Can't sign into Xbox app

Discus and support Can't sign into Xbox app in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, For a while I've had this issue where when I launch Xbox app, then click "sign in" it opens a window, which tries to load and says "please wait"... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Matobit, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Matobit
    Matobit Guest

Can't sign into Xbox app

Hi,

For a while I've had this issue where when I launch Xbox app, then click "sign in" it opens a window, which tries to load and says "please wait" with xbox logo, but then disappears and then appears and disappears, stuck in a loop. I had to reinstall the app - which then went from a loop to appearing only once then disappearing. I try to click "sign in" and it just does the same thing again - refusing to let me sign in. I uninstalled it completely using a third party uninstaller which also removed the registry entries and trailing files associated with it.

It's getting very frustrating, and Microsoft support doesn't have a help feature available for this type of issue. I tried a different option but the microsoft virtual agent gives me an error.

Please can someone help.

Thanks,

:)

Matobit, Sep 11, 2022
  2. sjholland87-C0CE063F Win User

smart glass?

I can't seem to get this to work. I sign in on the xbox, sign in on the app and it can't find my xbox :(
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can't sign into Xbox app

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Matobit

Please try this:
    Press Windows + X, then click on Windows Powershell (Administrator)

Then type or copy/paste this command and press enter:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC and install the recently deleted app:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-id...

Finally go to Windows Settings > Apps and Features > Xbox app > Reset and Repair, then restart your PC and give it a new try.

If that doesn't work please also try these tutorials:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Or try this (RainingRoses response):

"Try the following options for Windows 10/11:
    1. Go to Credential Manager (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...) > Windows Credentials (not the Web option), select XblGrts|DeviceKey and remove.

2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts. Select your account with the issue and verify that the ‘Apps need to ask me to use this account’ setting is enabled. This would especially help if you have multiple accounts as you would have the option to choose the correct account on startup, but you can always change it back to the automatic option if you prefer. You can also try to remove the account from here and re-add it later.

3. Follow this file path: C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
    Delete the Accounts and Cache folders, which will be deleted from the Xbox Identity Provider

Note that the highlighted code in this file path depends on your system so may vary.
    If you don’t see a particular folder, then confirm there’s no search filters applied and select ‘show hidden items’, or you can just search for the folder in the search bar.
    Restart your PC after trying the above steps, so that these properly take effect next time you sign in. It may also help to then reset and repair and/or uninstall and reinstall the Xbox apps where this error occurs."

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  4. Wilfred Mac Win User

Can't sign into the Xbox app

Thanks for the update. To further isolate the issue, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app from your computer. Kindly follow the steps below:

To uninstall the Xbox app on your computer, kindly perform the steps below:

1. Click Start > All apps > Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right-click Windows PowerShell and click More > Run as Administrator.
    3. In Windows PowerShell window, copy and paste the following command: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.
    5. To reinstall the Xbox app, all you have to do is to search the Xbox app from Windows Store.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Can't sign into the Xbox app

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good morning

Follow these steps:
    Select the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Settings.
    Select Update and Security > Check for Updates.
    Select View optional updates, then select update KB5004476 from the list.
    KB5004476
    Select Download and Install.
    When the update is complete, restart the device.
    You should now be able to install, update and launch games.

Are you still in trouble?

Create a notepad file with the following name:
    "RepairGamingServices.ps1"

inside the file paste this text (if quotes):
    "
    Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse
    Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

"
    Then, to run, right-click on the file, and run as administrator. then restart windows. then you need to open the Xbox app from Windows 10 that will be warning you that you need to install an extra component for the app, accept and wait for the installation. After that, Microsoft guarantees that you will be able to reopen and download Xbox Game Pass games on Windows 10.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Can't sign into Xbox app

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

These steps can help you, give it a try.

Press the Windows Button then type Services.

Right-click over the Services App from the list of results.

Then select Run as Administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper

Xbox Live Auth Manager,

Xbox Live Game Save,

Xbox Live Networking Service,

Gaming Services.

Do this with each of the services listed above.

Right-click over the service and select Properties.

Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic.

If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services.

Click Apply and OK to save changes. Restart your PC and try again.
Thema:

Can't sign into Xbox app

1. Can't sign into Xbox app - Similar Threads - Can't sign app

2. Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...: I'm at my wit's end. I've had this problem for almost a year running and genuinely nothing works. No matter what commands I put in an Admin Powershell, no matter how I set Windows Update in my...
  3. I can't sign into the Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into the Xbox App: Everytime I try to sign in, a blank window comes up (I'm assuming it's supposed to be the sign in window) but it immediately disappears. That way I can play games that I already have installed,...
  4. Can't sign in to pc Xbox app!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to pc Xbox app!!!: When I launch my Xbox app on pc I get a message saying "There seems to be a problem with your Store account." so then it asks me to sign in and when I do I use the correct email and when I enter...
  5. Why can't I sign into the xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I sign into the xbox app on PC?: I have tried everything on these so-called forums. I still cannot sign in to the xbox app on windows. So I am unable to install any xbox windows games. Xbox play anywhere does not seem to be...
  6. Can't sign in on Xbox (both app and series s)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in on Xbox (both app and series s): Hi there, I've been trying to sign in for a while now, even unplugged my Xbox and everything, but can't sign in anywhere. The reference I get is 0x87DD0033 - any idea how I can resolved this...
  7. Can't sign in to xbox app on pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to xbox app on pc: [img] Tried to repair and reset, reinstall the app, drivers up to date but it still wont let me sign in. On MSFS for example, it is not able to load/sync online data. When I click sign in, it...
  8. I can't sign into the Xbox app on my Samsung Smart TV, what should I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into the Xbox app on my Samsung Smart TV, what should I do?: I've tried signing into the Xbox app on the Samsung Gaming Hub, but each time I do, the TV screen says "Couldn't sign you in. Something went wrong.". I would also like to say that there is...
  9. Can't Sign in on Microsoft Store, Xbox App, or Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Sign in on Microsoft Store, Xbox App, or Minecraft: I have tried a multitude of things: I've restarted my computer, reinstalled the Microsoft Store, checked for updates on Windows, troubleshooted the Microsoft Store, and restarted Xbox services on...
  10. Can't sign into Xbox APP on windows 11 because of "You are not connected to the internet"...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign into Xbox APP on windows 11 because of "You are not connected to the internet"...: "You are not connected to the internet" xbox live says that when I try to sign in and I tried thousands of fixes, I have to mention that I also deleted some or all xbox files by accident 2 months...