Can't see profile or connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games

Discus and support Can't see profile or connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son has recently purchased Lego: Pirates of the Caribbean on his Xbox One. When he tries to start the game, he is asked to select a profile. A... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DJohnson2_842, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Can't see profile or connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games

My son has recently purchased Lego: Pirates of the Caribbean on his Xbox One. When he tries to start the game, he is asked to select a profile. A couple of profiles for other family members automatically display, but not his. He tries to ‘Download profile’ but gets an ‘Xbox live cannot connect’ message. Testing the connection shows the connection is fine. We have tried:

-restart (multiple times)

-testing connection

-removing profiles that do display in the list

We are at the end end of our tether after hours trying different things and searching online forums. Any suggestions?

:)

DJohnson2_842, Feb 28, 2023
  2. GIANTKNICKS123 Win User

I've got an 80151906 error code and can't connect to the network?

I can't download my profile, because this error code is preventing me from being connected to Xbox Live. You need to be connected to Xbox live to download a profile. Any other solutions? Not being able to play a majority of my games, because they're backwards
    compatible is very frustrating!
  3. GIANTKNICKS123 Win User

I've got an 80151906 error code and can't connect to the network?

I'm currently having the same exact issue. I can't connect any of my backwards compatible games to Xbox Live on my Xbox One. I've restarted twice and checked my internet. Neither of these are the issues. My NAT is open and evrything else is fine. I can't
    connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible games at all!
  4. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Kindly follow the steps below and see if it helps;

Please start up any Xbox 360 game on your Xbox one and open the guide with START + SELECT and then go to the bottom and select storage and then to profiles and delete your profile. Then re-download it on the guide again. Also, it may be needed to erase the Xbox 360 cache on your Xbox One:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Storage, and then select "Clear local Xbox 360 storage."

5. Select Yes. Your console will restart. (This will not affect your cloud-saved games or Xbox One games and profiles.).

Once done, try to play the XBOX 360 game again on your Xbox one, it should work.

If it still doesn't work, try to refresh your operating system and delete all potentially corrupted data that restricts you from using your console normally without deleting your games or apps.​​​​​​​

Note: Make sure that you know your account logins before doing this step. Also, this will remove all your Home Xbox associations.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.

3. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll select Reset and keep my games & apps.
  5. LuBulegend92 Win User

Dead Space achievements aren't showing up

After that, I try to play Alan Wake and I still can't connect to live to download my profile. Is the 360 Backward Compatibility broken?
  6. Samoht890 Win User

Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games

I tried this, but whenever I click "Download Profile", it tells me that it can't connect to Xbox Live. Hitting test connection just takes me back to the Xbox One network menu. I've had this problem for weeks now, and I can't play any backwards compatible
    games online.
Thema:

1. Can't see profile or connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games - Similar Threads - Can't profile connect

2. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  3. Xbox Series X Network Connected But Can't Sign In To Profiles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Network Connected But Can't Sign In To Profiles: Hi Team, This is one of the weirdest issue I've encountered. I am connected to the Xbox Network, Network tests from the console shows I'm connected. I updated a few games without signing into...
  4. Why can't I connect my profile to black ops 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I connect my profile to black ops 2: Whenever I click download new profile to add mine it keeps saying check network connection but my connection is running just fine and it won't let me add my profile can anyone help?...
  5. I'm on Xbox 360 and in getting an error "sorry, this profile can't connect to Xbox live on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm on Xbox 360 and in getting an error "sorry, this profile can't connect to Xbox live on...: Getting error on Xbox 360 sorry this profile can't sign in to Xbox live on this console to fix it download it again Do I have to do that and if I do will it get rid of my saves...
  6. Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...: This should work for almost every single case where you cannot download your Xbox 360 Profile. First of all I have more or less figured out that this is due to an IPv6 issue with the 360 File...
  7. Another issue of can't download 360 profile due to no connection. What's the deal with this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Another issue of can't download 360 profile due to no connection. What's the deal with this?: Series X will not allow 360 profile download, I am at my wits end. We upgraded to the series X for it's renowned supposed compatibility so we could maintain playability of our COD Zombie...
  8. Can't Connect to Internet On Xbox 360 Profile On Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Connect to Internet On Xbox 360 Profile On Xbox Series X: Basically over the last few months, everytime i play an Xbox 360 game on My series x it always says something like "Can't Sign into Live Please Check Connection" when i already have a connection....
  9. Sorry this profile can't connect to Xbox Live on this console. To fix it, download it again

in XBoX on Windows
    Sorry this profile can't connect to Xbox Live on this console. To fix it, download it again: Whenever I sign in to Xbox live on my Xbox 360 It takes me to a screen that requires me to log in, once I log in with my email and password it brings up the error message above. So how do I...
  10. Sorry, this profile can't connect to Xbox live on this console. To fix it, download it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sorry, this profile can't connect to Xbox live on this console. To fix it, download it...: I got this error when trying to play Black Ops 2 Zombies on my Xbox one. Does anyone know how to fix this error? Is anyone having the same problem? Please Help! 528e144d-1b37-4642-8c5f-a30e4d30062e