Can't upload game captures from Xbox Live to Onedrive - Xbox Series X

Discus and support Can't upload game captures from Xbox Live to Onedrive - Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't upload my game captures from Xbox Live to my OneDrive. I am trying to do this by going to Recent Captures on my console, changing it to list... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Flurrio, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Flurrio
    Flurrio Guest

I can't upload my game captures from Xbox Live to my OneDrive. I am trying to do this by going to Recent Captures on my console, changing it to list view, selecting several clips/captures, and clicking "Upload to OneDrive", but it absolutely will not work. Nothing shows up in my OneDrive "Xbox Screenshots" folder.

One thing I did notice is that it does work for the captures that are stored locally on my Xbox, but that's not what I want to do. I really need to clear up space on my Xbox Live account so that I can upload more clips but I can't find any other way to do so besides uploading from my console to my OneDrive and then downloading from my OneDrive to my PC or other external storage.

Please help - this is very frustrating!

:)

Flurrio, Jul 14, 2022
  2. Christyna64 Win User

How do i transfer my gameplay videos to my smartphone from my xbox one?

Go to the App Store, or Google Play and download the Xbox app. You can then upload your game captures to Xbox Live, then use the mobile Xbox App to download your captures after they're uploaded to Xbox Live. You can also click on the share options for
    your captures and upload them to Onedrive and use the mobile Onedrive App to download to your phone.
  3. Jadigafer7 Win User

Won't allow me to upload captures to OneDrive.

I find that the upload to OneDrive function does not work properly in a lot of cases. To work around it I instead upload the capture to Xbox Live first and then I share it to OneDrive (same method as sharing through messages or to a feed, instead select
    OneDrive as the shared destination). After I have confirmed the capture was properly "shared" (uploaded) to OneDrive, I delete it from Xbox Live and my Xbox.

Not exactly, the most user friendly work around, but it seems to do the trick.
  4. ShadowOfNFS Win User

Uploading to OneDrive,but on the mobile app I can’t play the videos...

Can you clarify your issues a bit so we can troubleshoot a bit better? What platform are you on where you don't see the "upload" to Xbox Live or OneDrive anymore? Is this on Mobile, Win10, Xbox console?

And as for playing videos, is that directly in the OneDrive app, and if so, again, what platform are you on?
    Ok I'll explain with the best of my ability,so like for one capture only the options for upload limits down to Xbox Live only and I can't see the Upload to Onedrive icon.But whenever I hit the checkmark to manage multiple captures I see the option to Upload
    to Onedrive but that happens on Xbox.I use the mobile Onedrive app for captures,so when I get the notification that it uploaded to OneDrive and I go to look at it,there's only a play button picture and not a random thumbnail for the gameclip.Same if it's not
    a video from my Xbox,like an MP3 file can't play but has the note icon,that's the best I can explain it PalmettoBling.
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Downloading Xbox screenshots to pc

You can use OneDrive. You get 5GB of storage for free.

In the capture settings on the console, you can set it so that captures are automatically uploaded to OneDrive if you like. You can also manually upload multiple captures to OneDrive at once via the Captures app. Also, you can upload an individual capture to OneDrive via the Share menu.

Once uploaded, screenshots will appear in the Pictures\Xbox Screenshots folder inside your OneDrive folder, and videos will appear in Videos\Xbox Game DVR.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Flurrio!

Buddy, may I know if you tried power cycling the console to see if the issue persists?

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again

-------

Also, did you tried this workaround?

On your PC open (or download) the Xbox Console Companion app, once click on the three horizontal lines > game captures > select On Xbox Live > Press download

Once downloaded open File Explorer > Videos > Game captures and cut (or copy paste) the recently downloaded file to your One Drive folder
Thema:

1. Can't upload game captures from Xbox Live to Onedrive - Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Can't upload game

2. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X: I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my...
  3. Can't access uploaded screenshots and game clips on PC.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't access uploaded screenshots and game clips on PC.: Pretty much what the title says. There isn't anyway (that I know of) to access screenshots and game clips on my PC that I have uploaded to the Xbox network using my Xbox. I know I can do this...
  4. I can't upload screenshots or game clips to the xbox network.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload screenshots or game clips to the xbox network.: I've had this issue before and there were 3 solutions that are recommended, but none of them worked. 1.Purge/delete some or all the content you've previously uploaded... I actually do this...
  5. Can't upload game clips or screenshots to the Xbox network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't upload game clips or screenshots to the Xbox network: [img] I have came across an issue when trying to upload a gameclip to the Xbox network. I went to the gameclip that I wanted to upload, I pressed upload and then it went to this screen picture...
  6. I can't upload screenshots or game clips to the xbox network.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload screenshots or game clips to the xbox network.: I've had this issue before and there were 3 solutions that are recommended, but none of them worked. 1.Purge/delete some or all the content you've previously uploaded... I actually do this...
  7. Can't upload game captures from Xbox Live to OneDrive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't upload game captures from Xbox Live to OneDrive: I am having no luck uploading my game captures from Xbox Live to my OneDrive. I am trying to do this by going to Recent Captures on my console, changing it to list view, selecting several...
  8. Can't upload game capture's.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't upload game capture's.: So I tried taking a screenshot and uploading it but it wont upload, There's no error code and when i try to manually upload it says it's uploaded but it didn't. The last time something I...
  9. Questions that everyone has Xbox game bar minecraft for windows 10 and I can't upload...

in XBoX on Windows
    Questions that everyone has Xbox game bar minecraft for windows 10 and I can't upload...: Hi I have problems with game bar windows 10, problem 1 When the game bar is running, it uses a lot of RAM and CPU and hard disks, so when I am in the game, either the game bar slows down the game...
  10. Can't upload game captures to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't upload game captures to Xbox live: I can't upload any game captures to xbox live, it keep glitching and saying that it did upload, but it didn't actually upload. I also can't send messages to friends. Is anyone else having these...