Can't run any games on PC game pass. Error: "Something went wrong launching your game....

Discus and support Can't run any games on PC game pass. Error: "Something went wrong launching your game.... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can't run any games on PC Game pass. Error: "Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: 0x80004005" I had no issues earlier but now all of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Akusan, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Akusan
    Akusan Guest

Can't run any games on PC game pass. Error: "Something went wrong launching your game....

Can't run any games on PC Game pass. Error: "Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: 0x80004005"

I had no issues earlier but now all of a sudden, I cannot run any of the games and keep getting this error. I tried following some answers online but still no success. I tried the following:

1. logging out and logging back in on Microsoft store and xbox app

2. restarting PC

3. repair or restart xbox and microsoft store app

:)

Akusan, Jan 20, 2023
  2. Akusan Win User

Can't run any games on PC game pass. Error: "Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: 0x80004005"

yes i migrated to windows 11 now.

Apparently it is a known issue and looks like it is resolved. So the issue was a Xbox app update. I should not just update right away, that was my mistake and stopped me from being able to game pass until they resolved the issue with the update
  3. Akusan Win User

Can't run any games on PC game pass. Error: "Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: 0x80004005"

I just did the instructions you provided but it still did not work.

I also tried installing windows 11, and now all games show a sad face and I can't play any of the game pass games.

What can I do to resolve this issue?
  4. Akusan Win User

5. Georges C. Win User

6. Georges C. Win User

You migrated from Windows 10 to 11 and did that happen?
Thema:

1. Can't run any games on PC game pass. Error: "Something went wrong launching your game.... - Similar Threads - Can't run games

2. I can't get the disc to run the game, how can I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't get the disc to run the game, how can I fix this?: Title is a bit of a lie I have the ultimate edition for fallout New Vegas on disc and I've been trying to install the DLC from the DLC disc but both discs only load up the game pass version of it...
  3. Why can't I run any game on Xbox Cloud? run any game on Xbox Cloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I run any game on Xbox Cloud? run any game on Xbox Cloud?: Split from this thread. I have the same problem. I have an Ultimate subscription but now can't play any Cloud games on any device. There clearly is a problem with Microsoft, but you are not...
  4. Why can't I run any game on Xbox Cloud? run any game on Xbox Cloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I run any game on Xbox Cloud? run any game on Xbox Cloud?: From Saturday (23/09/23) to this day i cant run any games on Xbox Cloud. I cant run paid games or free games, for example Fortnite. I will add that I have an active subscription ultimate. when I...
  5. I can't seem to run any games on the xbox pc app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't seem to run any games on the xbox pc app.: Everytime I do it it tells me to pick my account. I choose my account, however everytime it takes a moment saying "signing in" then only for it to show up with the same message over and over...
  6. I can't run games installed through the Microsoft Store and Xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't run games installed through the Microsoft Store and Xbox.: In the start menu there is a white bar under the icons of applications that were installed via ms-store and xbox [img] [img] I've already tried reinstalling Gaming Services and followed all the...
  7. Why can't my laptop run games such as Fortnite without stuttering?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my laptop run games such as Fortnite without stuttering?: Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.73 GB usable) My laptop is a DELL inspiron 5502 with a 512 SSD running on Windows 11. my laptop which I...
  8. My friend sent me a free trial of the xbox game pass and I can't run it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend sent me a free trial of the xbox game pass and I can't run it: It shows "Something went wrong. Try refreshing the page". I did refresh the page, but did not work 166835a6-629d-4373-a594-62405bcbb18e
  9. Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...: Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device error) As of about 3 months ago, I am no longer able to run any games on PC Game Pass. I have an active...
  10. Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...: Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device error) As of about 3 months ago, I am no longer able to run any games on PC Game Pass. I have an active...