Can't use 'Az' in a Gamertag

Discus and support Can't use 'Az' in a Gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I've been through several Xbox customer support operators and this is apparently the next best thing. It has come to my attention that in a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Az ll, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Az ll
    Az ll Guest

Hello,

I've been through several Xbox customer support operators and this is apparently the next best thing. It has come to my attention that in a recent update in the Microsoft terms and conditions that somehow the letters A and Z can not be together in a gamertag
    by itself.

Now I have been Az MVG, lvl Az lvl, DkU Az, CAD Az...you get the picture. Now my current gamertag is and recently I've wanted to change it to Rift Az. But it turns out that Rift Az is 'taken', I then try other random examples such as Rift Az 13f1f,
    Rift Az 3f1daa, Az 23414ff1f, ffasf1 Az 113 to my surprise they are all 'taken'. Now clearly that's impossible. Every variation in the world of 'Az' together can not all be taken. It must be a change you've applied to the usage of two letters of the alphabet
    being side by side.

I'm worried that if I change my alias to A z with a space that I'll never have Az together in future gamertags due to this recent change. Perhaps there might even been a further limit on the two letters.

I tried asking several online staff to reply and yet they could not help in the slightest. They just kept repeating how I've got a nice gamer picture and that I have a lot of achievements. I really don't care about that I just want to know why my gamertag
    can not be changed to anything with Az in it. It has always been my alias and I currently own a variation of it yet I can't have another like it. Baffling.

I even asked if they could change it manually and apparently it was out of their control. So I'm asking for an explanation and if possible a solution. (The point is not to just change my alias it's the principle of if it's deemed offensive or breaks the
    new code of conduct why do I still have it. There's no reason logically that I can see why I should have to add an extra letter or number to my already present alias)

:)

Az ll, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Can't use this GamerTag

Hey, I tried to change my GamerTag and it says it's not available. The thing is when I look up the GamerTag I can't find anyone with it.

AiryGibbon29341, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Can't use this GamerTag

If the system says the tag is taken then it's in use somewhere on Microsoft's servers. The tag system is in use on other Microsoft services so even if it's not being used for Xbox it could be in use elsewhere. The system also doesn't see things like spaces
    as making a gamertag unique. So you could look up "gamertag" and it may not show up, but could still be in use as "gamer tag"

Smwutches, Dec 28, 2015
  4. Smwutches Win User

Can't use this GamerTag

If the system says the tag is taken then it's in use somewhere on Microsoft's servers. The tag system is in use on other Microsoft services so even if it's not being used for Xbox it could be in use elsewhere. The system also doesn't see things like spaces
    as making a gamertag unique. So you could look up "gamertag" and it may not show up, but could still be in use as "gamer tag"
  5. Shigurui Win User

Just for AZ

[quote user="zfair899"]In games like Bayonetta and DMC you make your own combos out of individual attacks. You don't memorise complex button inputs. It's not a game of rote-learning. If you have to do that then you're playing it wrong.[/quote]

You might like this playlist zfair (and anyone else that understands how to get the most from a combat engine), it's a friend of mine playing The Lost Chapter/Angel Slayer Mode with a full Pure Platinum rank. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsmZ60BEDqJKMKRu1ly8o_q687H8i_SqF
  6. superSnausages Win User

Just for AZ

DMC is the most hetero series ever. I mean, this was only like, the fifteenth image that popped up when I googled it.

[​IMG]
  7. wolfskin-1B9F5273-6A Win User

Just for AZ

Bayonetta is shite and only liked by hermaphrodites and virgins. Devil May Cry however... there's perfection.
  8. voteDC Win User

Just for AZ

I only played the demo and the opening of the full game, the game was just not for me.

-

For me it seemed more like a memory game than anything else. I think Batman: Arkham Asylum/City are the best examples of elegant combat systems, with brilliant combos, that don't require you to memorise huge sequences of button presses.
Thema:

1. Can't use 'Az' in a Gamertag - Similar Threads - Can't 'Az' Gamertag

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  5. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  6. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  7. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  8. I can't post to Xbox LFG

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't post to Xbox LFG: While playing Destiny 2 I'm unable to make or respond to LFG posts using the Xbox system. I've unplugged, wiped the cache, confirmed my communication and multiplayer settings are set to 'allow'...
  9. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  10. I can't redeem a Fortnite xbox code.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem a Fortnite xbox code.: When i type the code, it says: "Check the instructions provided with your code. You may need to use it on anotehr web page or device, or you may not be authorized to use this code." What could be...