Can't update my system from .2833 to .2840.

Discus and support Can't update my system from .2833 to .2840. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I've been trying to update my console for the last 6 hours. Tried every single solution. But it just gives random error codes everytime that has... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/umut1423, Nov 8, 2022.

1. /u/umut1423
    /u/umut1423 Guest

So I've been trying to update my console for the last 6 hours. Tried every single solution. But it just gives random error codes everytime that has nothing to do with my situation or not even existing codes. So I'm completely stuck with the repeating update that also ate through my limited data (I use a thing called Superbox which is like WiFi but limited usage and it's completely wireless, works on cellular data for those not familiar with it). First time ever happening.

I'm in Beta ring if I don't remember wrong and using a XOne (OG). So what to do?

submitted by /u/umut1423
    [link] [comments]

/u/umut1423, Nov 8, 2022
  2. frankiemagz Win User

Yet another hacked account investigation taking 3+ months

I got hacked too yesterday :( he spent my 2840 points and changed my password,im about to call microsoft support
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Can't update system

Hello Jenna, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to update your console. May I know which one do you have?

And, what happens when you try to update it? If an error appears, what message or code are you receiving?
  4. Luiz Henrique Rosa S Win User

Forza Horizon 4 save disappeared

The answer I got was "Your save file which includes progress and in game items on Steam is completely unique and separate from any pre-existing save file that's associated with your Xbox Live gamertag, due to technical limitations."

I thought it would be ok because I had to login to Steam on my friend's PC (who still has the game) and wait for the save to be downloaded and then transfer it to my PC. The problem is that I DON'T even have access to the save on STEAM. I mentioned this in the ticket but it has a 404 error.

[​IMG]

BUT:

[​IMG]
  5. Timmy Von Slash Win User

Multiple error code issues, prevents me from downloading any content.

I managed to resolve some of the issues I've been experiencing (including taking my hard drive to a different Xbox in order to promote my account), but there's one last obstacle preventing me from using my Xbox normally. I heard from Xbox support that the
    most recent system update comes in two parts: the main system update, and a small secondary system update that is set to automatically download and install once the main update is complete. The network here automatically blocks this secondary update from downloading,
    and I can't change the network settings (I'm currently at a university, so I can't change the network settings myself, and all of the IT and network staff here have pointedly ignored my requests to meet with them and discuss this issue). With the help of Xbox
    Support, I was able to download the main system update onto a flash drive and install it to my Xbox, but the system does not work properly without the secondary update. Is there any way that this secondary system update could be downloaded onto a flash drive
    via a computer or another console and then installed onto my Xbox?
  6. THExThundercatz Win User

Never ending "system update required" loop

The problems listed are:

Can't download the update. To test your connection, open System Settings and select Network Settings, Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Can't install the update. The disc is unreadable.

Can't read the update from the disc. Please reinsert the disc to continue the update.

These do not fit the description. However, I have tried all steps 1-5 and it did not fix my problem.
Thema:

1. Can't update my system from .2833 to .2840. - Similar Threads - Can't update system

2. Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC: [img] I clicked to update there, but I have an error. May I need to download the Minecraft Bedrock Version Manager? 9c44a8d7-2049-43ae-8cdd-a581272bccc8
  3. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  4. Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.: I can't get into Xbox or even the Minecraft launcher anymore, the app wont update. I have tried doing windows updates to no avail, restarting my computer, all that. I tried looking for my error...
  5. Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.: My Xbox One S console was previously shut off during an update. (It hung in the middle of the update for multiple hours). I followed the guide for doing an offline update, but I can't get into the...
  6. Xbox won't update and I can't use it. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't update and I can't use it. What do I do?: Ive tried multople times to do an update and its not letting me. It gets to the second update and just stops. I get a message that says something went wrong and an error code. I know my network...
  7. Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...: Xbox update Update error Restart Offline update ddfd9111-02a9-40b8-bb9f-1f90ad3ad176
  8. Can't update XBOX One (offline and online)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't update XBOX One (offline and online): Hi, someone recently won an out of the box XBOX One (that was probably sitting on the supermarket shelves since 2014/2015) at a charity bingo Since it was given to the charity by the supermarket...
  9. After last Xbox System Update can't switch receiver input to Xbox and have video

in XBoX on Consoles
    After last Xbox System Update can't switch receiver input to Xbox and have video: I have an XBox Series X Connected to a Denon Receiver and then to an LG OLED TV. I leave my XBox on all the time. Ever since the last system update last week, When I switch my receiver video...
  10. Can't update system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't update system: There was a problem with the update 3c09943c-f170-4eb1-b193-3467a95bb652