Can't use GPS 500 in FSX:SE to set an approach to an airport

Discus and support Can't use GPS 500 in FSX:SE to set an approach to an airport in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all! I'm trying to use the GPS 500 in Flight Simulator X : Steam Edition to set up a flight plan and an approach to an airport. I can set up the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kevin Robb, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Kevin Robb
    Kevin Robb Guest

Hi all! I'm trying to use the GPS 500 in Flight Simulator X : Steam Edition to set up a flight plan and an approach to an airport. I can set up the flight plan to the destination airport with no problem, but I can't set an approach to that airport - the list of options is empty, even though it is an international airport (Brisbane International). I want to be able to line up runways for landing for practice. What do I need to do to fix this?

:)

Kevin Robb, Mar 28, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good morning

There are a few possible reasons why the approach options are not showing up in the GPS 500.

Check if the airport has instrument approach procedures available: Not all airports have instrument approach procedures available for all runways. You can check if Brisbane International has approach procedures available by looking up its charts on websites such as SkyVector or Navigraph. Make sure you are looking at the charts for the correct runway and approach type.

Make sure the GPS database is up to date: The GPS database in FSX:SE may not have the latest approach procedures for Brisbane International. You can update the GPS database by purchasing and installing a third-party addon such as Navigraph or Aerosoft NavDataPro.

Ensure that your GPS is set up correctly: Make sure you have the correct GPS settings for the approach procedure you want to use. You may need to manually enter the approach details into the GPS, such as the approach course, altitude, and frequency.

Try a different approach type: If none of the above steps work, try selecting a different approach type for the same runway. For example, if the ILS approach is not showing up, try selecting a VOR or RNAV approach instead.
  3. HamedTalib Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 low fps despite high end pc.

The issue is in my case as well, the FPS gets to drop only when approaching a handcrafted airport or big airport.
  4. Rhys Johns Win User

Fsx se Api.dll crash to desktop.

Hi

Thank you for your assistance

I did a Verify files through steam account in early December but that has not help.

The CTD doesn't happen all the time. I deleted my fsx se cfg file and started fsx se to build a new one to see if it was a corrupt cfg file but that hasn't worked.

I never had the issue when I wasrunning windows 7

Cheers

Rhys
  5. JMsd1 Win User

Aeropuerto Málaga (España) -[Translation - Malaga Airport (Spain)]

Increible , creo que nos han timado , efectivamente no esta el aeropuerto de Malaga , ni Granada, ni Almeria ,el de Cordoba solo te deja salir desde el aire , no tiene las pistas he pagado 120 € y no estoy nada de contento , eso sin contar los 1200 € de
    un nuevo ordenador , creo que lo van a hacer es que nos lo van a vender despues , hay una opcion que ya se pueden comprar aueropuertos , en el FSX teniamos todos los aeropuertos del mundo y en este que nos lo vendieron como la pera limonera deja mucho que
    desear , en fin lo dicho creo que el quiera mas aropuertos va a tener que pasar por caja ,

-[Translation - Incredible, I think we have been scammed, indeed there is not the Malaga airport, nor Granada, nor Almeria, the one in Cordoba only lets you leave from the air, it does not have the tracks I have paid € 120 and I am not happy
    at all, that without
    count the € 1200 for a new computer, I think they are going to do it is that they are going to sell it to us later, there is an option that can already be bought at airports, in the FSX we had
    all the airports in the world and in this one they sold it to us

As the lemon pear leaves much to be desired, in short, I think that he wants more airports, he will have to go through the checkout]
  6. An Individual Win User

MSFS 2020 PC Version from MS Games portal - VKB-Sim T-Rudder

Josef,

1. The screenshot shows I was trying to set the rudder axis (tutorial)

2. This is the PC version as notated in the post and the subject line not XBox.

3. It's intermittent only in MSFS. Works without issue in FSX-SE.

4. doesn't matter which USB port the device is plugged into. In this case. It is plugged directly into the PC without any hub, and has been attached to a different PC port just to verify - no change.

After having the difficulty this morning I rebooted again, and switched to FSX-SE. I flew 3 flights without issue.

This is poor programming and support of 3rd party devices using the MSFS drivers.

No additional drivers are required per the VKBControllers website for this device.

Since it works without issue in any other application, I think the issue lies with MSFS.
Thema:

1. Can't use GPS 500 in FSX:SE to set an approach to an airport - Similar Threads - Can't GPS 500

2. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  3. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  6. When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...: When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat disconnected. What can I do?...
  7. Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC: [img] I clicked to update there, but I have an error. May I need to download the Minecraft Bedrock Version Manager? 9c44a8d7-2049-43ae-8cdd-a581272bccc8
  8. Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...: My brother is able to use this app on his xbox but for me it is not working. Could someone help me? 8f44dc0b-c55b-40a6-a414-8a240d2a259e
  9. Can't play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play multiplayer games: Why can't I play multiplayer games on my series s ? I can play single player games tho. Ive reset my console and reinstalled, I've tried everything online which was suggested and even reset my...
  10. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...