Can't see or hear the Xbox One with Denon receiver and Panasonic Viera tv

Discus and support Can't see or hear the Xbox One with Denon receiver and Panasonic Viera tv in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I've searched through the forums and also run around with google for a while now, but can't seem to find an answer to this. I've set up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PapaMikeCharlie, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Can't see or hear the Xbox One with Denon receiver and Panasonic Viera tv

Hi Everyone,

I've searched through the forums and also run around with google for a while now, but can't seem to find an answer to this.

I've set up my Xbox One (my first ever Xbox) running through a Denon AVR-1713 and Panasonic Viera television. Trouble is, when I try and run the console directly through the denon I can neither see or hear anything from it. I plugged it into the Game port
    of the Denon.

I then plugged it directly into the TV, HDMI 2 slot with optical audio out back to the Denon. Same result.

The only way I can get it to work is if I plug the Xbox directly into HDMI 1 on the television and have optical out. Trouble is, I have my TiVo and Western Digital media player also plugged into the Denon and they don't like being plugged into HDMI 2 on
    the television either.

I've tried the other ports on the TV but to no avail.

Has anyone got their Xbox working through the Denon, and if so, could you let me know your setup as I'm getting a wee bit frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

:)

PapaMikeCharlie, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Static on Xbox one home screen and menus

US region

8742HDC Cisco Mocha set top cable box connected to HDMI IN of Xbox One.

Xbox One HDMI OUT to my Denon AVR-1911 receiver.

Denon HDMI Monitor Out to a Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT50 (65") plasma.

The "static" only occurs when in the Xbox One Home screen or settings menus. Going to any full motion video source like TV and back to Home makes it go away quickly.

AtomicVariable, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Liquidemail
    Liquidemail Guest
    XB1/LiveTv works Great! but please add the following...

My Xbox Live Tv works great with the following:

Please add the following:

• Some way to start XB1 in TV Mode by default
    • Speed Up the IR blast, way to much wait time for each command ( or allow enter or manually setting wait time)

Liquidemail, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Reanim8ted
    Reanim8ted Guest

Hi I have a Pansonic Viera plasma 3DTV, (last year model) with a Denon AVR Amp I can't remember model numbers right now as I am not at home. The Denon amp is quite old and doesn't support HDMI. So I have the optical from the xb1 plugged into optical 3 on
    the Denon and assigned that to the VDP source on the. The HDMI from the xb1 is plugged into HDMI2 nothing extra configured all working very well

Reanim8ted, Jan 3, 2014
  5. I had the same issue when I hooked up my XBone to my Denon receiver and thought I had a bad HDMI cable. I went so far as to buy a new HDMI cable. Same result. I used a known to work HDMI cable...same result. I hooked it straight to the TV via HDMI and
    it worked perfectly.

With Denon receivers you have to navigate through the Menu and find where you assign inputs. I apologize, I can't recall the exact location in the Menu and I have a different model than you anyway. By default, the HDMI inputs are set so that they are not
    accepting any input. Most of the HDMI inputs also have components on the same "channel." Therefore you have to tell the receiver that GAME 1 is HDMI (as opposed to None or component). I switched the GAME 1 input from None to HDMI and problem solved.

Good lucked and keep flipping through that Menu. You'll find it.

OcR Chieftain, Jan 3, 2014
  6. Sounds like it could be the way to go OcR Chieftain. I'll give it a go.

I've had it working the last couple of days with the Xbone plugged into the GAME input on the Denon and the optical output from the Xbone plugged into the (one and only) optical input for the Denon. That seems to be working but it's a bit hit and miss.

With your suggestion it may be because the GAME input is set to optical perhaps. I'll have a go through the menu and see what it brings up Can't see or hear the Xbox One with Denon receiver and Panasonic Viera tv :)

Thanks for all the help guys.

PapaMikeCharlie, Oct 31, 2018
  7. AtomicVariable Win User

Static on Xbox one home screen and menus

US region

8742HDC Cisco Mocha set top cable box connected to HDMI IN of Xbox One.

Xbox One HDMI OUT to my Denon AVR-1911 receiver.

Denon HDMI Monitor Out to a Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT50 (65") plasma.

The "static" only occurs when in the Xbox One Home screen or settings menus. Going to any full motion video source like TV and back to Home makes it go away quickly.
  8. PapaMikeCharlie Win User

Sounds like it could be the way to go OcR Chieftain. I'll give it a go.

I've had it working the last couple of days with the Xbone plugged into the GAME input on the Denon and the optical output from the Xbone plugged into the (one and only) optical input for the Denon. That seems to be working but it's a bit hit and miss.

With your suggestion it may be because the GAME input is set to optical perhaps. I'll have a go through the menu and see what it brings up :)

Thanks for all the help guys.
  9. Reanim8ted Win User

Hi I have a Pansonic Viera plasma 3DTV, (last year model) with a Denon AVR Amp I can't remember model numbers right now as I am not at home. The Denon amp is quite old and doesn't support HDMI. So I have the optical from the xb1 plugged into optical 3 on
    the Denon and assigned that to the VDP source on the. The HDMI from the xb1 is plugged into HDMI2 nothing extra configured all working very well
  10. OcR Chieftain Win User

I had the same issue when I hooked up my XBone to my Denon receiver and thought I had a bad HDMI cable. I went so far as to buy a new HDMI cable. Same result. I used a known to work HDMI cable...same result. I hooked it straight to the TV via HDMI and
    it worked perfectly.

With Denon receivers you have to navigate through the Menu and find where you assign inputs. I apologize, I can't recall the exact location in the Menu and I have a different model than you anyway. By default, the HDMI inputs are set so that they are not
    accepting any input. Most of the HDMI inputs also have components on the same "channel." Therefore you have to tell the receiver that GAME 1 is HDMI (as opposed to None or component). I switched the GAME 1 input from None to HDMI and problem solved.

Good lucked and keep flipping through that Menu. You'll find it.
  11. OCRyzen Win User

Best Budget Gaming Monitors

Thema:

1. Can't see or hear the Xbox One with Denon receiver and Panasonic Viera tv - Similar Threads - Can't hear Denon

2. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  3. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  4. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  5. My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...: The issue started when I was gaming with some friends, and then around the time I was turning everything off, I noticed that I didn't have any audio. So I tried searching for guides and nothing...
  6. I can't hear anyone on Discord

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't hear anyone on Discord: When ever I connect to Discord either by Xbox or through the app, I do not hear anyone. I have gone through all the audio settings but nothing is working. It shows other people and my self...
  7. My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...: I tried every troubleshooting solution there I could find, I even tried the steps that were posted on a similar question to this, and none of it seems to work, my mic works on other devices but...
  8. People in my party can't hear me

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People in my party can't hear me: When I join/create a party I cannot hear my friends when they are talking and they cannot hear me when I talk. However, I can hear game chat and speak in game chat....
  9. I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.: Hello. I'm trying to use Xbox party chat on windows. When I have game bar open, the party works fine, but as soon as I exit game bar no one is able to hear me but I can still hear them. This makes...
  10. Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open: Since last weekend, unless the Game Bar is actively open, my friends can't hear me in the party chat, but I can hear them at all times though. I've tried reseting and repairing the Game Bar but...