Can't remove my credit card info despite auto-renew turned off.

Discus and support Can't remove my credit card info despite auto-renew turned off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Read the support and I've got to say: this is utterly ridiculous. I want my credit card info removed from my Microsoft account. I do NOT like the fact... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jinxed Violynne, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Can't remove my credit card info despite auto-renew turned off.

Read the support and I've got to say: this is utterly ridiculous.

I want my credit card info removed from my Microsoft account. I do NOT like the fact Microsoft is pushing this "all platform" idiocy on us. I have ZERO trust my information is protected on every device Microsoft is throwing its "services" on. If my phone gets
    hacked, everything tied to my Microsoft account is vulnerable.

I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WAIT AN ENTIRE YEAR TO REMOVE IT!

This is a security concern I'm not happy with and I want my credit card info removed ASAP. You've got my user account. Get it done.

From now on, I'll be using Live or Microsoft store cards for purchases.

NONE OF THESE ALLOW ME TO TAKE OFF MY CREDIT CARD AS THEY ARE NOT RECOGNIZED AS VALID PAYMENT TYPES!

Isn't this Microsoft's payment system? How is it alternatives it sells aren't counted as payment types? Instead, they just "register" as "credits". UTTERLY RIDICULOUS.

:)

Jinxed Violynne, Sep 30, 2015
  2. Dargs
    Dargs Guest
    xbox live 12 month not working

I couldn't redeem the card either, getting XBOS-3014. I had to turn on auto-renew and update the credit card info, I then turned off auto-renew again and the prepaid card worked.

Dargs, Sep 30, 2015
  3. DVall23
    DVall23 Guest

hi its the same issue with me,but i deleted the credit card. What should I do?

DVall23, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

If you want to remove your card information immediately, you would have to contact support directly and have them cancel your subscription. Otherwise, you cannot remove a card while it is attached to an active gold subscription.

Smwutches, Sep 30, 2015
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Because currency doesnt count as a renewable payment option

No game system or online game allow currency to be used

Most systems have prepaid subscription cards or subscription with autorenewal as your membership options

Anything on the dashboard for subscriptions are subscriptions which by definition needs a renewable payment option

If you want pay as you go you will need to go prepaid membership

And find yournown deals

All dashboard promo subscriptions are renewal only

ngocphi, Sep 30, 2015
  6. XeroSum
    XeroSum Guest
    Use your web browser and go to account.microsoft.com/services

From there you can manually edit that information. Just sign in with your Microsoft passport and click on "change how you pay" on the far right hand side under "Xbox Live"

This is also the way you would cancel any 3rd party subscriptions, like EA Access and ESO Plus.

XeroSum, Oct 1, 2015
  7. XeroSum
    XeroSum Guest
  8. Can't remove my credit card info despite auto-renew turned off.

@smwutches: Thanks. Seems that's the only way it's going to have to be done. I'll give them a call once I add an Xbox store card to my account. I just can't believe it takes all these hoops just to remove a card that no longer has any subscriptions tied
    to it.

Jinxed Violynne, Oct 31, 2018
  9. This Is Th3 END Win User

How Do I Remmove MY Credit Card?

I'm having the same issue, just redeemed a 3 month gold prepaid card, auto renewal has been turned off on the website for my credit card yet I get a message saying it can't be removed because its set to auto renew, which as I said is turned off.
  10. Dargs Win User

I couldn't redeem the card either, getting XBOS-3014. I had to turn on auto-renew and update the credit card info, I then turned off auto-renew again and the prepaid card worked.
  11. onyxishere Win User

Need help

You can change your credit card/payment info at billing.microsoft.com. To turn off auto renewal, you would need to contact support at the link above if you can't turn it off yourself.
  12. DapperCrane Win User

Bad policy

You can turn off the auto renewal and remove the credit card in your account settings.
  13. Smwutches Win User

Managing Payments

You'll have to call support and have them turn off auto-renewal. Then once your subscription ends you can remove the credit card. A card can't be removed while it's attached to an active gold account.
Thema:

1. Can't remove my credit card info despite auto-renew turned off. - Similar Threads - Can't remove credit

2. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  3. after the last update it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    after the last update it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it...: After the last update (yesterday) it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it added back. what can I do? ca422c93-026e-4f22-8bf2-8907cacab7ae
  4. I can't remove my daughter from my son's family group to add her to my own

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't remove my daughter from my son's family group to add her to my own: My son had apparently created a family group for his xbox account and added my daughter to it a few years ago. He has moved out and we want to move her to my own family group. I've tried two ways:...
  5. Can't remove follower?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't remove follower?: I remove unwanted followers by blocking and unblocking them but one stays no matter what. It began since I was on xbox one, now I use the series x and it's still there... so annoying.... how do I...
  6. My grandparents can't remove parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    My grandparents can't remove parental controls: I was trying to buy a gamepass earlier and my parental controls stopped me my grandparents tried buying it and it didn't work they want to remove the parental controls but they don't know how to...
  7. Can't remove child from family account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't remove child from family account: I am unable to remove my child from my family account. I know exactly where to go in the family account to right click and select "Remove from family group" it then indicates "Only the adult that...
  8. I can't remove my microsoft account from my ps5 account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't remove my microsoft account from my ps5 account: I have tried to sign in to my microsoft account but I apparently had put 2 step factor in and I'm trying to re-sign in but microsoft keeps giving me the run around about a xbox console but I don't...
  9. How do I remove unwanted moderating from developers, I can't connect to the chat or phone...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I remove unwanted moderating from developers, I can't connect to the chat or phone...: I am receiving communication and moderating from a developer or cast member of the farcy 4 game. This person has tryed to communicate walkthrough technique and has tryed a hijacking connection to...
  10. I can't remove 3 followers

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't remove 3 followers: I can't remove 3 followers who have me in their friend list, I also tried to block them but they won't delete me from their list. With others I was able to unsubscribe from their friends list but...