Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass

Discus and support Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey folks! Hoping someone can help with this! Trying to install gears 5 via PC xbox app, D: is my secondary drive for storage and game installs, boot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by acholflocik, Sep 15, 2019.

1. acholflocik
    acholflocik Guest

Hey folks!

Hoping someone can help with this!

Trying to install gears 5 via PC xbox app, D: is my secondary drive for storage and game installs, boot drive being a 250gb nmve.

Until today I've been able to install game via PC game pass to D: Drive, when I try to install Gears 5 I get this message....

Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass [​IMG]

I have plenty of room on this disk as you can see here....
    Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass [​IMG]

I don't have any problems with accessing drive or loading other games!

Any advice or help is much appreciated Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass :)

Thanks

David

:)

acholflocik, Sep 15, 2019
  2. DemiFreak Win User

I'm not the OP but this worked for me thank you
  3. SammyVS Win User

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Independent Advisor and I will be helping you today.

How are you, mate?

Follow these steps, if one doesn't work, run the next one.

1.Open Windows Update and look for updates, update everything, including optional updates. Restart to apply updates and try again.

2.Press Windows Key + i and go to apps, search for ''gaming services'' click ''advanced options'' and then ''terminate, repair and reset. Try installing the game again.

3.Launch PowerShell as an administrator and enter

“get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”

Restart your PC, open PowerShell as admin again, and enter

“start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”

The Microsoft Store will open and ask to install Gaming Services, install. Then try installing any game again.
  4. ten13th Win User

Hi XBF Houmaidi O,

I followed your instruction on Powershell and Settings>System>Storage. I still have the same Unknown available error when trying to install new games.

Please advise.

Thanks
  5. acholflocik Win User

6. shawnownu Win User

Voted with my wallet lol,

I've tried for a couple hours today and a couple hours yesterday, cant download any game i buy so no reason to give anymore money until a viable solution is found

If its helpful I think its something to do with the windows app and how trusted installer is the owner and not the account holder even if you have admin rights

Also I think its something to do with if you have multiple drives ( OS for me is a SSD , but all games are downloaded on a 4TB harddrive)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass - Similar Threads - Can't select drive

2. Can't select a gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't select a gamertag: Well. I buyed Minecraft like hours ago and, when I selecting my gamertag, I'm clicking the button: "Let's go" but doesn't do anything. I can send a video or a image in discord my discord is:1336...
  3. My C drive is full, can't select my D drive as a download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My C drive is full, can't select my D drive as a download.: I want to install Halo: MCC to play with a friend, but my C Drive is full. Can't really uninstall a lot, as most of the stuff I still use. I've got 2T of storage in D Drive, and want to use it to...
  4. can't select D: drive to install games to

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't select D: drive to install games to: I have a small boot SSD drive I'm using for Windows 10 & I want to install my games to my 49.1 terabyte RAID 5 D: drive. If I go to profile | settings | general I can select d: with 34.9...
  5. I can't select the hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't select the hard drive: I can't select the hard drive my game is installed on. No errors! 21782212-afaf-4755-bb77-f7f12288fd59
  6. Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass: This is frustrating. I was able to install a few games six months ago. However, when I tried to install more games this week, I get this error. This error was documented in 2019, but the link to...
  7. Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass: [img] its say Can't select drive "unknown available" bc000428-24f3-4e2c-ab97-90b34f20f82c
  8. Can't select drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't select drive: So this just randomly started happening and I have no clue what to do you where to start. I try to install what it tells me but it never allows me to install the program, and it made me buy the...
  9. Can't select drive to install dragon quest XI

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't select drive to install dragon quest XI: I Had a game pass subscription and installed dragon quest xi to my S: drive before. Now i don't have game pass anymore and purchased the game but the only option i have is to install it on my C:...
  10. Xbox Game Pass for PC Beta - Can't select any drive to install games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC Beta - Can't select any drive to install games: While trying to install any games on Xbox Game Pass for PC, i am unavailable to select any of my drives to install the game. [img] I've tried several workarounds including going to...