Can't unplug play&charge cable from Xbox 360 controller

Discus and support Can't unplug play&charge cable from Xbox 360 controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. I have original Xbox 360 controller and original play & charge cable. Fist time in my life I decided to connect it and now I just can't remove it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BridgesNash, Jan 3, 2023.

1. BridgesNash
    BridgesNash Guest

Hi. I have original Xbox 360 controller and original play & charge cable. Fist time in my life I decided to connect it and now I just can't remove it from controller!

:)

BridgesNash, Jan 3, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your controller problem.

Actually, there is no special button that you need to press in order for you to remove the cable. The cable can just be removed easily by pulling it out from the controller. You might need to do it harder as it might just be stuck because of how tight it is. Just make sure not to pull using the wire but instead pull it from the base just on top of the controller.
  3. Arminator Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller with windows 10

In addition to the instructions from XBF Chris J, make sure that you really have a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not a wireless Xbox 360 controller that you connect with a Play & Charge kit cable.

A real Xbox 360 controller that works with PC has a fixed, non-removable cable. If you can unplug the cable from the front of the controller, that cable ONLY transmits power to charge the controller.

No controller data can be transmitted via that charging cable, and therefore the PC can not detect it. But when the controller detects power coming through that cable, it vibrates shortly. Maybe it's that why the controller "only" vibrates, but is not detected
    by the PC.
  4. Big-Pete Win User

Controller Battery Pack

As above, take the battery pack out of you're not going to use the Xbox for a while,.

There is also no need to unplug the play and charge cable (unless its in the way) If you were to leave it plugged in the console would continue to trickle charge the controller when you power the console off. If you unplug the play n charge cable because
    for example it prevents a cabinet door from closing, then it may be worth looking at plugging the play and charge cable into a rear USB (unless used for wireless)
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10

I have checked the Device Manager and saw "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit"..
    This is why. The wireless 360 controller is always wireless, it can't be turned into a wired controller. The cable can only charge the battery, it doesn't send data.

To use your wireless controller you need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Laptop not detecting xbox 360 wired controller

Are you sure the Xbox 360 is a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not connected by a separate cable like the play and charge cable? If it is the play and charge cable, it will not work on Windows 10, as it only charges the batteries on a PC. If it is a actual
    wired controller, then Windows 10 should detect and then download the drivers if needed.

More info on connecting a 360 controller to a PC can be found here
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup
Thema:

1. Can't unplug play&charge cable from Xbox 360 controller - Similar Threads - Can't unplug play&charge

2. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  3. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  4. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  5. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  6. Can't message

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't message: Can't message to other gamers 940583d9-eb4b-45d7-8ffe-8fff61521ad6
  7. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  8. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  9. i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it: i have got a Xbox gift card it won't redeem 8f77ffb3-395b-4b97-9dfc-4f450ab0b061
  10. Can't connect to xbox live after name change and accidental unplug of console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live after name change and accidental unplug of console: Hi, I changed my name on xbox 2 hours ago, and I was waiting for the name to change and I was going downstairs and I stepped on my XBOX 360 console cord, I replugged it and I can't sign in, when I...