Can't transfer or copy game saved data from internal hard drive to external hard drive.

Discus and support Can't transfer or copy game saved data from internal hard drive to external hard drive. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I had to get an external hard drive because I ran out of space on my Xbox One (for some reason it only came with 365 GB of internal... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TacoMonster1212, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Can't transfer or copy game saved data from internal hard drive to external hard drive.

Hello everyone!

I had to get an external hard drive because I ran out of space on my Xbox One (for some reason it only came with 365 GB of internal hard drive space). However, I transferred all my games to my 2 TB external hard drive, but it didn't transfer over the saved
    game data and therefore the games that require it, don't load the saved data because the game is on the external HD while the saved data is on the internal HD.

Is there a way to transfer the saved data from the internal HD to the external HD?

Or should I just transfer the games that I want to play back to the internal hard drive because there is no fix for this issue?

:)

TacoMonster1212, Dec 28, 2017
  2. How to transfer everything from the Halo console to the GOW3 Console?

The data transfer cable will not plug into the Halo hard drive. The transfer cable evidently cannot tranfer dater from a console with an internal hard drive to another console with an internal hard drive. I will have to transfer my data to an older external
    hard drive, then transfer it to the Gears console. I just hope I do not lose any data.

WILDMAN 69 XXX, Dec 28, 2017
  3. ThronedFlame
    ThronedFlame Guest
    Transferring new data to Xbox One S

I am interested in buying an Xbox one S, but I am not sure how hard it will be to transfer my save and game data to it. I'm sure I will have to reinstall games, but as far as save data goes, what's the best way to transfer that? I also have a 1TB external
    hard drive attached, but how do I tell if all the necessary data is on that for the transfer? Also can I tell what data is saved to that hard drive versus the internal hard drive?

ThronedFlame, Dec 28, 2017
  4. {james_lachlan_rober Win User

Xbox 360 hard drive

System Update Recommend Transferring all game saves and files to external hard drive and using the working internal hard drive as a back up drive that way the game saves and files are portable and you don't lose any data from the internal hard drive.
  5. WILDMAN 69 XXX Win User

How to transfer everything from the Halo console to the GOW3 Console?

The data transfer cable will not plug into the Halo hard drive. The transfer cable evidently cannot tranfer dater from a console with an internal hard drive to another console with an internal hard drive. I will have to transfer my data to an older external
    hard drive, then transfer it to the Gears console. I just hope I do not lose any data.
  6. 吊打小逗比 Win User

xbox 1 storage

You are using transfer, which is to move the contents of your internal hard drive to the external hard drive instead of copying, you do not need to manually delete the contents of the internal hard drive (because they are already on the external hard drive).
  7. callumewingewing Win User

Formatting a Seagate external hard drive

The external hard drive was around 20% full. After the I formatted the external hard drive it went down to 0% as everything was uninstalled. Thing is i tried transfering Battlefield 1 from the internal hard drive to the now empty external hard drive and
    it started transferring. Battlefield 1 was one of the games that just stopped installing/transferring when i wanted to move from the internal to the external hard drive so i might of fixed the problem. Now i am just concerned that the games that were uninstalled
    will not have anyting saved and i will have lost everything.
  8. {james_lachlan_rober Win User

hard drive

As an idea for xbox one hard drives because they are internal and not external try plugging in an external drive to save or transfer all important games to external hard drive and leave not so important games onto internal drive
    that way you can take them anywhere and not have hard drive failures with xbox one.
Thema:

Can't transfer or copy game saved data from internal hard drive to external hard drive.

1. Can't transfer or copy game saved data from internal hard drive to external hard drive. - Similar Threads - Can't transfer copy

2. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  3. Why can't I transfer my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I transfer my account?: It's so ridiculous that you can't switch the Microsoft account that your Xbox account is attached to. Microsoft really needs to fix this 86c0251e-af6a-40e6-8dc7-4dcf26cf3fdd
  4. Can't get discord audio to transfer to xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't get discord audio to transfer to xbox: Can't get discord audio to transfer to Xbox. Tells me I need to link but relinking does not resolve. Any trouble shooting advice? Tried restarting xbox and internet....
  5. Why XBOX GAME PASS can't transfer games from a PC to another PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why XBOX GAME PASS can't transfer games from a PC to another PC: It's feature is basic and very useful but why users can't transfer games from a PC to another PC. LOL 35ab180e-dd9f-43ec-bf37-909b4eeeb91c
  6. If I have a question how do I transfer my xbox one games to my xbox S if I can't get my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I have a question how do I transfer my xbox one games to my xbox S if I can't get my...: Some help would be greatly appreciated. How do I transfer my xbox One games to my Xbox s if The original xbox one won't stay on. It won't turn on stay on for longer than 2 sec I have literally 200...
  7. Please explain why minecraft can't be transfer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please explain why minecraft can't be transfer?: Hi, Microsoft Team, Mr. Bill Gates, Mojang Team, and Minecraft I've contacted Microsoft's team and asked for a recovery account three times. The team asked me to fill out the ACSR form at the...
  8. I can't transfer my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't transfer my account.: Greetings, Hi, so I'm trying to transfer my Microsoft Account to another one and I've watched a few YouTube tutorials of how to do so, but it doesn't work, I've attempted this quite a few times...
  9. I can't transfer my discord vc to xbox

in XboX Insiders
    I can't transfer my discord vc to xbox: When I try to use voice chat on xbox it opens the xbox app but doesn't take me to the screen to transfer to my console. Pls help submitted by /u/Warrior_Arts [link] [comments]
  10. Can't transfer my old xbox 360 account to my xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't transfer my old xbox 360 account to my xbox.: Hello, I have an account that i am having trouble logging into, as when i was younger i used to play on it alot, and i wish to log back onto it. I can go onto the xbox 360 and get into the...