Can't unplug play&charge cable from Xbox 360 controller

Discus and support Can't unplug play&charge cable from Xbox 360 controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. I have original Xbox 360 controller and original play & charge cable. Fist time in my life I decided to connect it and now I just can't remove it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BridgesNash, Jan 3, 2023.

  1. BridgesNash
    BridgesNash Guest

    Can't unplug play&charge cable from Xbox 360 controller


    Hi. I have original Xbox 360 controller and original play & charge cable. Fist time in my life I decided to connect it and now I just can't remove it from controller!

    :)
     
    BridgesNash, Jan 3, 2023
    #1
  2. Ronnieee Win User

    Can't unplug play&charge cable from Xbox 360 controller

    Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

    Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

    I understand you need help with your controller problem.

    Actually, there is no special button that you need to press in order for you to remove the cable. The cable can just be removed easily by pulling it out from the controller. You might need to do it harder as it might just be stuck because of how tight it is. Just make sure not to pull using the wire but instead pull it from the base just on top of the controller.
  3. Arminator Win User

    Xbox 360 wired controller with windows 10

    In addition to the instructions from XBF Chris J, make sure that you really have a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not a wireless Xbox 360 controller that you connect with a Play & Charge kit cable.

    A real Xbox 360 controller that works with PC has a fixed, non-removable cable. If you can unplug the cable from the front of the controller, that cable ONLY transmits power to charge the controller.

    No controller data can be transmitted via that charging cable, and therefore the PC can not detect it. But when the controller detects power coming through that cable, it vibrates shortly. Maybe it's that why the controller "only" vibrates, but is not detected
    by the PC.
  4. Big-Pete Win User

    Controller Battery Pack

    As above, take the battery pack out of you're not going to use the Xbox for a while,.

    There is also no need to unplug the play and charge cable (unless its in the way) If you were to leave it plugged in the console would continue to trickle charge the controller when you power the console off. If you unplug the play n charge cable because
    for example it prevents a cabinet door from closing, then it may be worth looking at plugging the play and charge cable into a rear USB (unless used for wireless)
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

    Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10

    I have checked the Device Manager and saw "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit"..
    This is why. The wireless 360 controller is always wireless, it can't be turned into a wired controller. The cable can only charge the battery, it doesn't send data.

    To use your wireless controller you need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

    Laptop not detecting xbox 360 wired controller

    Are you sure the Xbox 360 is a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not connected by a separate cable like the play and charge cable? If it is the play and charge cable, it will not work on Windows 10, as it only charges the batteries on a PC. If it is a actual
    wired controller, then Windows 10 should detect and then download the drivers if needed.

    More info on connecting a 360 controller to a PC can be found here
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup
Thema:

Can't unplug play&charge cable from Xbox 360 controller

Loading...
  1. Can't unplug play&charge cable from Xbox 360 controller - Similar Threads - Can't unplug play&charge

  2. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  3. Can't see the "Claim digital license" option

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't see the "Claim digital license" option: I'm trying to claim the digital license for Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One) but the option isn't showing up. I'm on Preview Omega, and I just had an update today, showing up on latest but here's the...
  4. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...
  5. Alpha ring Can't play physical discs

    in XboX Insiders
    Alpha ring Can't play physical discs: Hey everyone. I haven't tried to play a physical game in a long while. However with the new disc to digital starting I wanted to try it out. When I put a disc in nothing happens. Literally...
  6. Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...

    in XboX Insiders
    Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...: I've noticed games diapering for a bit now and wanna know if it's happening to anyone else cause before it started happening I had like what 450 odd games earlier today I had 359 now it's at 360...
  7. Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...: Prior to the update a couple days ago, I could remote into my Xbox from work and play and install games. Since the update, if I remote to the Xbox, it no longer has an install button for games....
  8. Cloud gaming test, can't install game now

    in XboX Insiders
    Cloud gaming test, can't install game now: Alpha skip ahead. Ultimate subscription active. Pretty sure I have the update to test the new cloud gaming tier/feature. However, now when I try to install a game, the only option I have is to...
  9. I can't find the user-created Xbox Clubs.

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't find the user-created Xbox Clubs.: But have the Clubs been removed? I can only find the official game ones. submitted by /u/Whyenott_ [link] [comments]
  10. Can't connect to xbox live after name change and accidental unplug of console

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live after name change and accidental unplug of console: Hi, I changed my name on xbox 2 hours ago, and I was waiting for the name to change and I was going downstairs and I stepped on my XBOX 360 console cord, I replugged it and I can't sign in, when I...