Cant Use Gamepass on PC, Frown Face Blocking Install & Error When Launching Games Already...

Discus and support Cant Use Gamepass on PC, Frown Face Blocking Install & Error When Launching Games Already... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was given 2, one-month Gamepass Ultimate, gift cards for Christmas, I used one to resume my subscription which had ended a few months ago, when I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EpicSOB, Jan 26, 2023.

1. EpicSOB
    EpicSOB Guest

Cant Use Gamepass on PC, Frown Face Blocking Install & Error When Launching Games Already...

I was given 2, one-month Gamepass Ultimate, gift cards for Christmas, I used one to resume my subscription which had ended a few months ago, when I attempted to use the second one it gave an error, when I looked into the error I found out that you can not stack gift card subscriptions on your account, so I turned off auto-renew and waited for the subscription to run out. Today I used the second one. The account page under subscriptions shows that I have an active subscription to Gamepass Ultimate. The games work just fine on my Xbox.

I currently can not use gamepass on my PC, the Xbox app shows a frowny face when I click on a game to install it. When I attempt to play a game that is already installed, I get an error. for some reason, the Xbox app is acting as though I am not signed in when I try to play or install games.

What I've tried already:
    > Applying all pending windows updates.
    > Resetting the Xbox app.

> Resetting the Microsoft store app.

:)

EpicSOB, Jan 26, 2023
  2. WWEdeadmanAT Win User

Error Code 0x80040154 on X-Box game pass beta The Outer Worlds Install

Same error here, also not fixed after following all instructions you linked. What is it with these gamepass for PC games not installing correctly, ever? I've had the literal same exact error from trying to install VAMPYR before, all the way back at the
    launch of gamepass for PC, and just now trying again, it still has this error. Fix your goddamn service already.
  3. Hostlyy Win User

Can anyone help me with my xbox app not installing/launching games?

It still pulls up with the error when I try to install sea of thieves : / I also tried dragon ball fighterz which after resetting my pc could install but it still cant launch. So sea of thieves cant even download while dragon ball fighterz and other games can but cant launch. They all pop up with the same 0x803f001 error now.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

you get that error because gaming services is not installed or updated, gaming services can only install and launch on standard pc architecture and not arm based devices.

the xbox app requires gaming services to be installed to be able to download most xbox app games (gamepass games).
  5. Alasdair5849 Win User

Minecraft crash code -1073740791

If you have gamepass installed on your pc try launching the game through that
  6. VioletteKika Win User

Fallout76 on Gamepass wont load from my local version, it keeps loading the cloud version.

No both on gamepass, its installed on my pc but when launching it uses the cloud version. At first i thought windows protected folders was not letting the gamepass app through and then it switching to the cloud version but ive added the exception and its still happen.
Thema:

1. Cant Use Gamepass on PC, Frown Face Blocking Install & Error When Launching Games Already... - Similar Threads - Cant Gamepass Frown

2. i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it: one day i decided i wanted to try minecraft on pc i opened the xbox app and installed the launcher, it said it wanted me to sign in to my microsoft account i went to and it automatically signed me...
  3. i have purchase gamepass core, however i cant download forza horizon 4 but i can download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have purchase gamepass core, however i cant download forza horizon 4 but i can download...: i have purchase gamepass core, however i cant download forza horizon 4 but i can download halo 5. it says it is on the core catalogue- What’s the reason? 4bc4cbc0-f1f7-4e23-87f8-c8e107b919ea
  4. Why cant I see my Xbox gamepass quests

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see my Xbox gamepass quests: I just got a brand new Xbox series s and it came with three months of gamepass ultimate. So I went to see what quests I had but it keeps saying “try again later, we can’t check for quests now. I...
  5. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  6. Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription: So my brother used to use an xbox one s and just now upgraded to a series x and we used to be able to play at the same time on the same game and now on the new console it kicks us off the game...
  7. why cant i purchase pc gamepass from jamaica?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i purchase pc gamepass from jamaica?: why cant i purchase pc gamepass from jamaica? 085bc883-78bf-41f3-b836-4d3da04e33fd
  8. Cant redeem the 3 dollar gift card from gamepass so how do I fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant redeem the 3 dollar gift card from gamepass so how do I fix it: Everytime I hit redeem it says it does but it never takes my points or adds the funds e2ba82b1-144f-46aa-941b-b1e49f340257
  9. help i cant install gamepass on pc.

in XBoX Accessibility
    help i cant install gamepass on pc.: I go to Xbox game pass website to install the app and during installation it stops and disappears have way through installation. have had this on my pc before. It was giving me trouble so...
  10. I have Gamepass Ultimate but cant download one of its games, why is that?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Gamepass Ultimate but cant download one of its games, why is that?: WWE 2K23 is on Gamepass Ultimate which both me and my friend have but only my friend can download it but i cant and it says i have to pay for it? c1ef00a1-039f-40a9-a52a-0fb2b920352d