Cant update gamerpic / avatar? Xbox but on PC windows 10

Discus and support Cant update gamerpic / avatar? Xbox but on PC windows 10 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Sorry. I have searched this to no end and no-one has the answer. Well I find an answer from 5 years ago but things have changed / dont match current... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ALBINO RAT, Nov 22, 2022.

1. ALBINO RAT
    ALBINO RAT Guest

Sorry. I have searched this to no end and no-one has the answer.

Well I find an answer from 5 years ago but things have changed / dont match current "apps"

I have NO xbox console.

I have a PC. Windows 10.

a 17 year old Xbox account.

I have the widget, I have the app, I have my Xbox profile through the website and my MS account via website.

I do NOT have a viable phone for any apps or websites.

I just want to have a custom gamer tag picture thing.

I find no option to change my gamerpic other than to some generic MS/Xbox clipart from various games I've played.
    I want a custom picture off my harddrive.

I currently have a 360 gamerpic. bought years ago (doom dude) and I assume i'm gonna lose that anyway if I change it.

When I look online for help, videos show people using the Xbox app (companion tool), going to customize and selecting to upload a picture.

I simply do not have the upload option. Just a list of icons/images I don't want.

A couple of obscure sites (And this support site) have alluded to the problem being due to having "custom privacy" settings and to just "flip it to adult, sort your picture, then put your custom settings back". That help is 5 years old and NONE of the pointers are relevant to menus anywhere on any of the websites/apps.

I've trawled all the apps and websites to ensure my privacy, account, etc is fully "adult" or not restricted in any way. Nada. Still no option to change gamerpic.

Other sites allude to maybe having to save a pic to a folder somewhere? Sounds a bit unlikely and no-one explains how nor does it answer why I have this problem where others dont.

Notoriously with the age of my account and MS / XBox's processes and systems changing over the years I think I have a little glitch in the matrix.

Can anyone help. MS / Xbox collaboration is a hot pile of mess on PC with the amount of different apps and options that dont link in any way.

Thanks

Albino

:)

ALBINO RAT, Nov 22, 2022
  2. ALBINO RAT Win User

Thank you. You were correct. I wasn't using the 5th app / piece of software that links between my PC and Xbox account.

Thank you.

Not sure if I need the Xbox app at all then? (Rhe)

Thanks

Albino
  3. Smwutches Win User

Make sure the PC app you're using is specifically called Xbox Console Companion, not the Xbox app. Those are 2 different things. The Xbox app itself has never been updated to add that function on PC.
  4. NxtDoc1851 Win User

xbox avatar update

Yeah, it was. I don't care about Windows 10 for PC yet. I want my Xbox One Windows 10 update and see how they integrate avatars and proper themes
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Custom gamerpic?

So here's a step by step for the app on PC. Pull up the app and let it load to whatever your home feed is. Click on your gamerpic and let it load to your profile. Select the customize button, then hover your mouse over your gamerpic. Once over, it should
    then say customize, simply click it. Then, above all the default ones it should say "Upload" or something like that.

Also, as a side note. An avatar and a gamerpic are two different things. The avatar is supposed to be a mini-you/3D character. There's an app available on console and maybe on PC for that. The gamerpic is your profile pic.

These may help.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/change-gamerpic-on-xbox-one

https://www.wpxbox.com/upload-picture-xbox-live-profile-windows-10-xbox/
  6. cheesyhunter1 Win User

xbox avatar update

The avatar update is on the xbox app for windows 10 preview
Thema:

1. Cant update gamerpic / avatar? Xbox but on PC windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cant update gamerpic

2. Xbox Controller Cant Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Cant Update: Hi, my xbox controller cant update and stuck at 0% when update. I waiting for 1 hour and more ecadd6af-198c-484e-8c1c-5ecea50a8367
  3. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  4. Cant factory reset to fix update error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant factory reset to fix update error: Xbox crashed and isn’t working, soft reset and didn't help then now am stuck on an update at 58% and the troubleshooting menu doesn't work per say I press the option to factory reset without and...
  5. I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...: Ive tried everything i can think of even looking at other posts on here and i dont know. This has been going on for a couple months now so i dont think it has anything to do with moderation....
  6. Cant use xbox application due to error 0x80070490 when trying to update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant use xbox application due to error 0x80070490 when trying to update.: Hi Everyone, I am encountering an extremely frustrating issue with the xbox application on my new desktop PC. I've installed the Xbox application from the Microsoft site and the Windows store,...
  7. why cant i update minecraft bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i update minecraft bedrock: i cant update mc bedrock it keeps saying something happend on microsofts end ive tried multiple things but it just wont work ce3bbba7-648b-4f1a-8d09-8c4026e617fe
  8. Xbox cant load game after doing a software update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cant load game after doing a software update: Having a bug this morning where i got an xbox update while playing a game, i installed it fully and when i finally finished it i went to load my game back up but it keeps crashing with no error...
  9. I cant download the new minecraft update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant download the new minecraft update: I was trying to download the new minecraft update and I left my computer running for hours and it stayed at 0% updated cde94654-1754-4d25-97fc-3ed7eee47000
  10. cant update xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant update xbox one?: ive been trying to update my xbox one. i recently reset it to factory setting due to issues with connecting to the internet. I booted up the console, connected to the internet perfectly fine but...