the Minecraft Bedrock Version Manager? 9c44a8d7-2049-43ae-8cdd-a581272bccc8
  9. Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...: My brother is able to use this app on his xbox but for me it is not working. Could someone help me? 8f44dc0b-c55b-40a6-a414-8a240d2a259e
  10. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...