Can’t scroll right or down in main menu…keeps jumping back to left

Discus and support Can’t scroll right or down in main menu…keeps jumping back to left in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox series S and for some reason my controller keeps moving to the left/up every time I try to move right or down on the main menu to choose... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jack Jones4, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Jack Jones4
    Jack Jones4 Guest

I have an Xbox series S and for some reason my controller keeps moving to the left/up every time I try to move right or down on the main menu to choose games. It can't be the controller because even with my other controller this still happens and when I was actually able to get into a game it worked fine.

Have turned off/on. Unplugged everything. Tried a reset and nothing seems to work.

How can I resolve this?

:)

Jack Jones4, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Jack Jones4 Win User

Thank you so much for taking the time to come back to me. I have tried this method a few times but unfortunately it has not resolved the issue.

The problem happens with both my wireless and wired controller, occasionally it works normally for a minute or two and then reverts back to the same problem.

Any other ideas?! Such a frustrating problem
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Jack, try to follow this procedures below.

I you have a USB cabe, try t follow the procedures bellow.

First remove the batteries from the controller and for 1 minute keep pressing all the buttons on the controller and moving the knobs.

After you're done, plug the USB cable controller into your console and turn it on.

Look for controller updates in the Xbox accessories part, if you have an update available, do it.

Then clear the cache on the console and check if the control has any updates to be made.

1. Go to the Xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds until it turns off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

After the console restarts and I'm at the console start screen, put the batteries back in the controller, remove the USB cable and see if it back to normal.
  4. FootLongFry Win User

Main Menu scrolls to the right?

the unplugging and plugging it back in worked! thanks
  5. Ronnieee Win User

That's awesome. Glad you got that working. Happy gaming!
  6. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, your fellow Xbox gamer.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help console problem.

Let's try doing a reset to see if this helps.

- Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds.

- Plug the power cord back in on another outlet.

- Press and hold the BIND button and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the BIND button for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.

Note: If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.

- You can release the BIND button after the second power-up tone.

- The console should start and show the Troubleshooting screen

- Choose "Reset this Xbox" and then "Keep games and apps".

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Can’t scroll right or down in main menu…keeps jumping back to left - Similar Threads - Can’t scroll right

2. For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?: Hello , i don’t know, but is it normal if, we have noticed with several clubs in the community that for more than a month no one has been able to invite people from active clubs to the convoy from...
  3. Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network: My game captures are not uploading to one drive and the xbox network and are stuck at 0%. I have tried restarting the console multiple times but it still does not work. My wifi is perfect and the...
  4. I can’t use my keyboard and mouse on my Xbox. I can only use it on my main account and not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t use my keyboard and mouse on my Xbox. I can only use it on my main account and not...: My keyboard and mouse are both from Logitech. 01e82728-4b2a-41f2-b31c-0936bcee96d0
  5. I can’t get the Xbox one s Logitech g920 steering wheel and pedals to work on burnout...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t get the Xbox one s Logitech g920 steering wheel and pedals to work on burnout...: I can’t get the Logitech g920 for Xbox one s to work on burnout paradise remastered on Xbox one s e1b84605-8d89-4c9d-a106-7df4388e16de
  6. For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks

in XBoX on Windows
    For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks: I’m updated to firmware version 5.17.3202.0 and have updated the Xbox accessories app and are updated on windows, is this only for the console version? I have a Xbox elite 2 controller and it...
  7. Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....: I’ve tried resetting my Xbox and hard turning it on and off. dfdb2707-7708-4ab8-9eff-c2cdcd990d69
  8. I can’t scroll up all the way to the top of my messages on Xbox.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t scroll up all the way to the top of my messages on Xbox.: Me and a friend of mine are trying to reminisce how we met, but as I try to scroll to the top of our messages, it gets buggy from only up to a few months ago. To be fair we met years ago but I...
  9. Accidentally unplugged my controller and now I can’t scroll down on anything. The controls...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally unplugged my controller and now I can’t scroll down on anything. The controls...: I was playing a game and my controller disconnected. I turned it back on and now my controller won’t let me scroll down and my character was stuck running in circles even when I wasn’t using my...
  10. Can’t join online with friends they have same Xbox yet it blanks when I scroll over join ,...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t join online with friends they have same Xbox yet it blanks when I scroll over join ,...: Really frustrating. I downloaded gta online for my Xbox series s . After I came to install it it came up with it won’t be comparable with your system. Anyway I then downloaded gta5 with online...