Can't use "Add a child" or "Manage Family Members" to add my 13 year old to my Xbox Series X

Discus and support Can't use "Add a child" or "Manage Family Members" to add my 13 year old to my Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought my first XBox Series X yesterday and I set up my account (I have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate). Worked fine. Then I added my 9 year old... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sshults, Dec 14, 2020.

1. sshults
    sshults Guest

Can't use "Add a child" or "Manage Family Members" to add my 13 year old to my Xbox Series X

I just bought my first XBox Series X yesterday and I set up my account (I have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate). Worked fine.

Then I added my 9 year old and my 13 year old using the same method - they have their own email addresses (Gmail) and they gave me the 4 digit codes that were sent.

When I go into "Manage family members" only my 9 year old shows up. His stuff is working fine. My 13 year old is not here.

If I got to "Add a child" my 13 year old shows up. I click on him, it logs him in (completely with Hi XXXXX!) and then says: "Try that again. There was a problem. Please try adding that person again."

I've restarted the XBox. I've also removed his account from the Xbox and then gone into "Manage family members" to add his email & password that way but it still doesn't show him as a family member.

I'm stuck and really need help!

:)

sshults, Dec 14, 2020
  2. sshults Win User

I figured it out - I went into the Microsoft Family Safety website ( https://account.microsoft.com/family/ ) instead of going through the Xbox settings and I was able to add him there and then go into the Xbox to manage some settings.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

My Microsoft account is a Child account but it is not part of a Family account

Hi there Nixinova,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to your question, I recommend checking out this resource article with the steps on how to add a family member :

Try this out and let us know the results.

Brad
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Parental Controls?

Hi there Marius,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to your question, I recommend checking out this resource article with the steps on how to add a family member :

5. XBF Javier R Win User

Restriction parentale [Translation - Parental Restriction]

Hello Antoine,

If there is not currently a parent account in existence, it would be best to create one, and then follow our
    Add a new member to your family on Xbox One as well as our
    How to add a child to a family account
    for specifics on adding a child account.

Try these for us and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox live parental control settings

Hi LukaDe,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issue with privacy settings. If you are a child account, you will need to add a family member as a parent.
    In reference to your question, I recommend checking out this resource article with the steps on how to add a family member :

Troubleshoot changing online safety and privacy settings

Brad
Thema:

1. Can't use "Add a child" or "Manage Family Members" to add my 13 year old to my Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Can't Add child

2. I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft: My child wants to add a friend to their Minecraft account but we can't figure out how. ba755cef-5c3e-4ea1-829d-b96d37c9b47b
  3. I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...: Hello, I am the primary organizer in my Family account and my child is a member under it. I have set his settings to be able to play multiplayer and set restrictions to age 6. I am adding my...
  4. Can't add funds to a child account for purchases on Xbox........

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add funds to a child account for purchases on Xbox........: Trying to add funds to my child's account and getting this error message for over a day now. Same message if I try on my phone or laptop...... [img] 6388cbe2-9151-4750-acd2-ec8ac22daa71
  5. Why can't my child add friends while playing Minecraft on his iPhone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my child add friends while playing Minecraft on his iPhone?: I've been at this for two hours. One of my children can add friends. One gets a message about needing to make a change to their privacy settings. They're the same age (twins), and as far as I can...
  6. I downloaded minecraft on the wrong account and now I can't add restrictions for my child.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I downloaded minecraft on the wrong account and now I can't add restrictions for my child.: I created a microsoft account for myself to monitor my child a while back. I didn't know how microsoft worked at that time so I accidentally made myself child account. I then proceeded to buy and...
  7. My child can't add friends on minecraft pe

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My child can't add friends on minecraft pe: Why can't my son add friends on minecraft pe? 21657e9d-caf5-48f8-a0e3-e9b1c91562e3
  8. Trying to allow my 12 y/o child add friends on minecraft, but can't figure out how.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to allow my 12 y/o child add friends on minecraft, but can't figure out how.: All settings have been changed, but still does not work. Please help. 5b12433a-7b28-4fb3-9892-a5382823039d
  9. Can't add friends from a child account due to server error

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add friends from a child account due to server error: Hello, I have one child account in my Family setup, and that child account is unable to add XBox live friends. Specifically when the child account is signed in and viewing a profile at...
  10. Can't add money to a child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add money to a child account: I've been trying to add money to my child's account for a while now, but always get the following error message: Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page...