Can't revert firmware on Xbox Wireless Controller 1914, firmware version 5.13.3143.0. Loss...

Discus and support Can't revert firmware on Xbox Wireless Controller 1914, firmware version 5.13.3143.0. Loss... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Exactly as the title suggests, my controller can't connect to my Windows 11 desktop over bluetooth. It will connect to an xbox one, and a Macbook air... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AustinBeauchamp, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Can't revert firmware on Xbox Wireless Controller 1914, firmware version 5.13.3143.0. Loss...

Exactly as the title suggests, my controller can't connect to my Windows 11 desktop over bluetooth. It will connect to an xbox one, and a Macbook air over bluetooth no problems.

There has been suggestions to revert the firmware using an xbox through the assist app, or on Windows using the accessories app (or xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true) HERE. However those seem to work for 17xx model controllers, not the newer 1914 model.

For the 1914 model, an error message appears: "this controller is already up to date."

Currently there is no fix for this, and the controllers are completely unusable via bluetooth with any Windows PC.

Does anyone have an answer, or is there an open bug ticket within the Windows/Xbox team trying to solve this?

I should also note that my brother bought the identical controller and bluetooth adapter as me, and his controller has been working perfectly fine. Only difference is that I updated my controller's firmware and he didn't.

:)

AustinBeauchamp, Jun 29, 2022
  2. AustinBeauchamp Win User

Can't revert firmware on Xbox Wireless Controller 1914, firmware version 5.13.3143.0. Loss of PC bluetooth functionality

Bluetooth flips between not recognizing the controller at all, and recognizing it but failing to connect. The above method doesn't work.

As I mentioned in the original post, attempting to roll back the firmware gives a popup:

"this controller is already up to date."

Even though I did a firmware update.

I promise you, this is a firmware issue. Something was broken in the latest update for 1914 model controllers. My brother has the exact same controller and bluetooth module and his works perfectly fine because he didn't update his firmware. My controller worked until I updated mine.

If there's some way you can submit a bug report to the firmware dev team, please do so. On Windows I can't find a way to report this problem directly to Microsoft.
  3. AustinBeauchamp Win User

Can't revert firmware on Xbox Wireless Controller 1914, firmware version 5.13.3143.0. Loss of PC bluetooth functionality

I've tried all of the above multiple times with no success.

At most, while windows is searching for bluetooth devices, the gamepad will come up being named "input" and when trying to connect it just fails and says "Try connecting your device again"
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Would you please try to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter?

Go to Start > Settings. Select Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters. Next to Bluetooth, select Run and follow the instructions.

If it still does not work, try to update the Bluetooth driver:

Select Search on the taskbar, search for Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.

In Device Manager, select Bluetooth, and then select the Bluetooth adapter name, which may include the word “radio.”

Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter, and then select Update driver > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select Close.

After installing the updated driver, select the Start button, select Power > Restart if you're prompted to restart, and then check whether that fixes the connection issue.

If it does not work or it shows your driver as updated, please try to uninstall the Bluetooth driver and install it again:

Select Search on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager from the results.

In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter name (which may include the word “radio”), and select Uninstall device > Uninstall.

Select Start, then select Power > Shut down.

After your device shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Windows will try to reinstall the driver.

If Windows doesn't reinstall the driver automatically, open Device Manager and select Action > Scan for hardware changes.

See if this helps and please let me know.
  5. AustinBeauchamp Win User

Thanks for the reply Lucas.

Unfortunately this does not work, as the firmware of the controller does not change. Uninstalling, rebooting, and reconnecting just leaves me right back where I started. Within device manager there's no option to roll-back the drivers as well.
  6. leathan Win User

Please someone help the OP with the original question..

We are suppose to see a dialog asking us if we are sure we want to revert our firmware.

We are absolutely sure this was a firmware specific induced bug which swapped out classic bluetooth for BLE. Please stop beating around the bush and help us downgrade our firmware. I regret updating so badly and I should have known better.
Thema:

Can't revert firmware on Xbox Wireless Controller 1914, firmware version 5.13.3143.0. Loss...

1. Can't revert firmware on Xbox Wireless Controller 1914, firmware version 5.13.3143.0. Loss... - Similar Threads - Can't revert firmware

2. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  3. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  4. Can't message

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't message: Can't message to other gamers 940583d9-eb4b-45d7-8ffe-8fff61521ad6
  5. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  6. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  7. My username has been changed, but I can't remember it, is there a way I can revert it back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My username has been changed, but I can't remember it, is there a way I can revert it back...: Hi, I don't know if it is me that changed it by accident or someone else, but my email address username has been changed, and I can't find it, or even remember changing it. I really need this...
  8. Xbox One Controller Model 1697 - Can't revert firmware?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Model 1697 - Can't revert firmware?: Hi, First, the controller worked fine until yesterday. I tried to connect the controller with the TP-Link UB500 Bluetooth adapter and after doing everything like: - Update the FW of the...
  9. I left the Xbox Insider Preview for XSX and can't get my system to revert to the normal build

in XboX Insiders
    I left the Xbox Insider Preview for XSX and can't get my system to revert to the normal build: RESOLVED: In case anyone else finds this post later on, it can apparently take up to 72 hours for your system to prompt an update to revert back to the standard live build. I have been running...
  10. Seriously? Can't revert to silver.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seriously? Can't revert to silver.: My gold just ran out and I just want to convert to silver but it won't even let me do that. Only options are "update payment information" or "play offline", you would assume "play offline" meant...