Cant update My Sea of Thieves or any Microsoft apps.

Discus and support Cant update My Sea of Thieves or any Microsoft apps. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On Windows 10: The PVP update came out and I wanted to hop on with my friends, Of course you cant update SoT from the SoT launcher/Menu so I went to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MatthewFishlips, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Cant update My Sea of Thieves or any Microsoft apps.

On Windows 10:

The PVP update came out and I wanted to hop on with my friends, Of course you cant update SoT from the SoT launcher/Menu so I went to open the Xbox App to update it from there. Upon opening it, It would just flash the Xbox symbol while loading indefinitely (Tried Waiting it out, one time for over an hour) It never loaded. So I tried to update SoT from the Windows store, The "Get Updates" button does the same thing, Loading indefinitely.

I'm not sure how else to update the game, but since something was clearly wrong with my Microsoft Apps I thought I might as well attempt to fix them, I uninstalled the Xbox app, but on trying to reinstall the "XboxInstaller" would crash about 1/4 of the way through the instillation.

I've tried multiple "fixes" I've found online, spending over an hour in command prompts, file explorers, and strange windows prompts I've never heard of before, verifying files, running troubleshooters, "repairing", restarting, etc.

SoT has been uninstalled, The option to install it is grayed out on the Microsoft store app. When opened in a browser, The Microsoft Store option to install is there, but does nothing.

Nothing has gotten me any closer to a fix, The Xbox App still cannot be installed, The Windows Store still doesn't load updates, SoT is still on a mismatched version(now uninstalled).

I have no idea what to do, Please help, I'm on my knees, pleading and begging rn.

:)

MatthewFishlips, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello MatthewFishlips, first checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

After this try this procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

Being in use the system will ask if the user wants to check the chosen drive after reboot. Just type S and restart the computer.
  3. MatthewFishlips Win User

Thanks man! It was looking bleak until I got down to the chkdsk, but it looks like that solved my issue. Was able to redownload the Xbox app and I'm currently reinstalling SoT
  4. b62752a9-5d0d-49bd-8 Win User

Why does the Xbox app insist on installing multiple installations of games on my C drive without my permission?

Sea of thieves decided to uninstall itself for some reason over night, making it so that I cant play Sea of Thieves today due to the long download time.

If I buy Sea of Thieves on Steam, can I play with the same account as on the xbox app version? That way I wont need to deal with the Xbox app or its version of Sea of Thieves.
  5. Japie3krekel Win User

cant install certain games

i cant uninstall any games as there are no games installed. and my windows is fully updated.

edit: yesterday evening i succesfully installed sea of thieves but deleted it because othergames wouldnt install and now sea of thieves wont install either there are still some games in the recently installed tab in the start menu
  6. DevikM Win User

Xbox game pass

I think it is because you are trying to download Sea of thieves instead of the anniversary edition.

Try this:

Open the Microsoft Store(No the gamepass app), then search for Sea of thieves: Anniversary Edition and try to download that.
Thema:

1. Cant update My Sea of Thieves or any Microsoft apps. - Similar Threads - Cant update Sea

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. Cant factory reset to fix update error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant factory reset to fix update error: Xbox crashed and isn’t working, soft reset and didn't help then now am stuck on an update at 58% and the troubleshooting menu doesn't work per say I press the option to factory reset without and...
  4. I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...: Ive tried everything i can think of even looking at other posts on here and i dont know. This has been going on for a couple months now so i dont think it has anything to do with moderation....
  5. Cant use xbox application due to error 0x80070490 when trying to update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant use xbox application due to error 0x80070490 when trying to update.: Hi Everyone, I am encountering an extremely frustrating issue with the xbox application on my new desktop PC. I've installed the Xbox application from the Microsoft site and the Windows store,...
  6. why cant i update minecraft bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i update minecraft bedrock: i cant update mc bedrock it keeps saying something happend on microsofts end ive tried multiple things but it just wont work ce3bbba7-648b-4f1a-8d09-8c4026e617fe
  7. Xbox cant load game after doing a software update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cant load game after doing a software update: Having a bug this morning where i got an xbox update while playing a game, i installed it fully and when i finally finished it i went to load my game back up but it keeps crashing with no error...
  8. I cant download the new minecraft update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant download the new minecraft update: I was trying to download the new minecraft update and I left my computer running for hours and it stayed at 0% updated cde94654-1754-4d25-97fc-3ed7eee47000
  9. cant update xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant update xbox one?: ive been trying to update my xbox one. i recently reset it to factory setting due to issues with connecting to the internet. I booted up the console, connected to the internet perfectly fine but...
  10. Cant update in microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant update in microsoft store: I started roblox , when i started roblox it said it needs an update , "click on update" and when i clicked it , it redirected me to microsoft store , in microsoft store I couldnt see an update...