CAN'T SPEAK TO ANYONE ABOUT CHANGING MY GAMERTAG!

Discus and support CAN'T SPEAK TO ANYONE ABOUT CHANGING MY GAMERTAG! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; This is really frustrating now - I can't change my gamertag! I have a Microsoft account that has all the correct information, including my address... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GaryJHills, Mar 1, 2022.

1. GaryJHills
    GaryJHills Guest

This is really frustrating now - I can't change my gamertag!

I have a Microsoft account that has all the correct information, including my address here in Thailand, however, when logged into my XBox account (on PC) I try to change my gamertag but I can't because it doesn't pick up the payment details from my account and asks me for a credit card but the address will not let me choose Thailand.

I have gone through the support as million times to try to get to chat to someone one - No way to get on Webchat! It's impossible to find and when I try to request a call back, I choose my country and enter my number and it just keeps saying "something went wrong on our end and we are looking into it!"

Why on earth is it sop difficult to talk to a real person now to sort this out?!?!?!?!

:)

GaryJHills, Mar 1, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

In this case you probably would need to contact steam about that, as it's a platform independent from Xbox, you should be able to use the game, the problem you face it's not the game in self, but the gamertag personalization, as this requii Xbox services to be available in the region the payment method was issued
  3. ngocphi Win User

You are mistaking the two separate services

Consoles are paid as proven with Nintendo and sony it's NOT PROFITABLE to be free both lost 2billion per year and that's answerable to their shareholders

With steam it's a different

One you aren't hosted by steam and you pay for your hardware and upkeep at your own cost cost of ownership is higher on pc then it is console

It's peer to peer service

Xbox psn and Nintendo have hosted servers katamari or azure

Online subsidizes your hardware you couldn't possibily think 1500 dollar computer would really cost 600 dollars did you?

Consoles buy hardware in the millions so they get BULK discount and they manufacturer their consoles

Computers are sold as components to the store and you pay for a assembled computer or component to component pricing 1 to 1 not bulk

With the exception of steam deck and steam box steam doesn't have hardware cost and most of the time developers not steam

Both steam and online services STILL have to follow the rules of every region

This adds to the cost of doing business in a region including the local data centers which cost millions per day to run

If the power isn't sufficient for the region which countries like Vietnam is notorious for (frequent blackouts on hot days )

It means that the data centers need to have their own power supply

You are only garenteed service as long as you are using the service by following the rules and your own regional laws and since you aren't in an xbox live region you have to provide your own method and no we can't help you bypass the region restrictions

You do so at your own risk

The only way past this error is to follow the rules which is the solution to your problem even the error tells you this
  4. GaryJHills Win User

I've always been in Thailand when I bought the things. I have been here for over 14 years and as stated previously, my Microsoft account has the correct address and information on it - there is no violation of any services!

All I want to do is pay to change my gamertag! Why is it such an issue?
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

You probably have purchased Microsoft store content, as it's available on more countries than Xbox services, as both companies are available in different regions as you can see in the link i have shared

About others accessing the services, this is trough bypass methods that can actually end on a violation to the terms of service

[​IMG]
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi GaryJHills! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

The error with the payment it's because in your region currently the Xbox services are not available

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/regions

That's the reason why your country it's not appearing when you try to add a payment method, any region outside the ones supported by Xbox won't appear among the list as in those regions the content it's not available
Thema:

1. CAN'T SPEAK TO ANYONE ABOUT CHANGING MY GAMERTAG! - Similar Threads - CAN'T SPEAK ANYONE

2. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  3. My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...: I tried every troubleshooting solution there I could find, I even tried the steps that were posted on a similar question to this, and none of it seems to work, my mic works on other devices but...
  4. How do I speak to a real operator, my account got hacked but I can't do anything and I've...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I speak to a real operator, my account got hacked but I can't do anything and I've...: I've tried to log into my account that got hacked and I can't do anything what so ever I would like to get in contact with an actual agent who will be able to help me but it wont let me contact...
  5. I can't speak in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't speak in party chat: I have no active bans or suspensions on my account via the Enforcements page, yet I can't speak in party chat on my PC or Xbox, with different microphones. I switched to a different account on the...
  6. Why can't I hear people in game chat or speak?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I hear people in game chat or speak?: I can still join a party. Can still send messages. I'm not voice chat banned so why is everyone in my call of duty game muted? I can't unmute them either. I went to my Xbox settings and everything...
  7. WHY!? Can't I speak with someone or request a call? The chat bots are next to useless.

in XBoX Accessibility
    WHY!? Can't I speak with someone or request a call? The chat bots are next to useless.: I've spent a lot of money over a lot of years on xbox products, so not being able to call or even request a call from customer service when the brand new product you sold me stops working, is...
  8. How can I request warranty repair if your website throws error and I can't speak with a human?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I request warranty repair if your website throws error and I can't speak with a human?: I bought Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller and left thumbstick stopped working. It is still on warranty so I am trying to create a warranty request but the website fails with error saying...
  9. My account was hacked and I can't find a number to speak with someone that can actually help.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and I can't find a number to speak with someone that can actually help.: My account was hacked twice this week so, they'll probably do it again. I have had to change my password just to get into my account for the day, but they got in again the last time so I doubt...
  10. This new Support is a joke, I can't actually speak to a person to resolve my issue!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    This new Support is a joke, I can't actually speak to a person to resolve my issue!!!: I've been trying for the last two days to speak to a real person about my issue and each time I try to request to talk to a agent I get the error message 'There was an error connecting you. Feel...