Can't remove or disassociate old Xbox Live account from email address

Discus and support Can't remove or disassociate old Xbox Live account from email address in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox 360 profile associated to my main email address but I've never used it. I want rid of it so I can associate my main xbox live gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShadyWarrior317, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Can't remove or disassociate old Xbox Live account from email address

I have an Xbox 360 profile associated to my main email address but I've never used it.

I want rid of it so I can associate my main xbox live gamertag to my main email address.

After chatting to support for half an hour the best suggestion they had was to close the email account to disassociate it.

Very poor! Can't believe there's no way to do this.

:)

ShadyWarrior317, Oct 20, 2017
  2. devilfrog
    devilfrog Guest
    email address association

How do I disassociate my email address from my xbox live account?

devilfrog, Oct 20, 2017
  3. 2 Xbox Live Accounts, Wanting to Deleted 1 and Change Email On The Other??

I have 2 Xbox Live accounts and BlockABoots, is the really old account and not used anymore BUT has my main email address attached to it, BlockABoots is my current active account but has a @passport.com email attached to it
    and so i cannot got email notifications about my Xbox Live account as @passport email address cant receive emails for some reason!??. I am wanting to remove this email address from the old Xbox Live account and use it for my current Xbox Live account (BlockABoots)
    and the completely delete my old xbox live account ()

How can i got about changing emails on Xbox Live accounts, im guessing i might have to make a new email address just for this purpose and change the email from my old xbox account () to this newly made up email account, and then that should
    free my main email address from the older xbox account () to use on my current xbox account (BlockABoots). Is this correct as i cant see an option to change email addresses at all?

CommendedFlyer2, Oct 20, 2017
  4. AridLizard Win User

Migrating Xbox Accounts

please note that if your email address is a Microsoft email (@live, @outlook, @hotmail, etc) it can't be removed from an Xbox account
  5. JSikora Win User

Two old email addresses linked to Gamer tag along with my current Windows ID

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, those are clear of the old email addresses that are being CC'd. They are not linked in any way, at least on my end, to my Xbox Live account. The only time the old emails get emailed is with Xbox Live purchase receipts or something
    like a notification of Xbox Live about to renew. Again, both of the emails once were the main email address of my Xbox Live account. I'm sure that has something to do with it. Just can't find the answer of how to get them removed.
  6. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Xbox account

If the email address on the account is a hotmail, live or outlook email and you remove it from the account after adding a new one, he's going to lose access to his email.

You can't separate the Xbox profile from the Microsoft account its' tied to. So don't be in a hurry to change out that email address.
  7. AridLizard Win User

Account set up

if your email address is a Microsoft email (@hotmail, @live, @outlook) then you wont be able to remove your account from the Xbox account.

removing Microsoft email accounts from Xbox accounts permanently deletes the email account and you will no longer be able to access it

all you can do is add an alias email address then promote that to be the main email address.
  8. XBF Ruben D Win User

Xbox account to other account

Hello Guardiola1980,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to this issue/question of wanting to transfer the Xbox account from one email address to another, does your email that is currently connected to the Xbox account have the domain of either @hotmail or @outlook?
    If yes to either one, then it won't be possible to remove the email address associated with the Xbox profile as that would delete the email address permanently.

If it ends with any other domain name such as @gmail, @yahoo, etc., then you should be able to add a new email to the associated account and then remove your email address thus disassociating your email address from the Xbox Account. For more information
    on how to do this please view this support article for Changing your Email Address.

You don't necessarily have to remove your email from the account you can just make your son's email the primary for the account and have your email address as a secondary email just in case.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
Thema:

Can't remove or disassociate old Xbox Live account from email address

1. Can't remove or disassociate old Xbox Live account from email address - Similar Threads - Can't remove disassociate

2. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  3. after the last update it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    after the last update it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it...: After the last update (yesterday) it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it added back. what can I do? ca422c93-026e-4f22-8bf2-8907cacab7ae
  4. I can't remove my daughter from my son's family group to add her to my own

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't remove my daughter from my son's family group to add her to my own: My son had apparently created a family group for his xbox account and added my daughter to it a few years ago. He has moved out and we want to move her to my own family group. I've tried two ways:...
  5. Can't remove follower?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't remove follower?: I remove unwanted followers by blocking and unblocking them but one stays no matter what. It began since I was on xbox one, now I use the series x and it's still there... so annoying.... how do I...
  6. My grandparents can't remove parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    My grandparents can't remove parental controls: I was trying to buy a gamepass earlier and my parental controls stopped me my grandparents tried buying it and it didn't work they want to remove the parental controls but they don't know how to...
  7. Can't remove child from family account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't remove child from family account: I am unable to remove my child from my family account. I know exactly where to go in the family account to right click and select "Remove from family group" it then indicates "Only the adult that...
  8. I can't remove my microsoft account from my ps5 account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't remove my microsoft account from my ps5 account: I have tried to sign in to my microsoft account but I apparently had put 2 step factor in and I'm trying to re-sign in but microsoft keeps giving me the run around about a xbox console but I don't...
  9. How do I remove unwanted moderating from developers, I can't connect to the chat or phone...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I remove unwanted moderating from developers, I can't connect to the chat or phone...: I am receiving communication and moderating from a developer or cast member of the farcy 4 game. This person has tryed to communicate walkthrough technique and has tryed a hijacking connection to...
  10. I can't remove 3 followers

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't remove 3 followers: I can't remove 3 followers who have me in their friend list, I also tried to block them but they won't delete me from their list. With others I was able to unsubscribe from their friends list but...