Can't reinstall Minecraft because I haven't paid for Game Pass even though I had previously...

Discus and support Can't reinstall Minecraft because I haven't paid for Game Pass even though I had previously... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was having issues with Minecraft crashing, so I went to uninstall, then reinstall hoping that it would solve the issue. Instead, every time I open... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ColorMePink, May 30, 2022.

1. ColorMePink
    ColorMePink Guest

Can't reinstall Minecraft because I haven't paid for Game Pass even though I had previously...

I was having issues with Minecraft crashing, so I went to uninstall, then reinstall hoping that it would solve the issue. Instead, every time I open the Minecraft Launcher Installer from the official Minecraft website I get greeted by a popup that says "Looks like you need to renew Gold. If your subscription is current, try quitting and relaunching the game." I had used Game pass a few months back for the first time and have never once played Minecraft off of it, always the one I have bought years ago, back when I got my first ever email specifically to play Minecraft (I haven't gotten my accounts confused).

I was going to go to my Microsoft account to see my purchase history for Minecraft to prove that I had indeed purchased the game, and own it, but Microsoft claims I have never made a single purchase. This honestly makes me disappointed in Microsoft, people have been having these issues for a few years now and they haven't provided a reliable solution. All I want is to get access to the game I own, or at the very least find my purchase records to personally contact somebody and receive a refund.

:)

ColorMePink, May 30, 2022
  2. ColorMePink Win User

Can't reinstall Minecraft because I haven't paid for Game Pass even though I had previously bought Minecraft years before using Game Pass.

After digging through my Email, I have found the order receipt for my purchase of the game. Again, It was purchased on the same account that still shows that I have never made a purchase, under "Order History" on the Microsoft site. I now have access to my order ID and transaction ID. From here I can get my copy of the game up and in order on my own.

Microsoft, please fix this issue, if I had deleted that email of my receipt, I believe that there would have been no possible way for me to prove my purchase due to the clearly faulty order history records.

To anyone having the same issue, this is my best solution for you, and good luck.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Can't reinstall Minecraft because I haven't paid for Game Pass even though I had previously bought Minecraft years before using Game Pass.

Hi there! This is Ronnie, your fellow Xbox gamer.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your Minecraft issue.

This is indeed a problem with the license of the game and as I can see that you already checked the order history and shows no purchase of the game. This is definitely the reason why you are not able to play the game or install it because the account does not have it.

Your orders from the history will not be removed as it will always remain there for as long as it was purchased on that account.

One possible reason that this is not showing up there is you might be logged in to a different account when you made that purchase for the game.

Try to check other accounts and see if you can find it somewhere but I am sure that order will never be removed even for a long time purchase.

Hope that helps.
  4. Ronnieee Win User

Please make sure you are logged into the correct account.

Try to check other accounts and see if you can find it somewhere but I am sure that order will never be removed even for a long time purchase.
  5. AntiFalx Win User

Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

I can't even install the game via XBOX app, because I dont have "Game Pass"...But i had purchased minecraft...
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

I can't play games that I own because it says I need game pass even though I haven't had it for months

Hello Haz,

Thanks for coming to the forums. You will need to request a call from support and go over this with them as they will be the ones to assist you in this situation.

When you go to Contact Us, follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----click on Contact us
    • Step 2 ----under what you having trouble with select Subscriptions & billing
    • Step 3-----under what is the issue I can't redeem a code then hit next

Step 4 ----scroll down to select request a call

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Can't reinstall Minecraft because I haven't paid for Game Pass even though I had previously... - Similar Threads - Can't reinstall Minecraft

2. Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.: Hi, operating on Windows 11 and I used to play SOT 1-2 years ago through Steam and now I'm getting the "You must be signed in to the Xbox network to play Sea of Thieves. Please sign in and try...
  3. When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...: When I try to make a group post for Minecraft it says, "Let's keep it clean - remove inappropriate content, then try posting again." I can't find out what it is that makes my post inappropriate....
  4. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  5. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  6. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  7. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  8. Xbox app wouldn't work -- uninstalled -- can't reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app wouldn't work -- uninstalled -- can't reinstall: Getting an error message when trying to install xbox app on Windows 11 22H2 c10dd042-6aa7-44a4-a8de-03843f3290c3
  9. Why can't I reinstall FC24 on my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I reinstall FC24 on my Xbox One?: I tried to open FC24 but my Xbox One said it was corrupted and asked me to uninstall and reinstall the game. Whenever I try to install the game it immediately stops and shows this error code:...
  10. Can't reinstall digital game on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't reinstall digital game on xbox one: Hello, I uninstalled a game (AC Valhalla) that i bought digitally on xbox one, but now I can't find it on my owned games. When I go to the Microsoft store it shows that i have to buy it again....