Can’t upload or delete captures

Discus and support Can’t upload or delete captures in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello I can’t upload or delete captures. Anytime I delete captures they reappear and now I’m in the negatives???. And When I try to upload something it... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Owen Bergmann, May 25, 2023.

1. Can’t upload or delete captures

Hello I can’t upload or delete captures. Anytime I delete captures they reappear and now I’m in the negatives???. And When I try to upload something it says it uploaded to the Xbox network but doesn’t show up . Can someone please help? Considering making a new account or just switching to PS4.

:)

Owen Bergmann, May 25, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Owen!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If I may ask, are you trying to upload or delete captures via Xbox console or via Xbox app?

Also, may I know when was the last time you attempted to upload and delete captures?

Kindly give it 24 hours to have it sync in the Xbox Live server, however, if it doesn't work, please perform a power cycle before deleting them again.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Make sure that you're deleting them from the "Xbox Network"

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Go to Capture & share, and then select Recent captures > Show all.

3. Select On the Xbox network in the first dropdown box.

4. Select the clip you want to delete.

5. Press the A button, and then select Delete.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/....
  3. Mister Cazador Win User

Can’t delete captures

Hi there UglyChips, thanks for reaching out.

When your son goes to "Manage Captures", is he deleting them via the "On this Xbox" option via the drop-down menu to remove them from his console?

If he deletes the ones under "Xbox Live", he'll need to select the option to remove the clips from everywhere i.e. both Xbox Live and on his Xbox.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions about that.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Can’t delete captures

I'm Samy an independent advisor.

Welcome to the community. How are you, Mary?

I saw several reports about it today and tested it here and the same happens. I don't think it's a problem on our side but it seems to be a server problem. The problem should probably be resolved soon. I recommend waiting, thanks for your patience.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox captures are completely broken?

On your console Home Guide menu select Capture & share > Recent captures >Show all >Manage captures

That will show you your captures you have uploaded to the Xbox network. You can change this to captures on this console to show those captures.

If you change the look on screen to small icons (press 4 squares) you will have other options as well as a delete choice.

Looking at this screen outlay, on console captures will inform you if they have been uploaded to the Xbox network or not.

Captures on the console that have been uploaded to the xbox network can be deleted from the console if you want. Be aware that there is a finite available space on the console for captures that fills up very quickly if you make a lot of clips and/or screenshots.

Uploaded Captures on the xbox network can also be deleted.

I use the sort option and delete captures regularly from both my console and Xbox network to keep my captures manageable.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Anyway to keep shared screenshots and videos visible after deleting from xbox network

I'm Samy an independent advisor

How are you?

You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach those limits, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.

Any game clip or screenshot uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.

Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.

You can also store your screenshots and videos on your PC, OneDrive, and your phone.
Thema:

1. Can’t upload or delete captures - Similar Threads - Can’t upload delete

2. Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network: My game captures are not uploading to one drive and the xbox network and are stuck at 0%. I have tried restarting the console multiple times but it still does not work. My wifi is perfect and the...
  3. Can’t upload any captures to one drive.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t upload any captures to one drive.: Whenever I attempt to upload my caputures from Xbox to one drive it tell me that something went wrong. I have space on OneDrive for all the files and don’t understand why they won’t transfer....
  4. Can’t upload to find groups

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t upload to find groups: Me and my bf share a console he has his set of friends I wanna find some but when I got to post looking for a group of friends it does not let me we use the Xbox 1 this is also a problem for him...
  5. I can’t upload a clip to OneDrive

in XBoX on Windows
    I can’t upload a clip to OneDrive: Hello! I can’t upload a 4:20 clip to OneDrive (I’ve cleared my whole OneDrive storage) And when I go onto my XboxOne i click the Xbox button and go the captures and it says for the one I want “...
  6. Whay I can’t upload game clip to one drive?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Whay I can’t upload game clip to one drive?: Whay i can’t upload game clip to one drive? c93a4f4a-cf83-4c84-ab9a-dddc214ccdc3
  7. My son can’t delete captures when he dose they come back again, he also can’t upload any...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son can’t delete captures when he dose they come back again, he also can’t upload any...: I son is trying to delete his captures on his Xbox X and when he dose this they come back again, he also can upload any captures Thanks 47cb6fb4-a8be-43d1-90a7-b5fff916b16d
  8. I can’t delete or upload Xbox clips anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t delete or upload Xbox clips anymore?: I’m having an issue where I can’t delete or upload my game clips. When I try to upload it acts like everything is fine, it even pops up on my phone telling me the clip has been uploaded and then I...
  9. My captures won’t upload and I can’t delete anything.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My captures won’t upload and I can’t delete anything.: My captures won’t upload and I can’t delete any captures. I try to upload my captures it says they’ve been uploaded and I get the notifications on my Xbox and the Xbox app but when I open it it...
  10. I still can’t figure out how to upload photos to my Microsoft to get them onto my Xbox. Can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I still can’t figure out how to upload photos to my Microsoft to get them onto my Xbox. Can...: I’ve been trying for awhile, someone please help. 28cbfb63-96bf-4265-84e6-c375f941dc58