Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS

Discus and support Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to use my external disc because of this issue, reformatting it would casue all 500gb of files to be removed so that is not an optiion, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Stanislav Nič, Nov 1, 2023.

  1. Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS


    I am unable to use my external disc because of this issue, reformatting it would casue all 500gb of files to be removed so that is not an optiion, I have found a work around using the microsoft store in stead of the xbox app but that does work only on some games, for example I could install Sea of Thieves on the external D drive but not Forza Motorsport.

    I am getting flustered as I bought the game pass because I finally had the storage to play the games from it but it seems to be an issue I had on no other plastform besides this one

    :)
     
    Stanislav Nič, Nov 1, 2023
    #1
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

    Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS

    not an oversight, as most people have drives internally which are already formatted to ntfs, no encryption, no game installs.
  3. Stanislav Nič Win User

    Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS

    But why does ONLY the Xbox app require this type of encryption is my question
  4. ngocphi Win User

    Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS

    No as you need the xbox appfor gamepass and it has to be encrypted which is not possible on fat32 only ntfs or any other format

    This is why fat or fat32 is used commonly because it's readable by anything

    Well technically you can use a partition tool ro do non destructive conversion but ita going to be a paid.program like partition magic

    Evrm then it's not.guarented

    Because partition tools aren't meant for formating cleanly you are better off just buying a eztra drive As partitioning programs aren't cheap nor are they guaranteed
  5. Stanislav Nič Win User

    Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS

    Why is it an issue only on the Xbox app though, Steam, Epic, Ubisoft, EA App, all work no problem
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

    Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS

    they chose that as their form of drm, steam has its own drm, ea does and so forth.

    why not choose a drm that is already built into windows.
Thema:

Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS

Loading...
  1. Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS - Similar Threads - Can´t external disc

  2. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  3. XBOX Insiders Can Join the Chicken Invaders Collection Preview Today!

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insiders Can Join the Chicken Invaders Collection Preview Today!: [IMG] The chickens are invading, and we need your help! XBOX Insiders can join the Chicken Invaders Collection preview today. Check the XBOX Insider Hub to join. Jump in, take on the invasion,...
  4. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  5. Can xbox gamepass be available in Nigeria ?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can xbox gamepass be available in Nigeria ?: My microsoft account already supports my region but why cant have gamepass in that region as well this is more of a suggestion if its possible to make it available in nigeria cause sometimes...
  6. Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?: My tv is Hisense 55e7kpro with chipset of mediatek pentonic 700(MT9618). But I have a confusion because according to this announcement...
  7. Accessibility feedback: QR codes can create barriers

    in XboX Insiders
    Accessibility feedback: QR codes can create barriers: I recently joined the Xbox Accessibility Insider League and completed one of the accessibility activities. One thing I noticed is that the activity used a QR code to bring me to the Xbox...
  8. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  9. Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?: I’m thinking about joining the Xbox Insider Program mainly to try out the new disc-to-digital feature once it becomes available. My question is, after I use the feature, can I leave the Insider...
  10. How I got disc to digital working and what games I can play on my PC

    in XboX Insiders
    How I got disc to digital working and what games I can play on my PC: There's been a fair few confusing threads on this in the build up to the alpha/beta release today, so hopefully this helps out those who are interested in disc to digital. Pre-requisites: You...