"Can't test streaming because xbox or console is not updated"

Discus and support "Can't test streaming because xbox or console is not updated" in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 on a PC and XBox XS. I've been able to stream in the past but now I'm getting this error message. I've updated all software and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/That_Geologist3295, Apr 24, 2023.

1. "Can't test streaming because xbox or console is not updated"

I'm using windows 10 on a PC and XBox XS. I've been able to stream in the past but now I'm getting this error message. I've updated all software and drivers on my PC and restarted as well as Xbox. Any other reasons this might be happening?

submitted by /u/That_Geologist3295
    [link] [comments]

/u/That_Geologist3295, Apr 24, 2023
  2. MergingSchmoo Win User

Streaming Problem Status?

I have ensured that both the console itself and the xbox app are up-to-date (rechecked multiple times), but the app persists in giving me the error of "Can't stream because either the xbox app or your console needs to be updated. Make sure they're both up
    to date and try again" when I go to test streaming..
  3. Nikki247 Win User

Xbox companion app issue

Now the connect button isn't there, nor is the stream button. All it says is "test streaming" I clicked on that, and a message comes up, "can't stream because either the Xbox app or your console needs to be updated. Make sure they're both up to date and try again." My Xbox one says nothing about needing an update and neither do these apps. I checked all of them. I tried streaming on my other laptop(win10) and I get the exact same issue. I don't think anything is broken on my end.
  4. MichaelSpano Jr Win User

"We couldn't connect to your console. Make sure the console is still on and connected to the same network as this device."

So messing around some more and finding that the BETA is an older version than the one installed on my computer. It seems to do better at connecting initially so I was able to do "Test Streaming"

It said...

"Can't stream because either the XBOX app or your console needs to be updated. Make Sure they're both up to date and try again."

I'm pretty sure the last update I got on my Xbone was on the 5th or so of December.
  5. crizpop Win User

black screen on remote play xbox series s to windows

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have found the "Xbox Game Streaming Test App" today but it does not work.

Hopefully there will be a xbox console firmware update one day.
  6. sandy the hippy Win User

Xbox buttons not working on phone

When you test(on console) streaming ability, it DOES mention when it tests controller that some buttons may not work, and that a controller firmware update is on way to fix it
Thema:

"Can't test streaming because xbox or console is not updated"

1. "Can't test streaming because xbox or console is not updated" - Similar Threads - Can't test streaming

2. Trying to get in Beta testing but can't

in XboX Insiders
    Trying to get in Beta testing but can't: I have met all the requirements. Im level 5, and ive been in for over 3 years but I still can't join the beta preview ring. Anyone know why? submitted by /u/Maleficent-Mirror807 [link] [comments]
  3. Testing wired connection: Can't connect to your DHCP server.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Testing wired connection: Can't connect to your DHCP server.: I just bought a Netgear 5 port gigbit switch in hopes of wiring my Xbox series S. I could only hard-line into the router itself on the first port of the router. When we bought EERO wifi extenders...
  4. Xbox 360 can't connect to internet. Connection test failed "There is a problem with your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't connect to internet. Connection test failed "There is a problem with your...: Hello, I am trying to connect my Xbox 360 my wifi, but it is not working. The test fails, and then says There is a problem with your connection". I have tried to unplug the router trick, but it...
  5. Portal 2 on Xbox Series S: "can't connect to xbox live. Select test connection to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Portal 2 on Xbox Series S: "can't connect to xbox live. Select test connection to...: Hi! I recently installed Portal 2 on my Xbox Series S console, but I can't play local coop. It asks for both players to download their gamer profile, but neither of us can do it. Once we select...
  6. error: can't connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot

in XBoX on Consoles
    error: can't connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot: when i download 360 games i need to download profile but i cant because of this error: (can't connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot) i have no issue with connecting to...
  7. I'm in the xCloud Beta!! Can't wait to test this!

in XboX Insiders
    I'm in the xCloud Beta!! Can't wait to test this!: [IMG] submitted by /u/plugstart [link] [comments]
  8. Can't find/access Grounded Public Test via Insider App

in XboX Insiders
    Can't find/access Grounded Public Test via Insider App: As the title says: I am subscribed to the Xbox Pass and can launch Grounded I have 2 versions of the Xbox Insider App Neither version of the app, lists Grounded Public Test I've been following...
  9. Can't wait to test this!

in XboX Insiders
    Can't wait to test this!: [IMG] submitted by /u/UwUnator-2000 [link] [comments]
  10. D-Link D-Link DCM-202: Can't go online on Gears of War 4. Ping is around 180 on Xbox App test

in XboX Networking Hardware
    D-Link D-Link DCM-202: Can't go online on Gears of War 4. Ping is around 180 on Xbox App test: D-Link (Modems/Gateways) D-Link DCM-202 (Modem): Can't go online on Gears of War 4 (Windows 10). Ping is around 180 on Xbox App test Did you try to power cycle your modem/router??...