Can't reset outlook password. I get a 6 digit code. Outlook wants 7

Discus and support Can't reset outlook password. I get a 6 digit code. Outlook wants 7 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am locked out of my account, I have tried every possible way to get back in, but every time I try to reset my password, MS just sends me a 6 digit... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ak_982, Jan 12, 2023.

1. ak_982
    ak_982 Guest

I am locked out of my account, I have tried every possible way to get back in, but every time I try to reset my password, MS just sends me a 6 digit code, and when I try putting it in , outlook complains, saying it's wrong, and for me to "enter your 7 digit code". It doesn't matter which method of I use to have the code sent to me it's always wrong. Now I'm locked out because I've tried too many times.

:)

ak_982, Jan 12, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

as a player I can only let you know how the process works, and I'm glad it's been resolved, let's hope it doesn't happen again, and have a good night
  3. ak_982 Win User

Interesting. Today recovery email is getting a 7 digit code that works. I know for a fact it wasn't 2 days ago. Not sure what changed, but I'm in, and I'm going passwordless. Hopefully it won't happen again.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

If you're unable to reset your Outlook password and are receiving a 6-digit code instead of a 7-digit code, it's likely that there is an issue with the account or the recovery information associated with it. Here are a few things you can try to resolve this issue:

Double-check that you're entering the code correctly: Make sure that you're entering the code exactly as it was sent to you, including any spaces or special characters.

Check your email filters: Make sure that the email from Microsoft with the password reset code is not being filtered into your spam or junk mail folder.

Try another recovery method: If you're still unable to reset your password using the code, you can try using another recovery method. Microsoft provides multiple ways to reset your password, such as using your phone number, an alternate email address, or security questions.

Verify that your account is Active: There could be a case where your account is inactive and you are unable to reset the password. Make sure that your account is active and in good standing.
  5. IwanHughes Win User

Outlook sign in

Thanks for the quick reply! Ok ill have to reset my outlook password, thank you!
  6. SNG samR2 new acc Win User

can you guys help me?

is there any way you guys can reach me and tell me the outlook on the account and i can reset the password?
Thema:

1. Can't reset outlook password. I get a 6 digit code. Outlook wants 7 - Similar Threads - Can't reset outlook

2. Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!: Help! My games (gamepass & subscribed) were working earlier, then I tried playing this afternoon, and I was getting an error. So I tried removing all accounts, and try login in afterwards, and it...
  3. While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...: When trying to set up my new Xbox 1 s it cannot connect to the wifi. I've reset the console, unplugged the consoles power, and moved the wifi router closer. 4e8e39dd-8fcf-4a1c-81c7-17fa5a2d402e
  4. I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games: I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games, i need a password, it is a number, I don't have it, i have an Xbox 360. Please help? 04061981-01e3-426d-93f6-7d5aba6c1dc7
  5. I can't login into my microsoft account, I am stuck in an infite sign in loop, reset...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login into my microsoft account, I am stuck in an infite sign in loop, reset...: I tried logging into my Xbox profile a while ago and it wouldn't let me login, so I went to Microsoft and xbox.com and kept receiving a series of issues. It kept saying "There is a temporary...
  6. Can't get past the resetting troubleshooting screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get past the resetting troubleshooting screen: After troubleshooting my Xbox one s then resetting it, it will restart and it begins to say preparing console for a split second then I'm met with another something went wrong screen or it will...
  7. On the Xbox Console, we are sitting on the rock, can't move or reset.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox Console, we are sitting on the rock, can't move or reset.: Hi all, On the Xbox Console, we are sitting on the rock and can't move anymore. Please note that Anna options or Rewind's options won't work. I was reading some posts to reset the game with the...
  8. I can't find my Gamepass subscription after XBOX reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't find my Gamepass subscription after XBOX reset: I can't find my Gamepass subscription after XBOX reset HELP!!!!! 9df8d05f-91d4-429f-b02c-85b10c30b18e
  9. Can't find my gamepass subscription after XBOX Reset. It asked me to change my gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find my gamepass subscription after XBOX Reset. It asked me to change my gamertag: Can't find my gamepass subscription after XBOX Reset. It asked me to change my gamertag when I logged in on a different country 3444de75-63aa-41ab-bda8-9a1633e1ef92
  10. Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!: I recently set up two microsoft accounts specifically for our under 10 kids to play minecraft on the Switch. Of course since they (and I) don't log into their accounts after verifying on devices...