Can't solve Gaming Services issue.

Discus and support Can't solve Gaming Services issue. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to install a game I get an error saying I need to download gaming services. It does not work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by docStrangluv, Mar 12, 2023.

1. docStrangluv
    docStrangluv Guest

When I try to install a game I get an error saying I need to download gaming services. It does not work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the xbox app, manually removing and reinstalling the gaming services and a few solutions I saw online. None have worked and I cannot install games on my PC. Is there a definitive fix for this yet?

Thanks in advance

:)

docStrangluv, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Michael Nelson4 Win User

OP obviously didn't have problem fixed, the last response indicated the issues persisted, and my issue matches this situation, I'm very frustrated they ignored that response and stopped responding in a helpful way. After all of the troubleshooting, I'm still in the same boat as OP, on the line with reletively useless microsoft customer support, handed off by the even more useless Xbox support. I grew up with Xbox, swore by it, I'm sure Bill is rolling around restlessly in his grave, shame on you
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello docStrangluv,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, you are having issue on downloading gaming services and is unable to despite trying the basic troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

We would like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution to your concern.

1. What is the version of Windows you are using?
    2. When did the issue start?
    3. Are you getting any error message or error code while trying to download the Gaming services?

For the meantime, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. You can skip those steps that were performed already.

1. Make sure Windows is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to check available updates including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Reset Microsoft Store

• Press Windows key + R and type wsreset.exe then hit enter.
    • An empty Command prompt will pop open. Let it be for a few seconds and the command line will close automatically (after it has cleared the cache behind the background) and Microsoft Store will be launched in its place.
    3. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

4. Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.
    5. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

You may also check the related article through this link: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. CyndiC78 Win User

We are having the same problem after a windows update today (2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023706)). Games on the Xbox app from gamepass are missing. If we attempt to play Minecraft launcher, it gives an install button instead of a play button. If we try to install, we get an error that says "gaming services required" if we click to download gaming services required, a green bar appears on the bottom of the app saying that gaming services is installing and it may take a few minutes. Then we get a notification that gaming services is installed, but nothing changes. The green bar stays there, there is a yellow triangle exclamation saying gaming services required, the games do not reappear and the install button starts the same process over again. Solution #5 did remove the app, it seemed to download again from the store, but nothing changed, we still get the same errors.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello docStrangluv,

Thanks for letting me know my prior solution didn’t fix the issue. We do have some further strategies to try and before we proceed any further, we would like to ask few details so that we can have a better view with the issue.

1. Can you send us a screenshot of the actual error?
    2. Are you getting a specific error message or error code?
    We really wait for your reply so that we can proceed to a more advance troubleshooting steps.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Can't solve Gaming Services issue. - Similar Threads - Can't solve Gaming

2. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  3. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  4. Can't message

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't message: Can't message to other gamers 940583d9-eb4b-45d7-8ffe-8fff61521ad6
  5. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  6. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  7. Can't add a payment method fix

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add a payment method fix: At first you need to change your country/region to Germany. And you need to type this address while adding a payment method: Address Line 1: Boylstoin St. Postal code: 01605 City: Worcester...
  8. i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it: i have got a Xbox gift card it won't redeem 8f77ffb3-395b-4b97-9dfc-4f450ab0b061
  9. I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?: I've had my xbox account for 8+ years and today I've been told there's "usual activity" on my account. To what that is, is beyond me. I can't use the phone code because it's linked to my old phone...
  10. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenges 9/17/2023 TriPeaks (Easy) CAN'T BE SOLVED

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenges 9/17/2023 TriPeaks (Easy) CAN'T BE SOLVED: Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenges 9/17/2023 TriPeaks (Easy) CAN'T BE SOLVED. I have achieved perfect scores for the last two years. I have gone online, and other users have the same...