Can't use Minecraft Multiplayer due to 'Microsoft Settings' but can't change the privacy...

Discus and support Can't use Minecraft Multiplayer due to 'Microsoft Settings' but can't change the privacy... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Trying to play Minecraft online but it tells me to 'change my Microsoft settings.' Did some research and I need to edit my privacy settings on Xbox.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SamBarklam, Feb 15, 2021.

1. SamBarklam
    SamBarklam Guest

Can't use Minecraft Multiplayer due to 'Microsoft Settings' but can't change the privacy...

Trying to play Minecraft online but it tells me to 'change my Microsoft settings.' Did some research and I need to edit my privacy settings on Xbox. When I got to the page to change them however it takes me to 'Family and Online Safety' instead of (what I've seen as) the usual 'Privacy and online safety.' From there I can not edit anything besides opening tabs like 'Manage App Privacy Settings Online,' but when I open it it just shows a link (labelled as 'Privacy and Online Safety') which just puts me back onto the same page of which I can't change anything. I should mention that I am part of a family (not organiser) and under 18, so is it an issue with that?

:)

SamBarklam, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Alderamin4191 Win User

Can't use Minecraft Multiplayer due to 'Microsoft Settings' but can't change the privacy settings to fix it.

Hi,

It would appear your account has been set with some child features. You would have to ask whoever manages your family settings to change your privacy settings. Heres how
  3. RainingRoses Win User

minecraft realms

Hello,

To change your Microsoft account privacy settings, sign in to the privacy & online safety page, which you should be able to access through the page you’re referring to. You can also make these changes on an Xbox One, Series X|S console or through the Xbox Family settings app.

When adjusting any account settings, make sure to select “submit” to confirm and save these changes.

Note: If you’re using a child account, you’ll need an adult in your family to sign in to their Microsoft account to change your privacy settings.

After allowing the necessary privacy settings and you’re still unable to play online multiplayer in Minecraft Realms, here is a Multiplayer troubleshooting page:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us...ecraft-Realms-and-Multiplayer-Troubleshooting

Hope this helps, happy gaming! :)
  4. stemaler Win User

ALoow family memeber to play multiplayer games online

The settings for privacy and online safety are set to 'child defaults' but he can't access his game as a multiplayer. I don't know what settings I need to change
  5. UTTAMKumar.983 Win User

I can't access my settings, redirects to xbox support

Hello! So I was migrating my account from Mojang to Microsoft but when I joined Minecraft I noticed that I can't play multiplayer, I searched some forums and tried to change my settings, but when I press "Privacy Settings" in my profile, it just redirects me to the Xbox support. link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...e-safety/manage-app-privacy-settings-xbox-one .

And now I don't know what to do because the information is about the Xbox console and I have java Minecraft. Can anyone help?
  6. danielc081002 Win User

Can't change Privacy settings

I have had my account for ~8 years, but I still do think it's odd that back then I could play multiplayer no problem, but NOW I can't.
Thema:

1. Can't use Minecraft Multiplayer due to 'Microsoft Settings' but can't change the privacy... - Similar Threads - Can't Minecraft Multiplayer

2. I can't join multiplayer in Minecraft on Switch

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't join multiplayer in Minecraft on Switch: I'm trying to play Minecraft with my friends on Switch, but I can't join multiplayer because it says my account is not set up for multiplayer. When I follow the links that it tells me to it says I...
  3. Can't play multiplayer in Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't play multiplayer in Minecraft: I'm on Windows 10 trying to play Minecraft Java Edition, but the "Multiplayer" button is greyed out for me with the message "Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings"....
  4. Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.: I bought Minecraft today and wanted to play with friends but i cant click on multiplayer to join their world on Java. Or any other server/world. Then i went to the site, left my family group...
  5. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  6. Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...: Hello, lately I've been trying to get on the multiplayer mode on Minecraft. I've found out that my account was in a Microsoft family, but I left it and changed all my settings including the...
  7. why can't I play multiplayer on java Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why can't I play multiplayer on java Minecraft?: At first, it was because I was a part of a family group on Microsoft and my Xbox settings. But now even when I left the group (after a long hour on trying to figure out how to remove me w/ my...
  8. Why can't I play multiplayer in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play multiplayer in Minecraft: Why can't I play multiplayer in Minecraft bd734ab5-3ad4-460e-b3c9-013f50d3a077
  9. I can't paly minecraft multiplayer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't paly minecraft multiplayer.: [img] Hello. I need some help with my minecraft. I want to play on servers with 1.20.2. Every time when I want to paly in multiplayer but I can't. Someone could help me pls. I made every settings...
  10. I can't enable Minecraft multiplayer, I thought I found the settings for it but that still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't enable Minecraft multiplayer, I thought I found the settings for it but that still...: I went to the Xbox settings and allowed all of the multiplayer permissions, but the Minecraft launcher still won't give me the option to play multiplayer? It just says to check Microsoft settings...