Can't reinstall MSFS 2020 on Windows 10

Discus and support Can't reinstall MSFS 2020 on Windows 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was unable to launch MSFS 2020 standard edition, so I uninstalled it and tried to uninstall it in the XBOX app. I got the error message Something... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sandbender, Nov 9, 2021.

  1. sandbender
    sandbender Guest

    Can't reinstall MSFS 2020 on Windows 10


    I was unable to launch MSFS 2020 standard edition, so I uninstalled it and tried to uninstall it in the XBOX app. I got the error message Something Unexpected Happened and error code 0x00000001. There is a green banner across the top of the app, "Having trouble installing or launching games? Fix it now". I clicked on "Fix it now" and followed all the suggestions, except that "request a call" was unavailable. None of the suggestions helped

    :)
     
    sandbender, Nov 9, 2021
    #1
  2. sandbender Win User

    Can't reinstall MSFS 2020 on Windows 10

    Deleting the keys made no difference. I need to leave and will check back later today.
  3. sandbender Win User

    Can't reinstall MSFS 2020 on Windows 10

    On October 30, 2021, I tried downloading again, and it worked. After the download, I was able to launch MSFS 2020, reinstall all the updates, and fly.
  4. sandbender Win User

    Can't reinstall MSFS 2020 on Windows 10

    I already tried the steps above "If the above fails..."

    I tried using regedit to delete
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices and received the message "Cannot delete GamingServices. Error while deleting key."

    I didn't get to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNe but there is no such key. There is GamingServicesNet (notice the t at the end).

    Thanks for looking at this.
  5. sandbender Win User

    Can't reinstall MSFS 2020 on Windows 10

    I can't delete either registry key. Is there some special way I should have started regedit, like "Run as administrator" or something?
  6. Jesse E' Win User

    Can't reinstall MSFS 2020 on Windows 10

    No, it's correct. When you deleted the keys it made no difference?
Thema:

Can't reinstall MSFS 2020 on Windows 10

Loading...
  1. Can't reinstall MSFS 2020 on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't reinstall MSFS

  2. Can't see the "Claim digital license" option

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't see the "Claim digital license" option: I'm trying to claim the digital license for Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One) but the option isn't showing up. I'm on Preview Omega, and I just had an update today, showing up on latest but here's the...
  3. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...
  4. Alpha ring Can't play physical discs

    in XboX Insiders
    Alpha ring Can't play physical discs: Hey everyone. I haven't tried to play a physical game in a long while. However with the new disc to digital starting I wanted to try it out. When I put a disc in nothing happens. Literally...
  5. Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...

    in XboX Insiders
    Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...: I've noticed games diapering for a bit now and wanna know if it's happening to anyone else cause before it started happening I had like what 450 odd games earlier today I had 359 now it's at 360...
  6. Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...: Prior to the update a couple days ago, I could remote into my Xbox from work and play and install games. Since the update, if I remote to the Xbox, it no longer has an install button for games....
  7. Cloud gaming test, can't install game now

    in XboX Insiders
    Cloud gaming test, can't install game now: Alpha skip ahead. Ultimate subscription active. Pretty sure I have the update to test the new cloud gaming tier/feature. However, now when I try to install a game, the only option I have is to...
  8. Xbox app wouldn't work -- uninstalled -- can't reinstall

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app wouldn't work -- uninstalled -- can't reinstall: Getting an error message when trying to install xbox app on Windows 11 22H2 c10dd042-6aa7-44a4-a8de-03843f3290c3
  9. Why can't I reinstall FC24 on my Xbox One?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I reinstall FC24 on my Xbox One?: I tried to open FC24 but my Xbox One said it was corrupted and asked me to uninstall and reinstall the game. Whenever I try to install the game it immediately stops and shows this error code:...
  10. Can't reinstall digital game on xbox one

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't reinstall digital game on xbox one: Hello, I uninstalled a game (AC Valhalla) that i bought digitally on xbox one, but now I can't find it on my owned games. When I go to the Microsoft store it shows that i have to buy it again....