Can't sign in to Xbox app for Windows

Discus and support Can't sign in to Xbox app for Windows in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, Since a couple of days ago the Xbox app for Windows says that I'm signed out. When I click sign in the app reloads and nothing happens. If I go to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Samuel Falk, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Samuel Falk
    Samuel Falk Guest

Hi,

Since a couple of days ago the Xbox app for Windows says that I'm signed out. When I click sign in the app reloads and nothing happens. If I go to the settings it says that I'm signed in with a store account but no Microsoft account.

I can still play already installed games but can't install any gamepass games and can't view my library.

I've tried re-installing the app as well as solutions posted for similar problems such as signing in to the companion app and setting my time and date to automatic.

:)

Samuel Falk, Aug 12, 2022
  2. StephenQuinn82 Win User

Changing gamer tag

You can't change a gamertag into a previously owned one but you could sign in to the Windows 10 Xbox app with the old one though.

This link will give you you all the info you need to sign in to the Xbox app on Windows 10.

support.xbox.com/.../signin-xbox-app-on-windows-10
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Samuel

Please try this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Then do this:

Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service
    Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.
    Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)
    If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC and finally Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and give it a new try
  4. Samuel Falk Win User

I finally got it to work again. This is what I did:

1. Uninstalled the Xbox app
    2. Reset the Microsoft store cache with WSReset.exe
    3. Switched my Windows account to a local account and removed my Microsoft account from Windows
    4. Restarted the PC
    5. Installed the Xbox app and started it
    This led to the usual sign in prompt in the app showing and I could sign in. I think the problem might have been the auto-sign-in feature with Microsoft accounts.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Besides the troubleshooting steps described in your post. What else did you tried?

In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  6. Samuel Falk Win User

Thanks for the detailed suggestion but this did not solve the problem.
Thema:

1. Can't sign in to Xbox app for Windows - Similar Threads - Can't sign app

2. Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...: I'm at my wit's end. I've had this problem for almost a year running and genuinely nothing works. No matter what commands I put in an Admin Powershell, no matter how I set Windows Update in my...
  3. I can't sign into the Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into the Xbox App: Everytime I try to sign in, a blank window comes up (I'm assuming it's supposed to be the sign in window) but it immediately disappears. That way I can play games that I already have installed,...
  4. Can't sign in to pc Xbox app!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to pc Xbox app!!!: When I launch my Xbox app on pc I get a message saying "There seems to be a problem with your Store account." so then it asks me to sign in and when I do I use the correct email and when I enter...
  5. Why can't I sign into the xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I sign into the xbox app on PC?: I have tried everything on these so-called forums. I still cannot sign in to the xbox app on windows. So I am unable to install any xbox windows games. Xbox play anywhere does not seem to be...
  6. Can't sign in on Xbox (both app and series s)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in on Xbox (both app and series s): Hi there, I've been trying to sign in for a while now, even unplugged my Xbox and everything, but can't sign in anywhere. The reference I get is 0x87DD0033 - any idea how I can resolved this...
  7. Can't sign in to xbox app on pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to xbox app on pc: [img] Tried to repair and reset, reinstall the app, drivers up to date but it still wont let me sign in. On MSFS for example, it is not able to load/sync online data. When I click sign in, it...
  8. I can't sign into the Xbox app on my Samsung Smart TV, what should I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into the Xbox app on my Samsung Smart TV, what should I do?: I've tried signing into the Xbox app on the Samsung Gaming Hub, but each time I do, the TV screen says "Couldn't sign you in. Something went wrong.". I would also like to say that there is...
  9. Can't Sign in on Microsoft Store, Xbox App, or Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Sign in on Microsoft Store, Xbox App, or Minecraft: I have tried a multitude of things: I've restarted my computer, reinstalled the Microsoft Store, checked for updates on Windows, troubleshooted the Microsoft Store, and restarted Xbox services on...
  10. Can't sign into Xbox APP on windows 11 because of "You are not connected to the internet"...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign into Xbox APP on windows 11 because of "You are not connected to the internet"...: "You are not connected to the internet" xbox live says that when I try to sign in and I tried thousands of fixes, I have to mention that I also deleted some or all xbox files by accident 2 months...