Can't update child's Xbox/Microsoft account to allow him to add friends

Discus and support Can't update child's Xbox/Microsoft account to allow him to add friends in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've just created my son a child's Microsoft account and Xbox profile, so that he can play with my other son on Minecraft on his android phone. When... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mrbubba, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Mrbubba
    Mrbubba Guest

I've just created my son a child's Microsoft account and Xbox profile, so that he can play with my other son on Minecraft on his android phone.

When he tries to add a friend, I get the message "You cannot add friends due to the setup of your Microsoft account" or similar

I have checked the family settings app and he is there in the family, but there are no options for me to change the setting to add friends.

I have followed many other instructions, which take me to the Xbox site, then to "privacy and settings", I then have my profile and my 3 sons profiles, but it will not let me select any of them, only allows me to select mine. If I click on my son's, it just loads the page again and goes back to my profile.

I've been going around in circles for an hour and so far he's unable to play with his brothers.

I'm contemplating just changing his date of birth and make him an adult!

:)

Mrbubba, Jun 30, 2021
  2. Mrbubba Win User

He's not using an Xbox, it's an Xbox profile, purely for him to play Minecraft on his android phone
  3. Mrbubba Win User

The last step is the one that takes me round in circles

I'm logged in as me, but when I click on his profile picture to manage, it just refreshes the page and I go back to my settings and not his
  4. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

5. XBF Leo G Win User

Problemas com a conta -[Translation - Account issues]

Hello JoãoPedroXR,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to add friends due to your Microsoft account's privacy settings. If you have a child account, you must

add your child account to a family by using an adult account. This will allow the adult account to

alter the privacy settings of the child account
    so the child account can add friends and utilize other social features. The articles we provided contain steps on how to complete this process. Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. Mr daffypyle Win User

Allowing Child Account to Add Friends

Hi,

Adults in the family can manage settings online and these changes will be applied to any Windows 10 device the child signs in.

You can refer to the article Set up your family to
    know more of what you could manage.

In the article Add members to your Microsoft family,
    there is a note that if the person that you're adding is already part of another family, they'll first need to be removed from that family.

Hope you find the answer to your queries in these articles.
Thema:

1. Can't update child's Xbox/Microsoft account to allow him to add friends - Similar Threads - Can't update child's

2. Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC: [img] I clicked to update there, but I have an error. May I need to download the Minecraft Bedrock Version Manager? 9c44a8d7-2049-43ae-8cdd-a581272bccc8
  3. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  4. Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.: I can't get into Xbox or even the Minecraft launcher anymore, the app wont update. I have tried doing windows updates to no avail, restarting my computer, all that. I tried looking for my error...
  5. Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.: My Xbox One S console was previously shut off during an update. (It hung in the middle of the update for multiple hours). I followed the guide for doing an offline update, but I can't get into the...
  6. Xbox won't update and I can't use it. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't update and I can't use it. What do I do?: Ive tried multople times to do an update and its not letting me. It gets to the second update and just stops. I get a message that says something went wrong and an error code. I know my network...
  7. Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...: Xbox update Update error Restart Offline update ddfd9111-02a9-40b8-bb9f-1f90ad3ad176
  8. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 065732c1-8d7a-4b83-8d2a-bc1a46dfa95d
  9. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 36971e3c-cbe9-468c-9483-d99d40d319ab
  10. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: My child can play java, but the windows version (we own both versions) says that it is incompatible and needs to be updated. When I go to the store and click Get, it says ask permission. Did that...