Cant spend Microsoft Points

Discus and support Cant spend Microsoft Points in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I have £10 worth of Microsoft points on my account and when going to purchase an item that is £4.99 it tells me I have insufficient funds and need to... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Hans Moleman 50, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Cant spend Microsoft Points

I have £10 worth of Microsoft points on my account and when going to purchase an item that is £4.99 it tells me I have insufficient funds and need to connect another payment method?Yes I am aware that VAT can affect the price but surely it wouldn't be
    so much that I'm not able to purchase something for more than half the amount that I have in my account? Can anyone please help me?

:)

Hans Moleman 50, Jan 3, 2020
  2. NaZoooom Win User

Hi Hans Moleman 50,

When you say you have £10 worth of Microsoft points, do you mean Reward Points? If so, have you redeemed the points for either an Xbox or Microsoft gift card.

As far as I am aware, you cant just spend reward points, you have to redeem first.

Hope this helps :)
  3. skeletor guy Win User

I believe there is an option to change your payment method, and any redeemable values should be selectable from there.

Hope this helps.
  4. maxen Win User

Cant spend points

There might not be a drop-down if there aren't any other accounts, but have a look from a PC too if you can at some point.

Whenever this issue does pop up, it's usually a case of going straight to Support because there's a warning or block on the account that they can remove. Is there any chance you could get in touch with them again and get them to check that once more?

Meanwhile I saw there were a couple others now having the same issue, I'm going to start tracking them and see if there are any other commonalities and whether there's anything that can be done that hasn't yet been suggested.
  5. OptimusGnarkill Win User

Cant spend points

Top right it says: US • Personal Account • You have $65.19 USD

I dont see a drop down menu tho...maybe because Im using my iPhone, but everything points to me having the money in my account. I clicked on the Payment Options tab and this is an exact copy of what it reads: You currently have $65.19 USD in your Microsoft
    account with $0.00 USD expiring within 30 days.

Some people were saying it could be because I entered so much money in a short period of time, it looked suspicious so my account would be locked but the support guy didn't notice anything like that blocking me from making purchases. Maybe he missed it?
    Seems like that would be pretty obvious though.
  6. maxen Win User

Cant spend points

Right, so where did you redeem them? Points have to be redeemed from the console. They should then automatically be transferred into currency.

Could you check that they appear on
    commerce.microsoft.com
    You should both see a points deposit and the conversion to currency.

If there is no currency conversion, go back to the console and download a demo or something. You should be taken through the steps to convert.

Your error message of unable to authorise is really weird, as that usually means there is something wrong that Support could see. That they said there was nothing wrong is confusing. It really does feel like shooting in the dark here. I've asked you several
    questions to try to find something that to me at all seems off, but so far there's nothing (except the possibility of unconverted points, above).

Is there anything else you can think of that might be in any way relevant to this?
Thema:

1. Cant spend Microsoft Points - Similar Threads - Cant spend Microsoft

2. Cant change pin settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change pin settings?: Recently charged $700 that wasn't my purchase and in trying to prevent that I’m adding a pin when purchasing but Xbox says “You can use your pin, but we cant change its settings right now”….I have...
  3. My friends cant see when im on my pc.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends cant see when im on my pc.: I have tried going through my settings many times and still cant find a fix as to why my friends cant see when im online. 6925889c-0db0-48b6-962b-b5858a2476d1
  4. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  5. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  6. I cant spend my giftcards

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant spend my giftcards: So my perents and friends bought me two of 10 euros giftcards, but there isnt any options i can spend the giftcards when i try to buy fifa 23 or another game/ curency. I can reedem them and...
  7. my xbox shows £15 from a gift card but cant spend it on any games

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    my xbox shows £15 from a gift card but cant spend it on any games: i redeemed a £15 gift card and everything went through a normal my account in settings the page shows i have £15.50 when i try to spend it on any game my account only shows i have £0.50...
  8. I CANT SPEND MY $40

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I CANT SPEND MY $40: i just got my xbox 360 in australia and im now in new zealand i had abit of credit in aus and i have a bit left then i brought a nz xbox credit and the i entered it into the xbox 360 it didnt work...
  9. CANT SPEND LOCAL CURRENCY AT ALL

in XBoX on Consoles
    CANT SPEND LOCAL CURRENCY AT ALL: i added 25$ and cant spend it it says we couldnt authorize this please make sure you billing address is correct and i have no CC or debit card on my account and when i go to xbox.com i see the...
  10. cant spend local currency

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant spend local currency: i added 25$ and cant spend it it says we couldnt authorize this please make sure you billing address is correct and i have no CC or debit card on my account and when i go to xbox.com i see the...