Can’t reinstall games after factory reset

Discus and support Can’t reinstall games after factory reset in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently did a factory reset on my Xbox one. I tried to reinstall one of my games. It doesn’t give me the option ready to play and it doesn’t show... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ryder hewlett, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Can’t reinstall games after factory reset

I recently did a factory reset on my Xbox one. I tried to reinstall one of my games. It doesn’t give me the option ready to play and it doesn’t show that it’s in my library but when I go to manage the game, it says I have the info. I tried uninstalling and getting it back and it’s still not working. How can I get my game progress back?

:)

Ryder hewlett, Feb 4, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Try clearing the cache on your Xbox One and then reinstalling the game. To clear the cache:

Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off.

Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 2 minutes.

Plug the power cord back in and turn the Xbox One back on.

If clearing the cache doesn't help, try signing out and back into your Xbox Live account, or check if the game has any available updates.
  3. onyxishere Win User

Can’t delete and reinstall the game/reset to factory default

Sorry to hear it. Try holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down. If that doesn't work then unplug all wires from the console and let it sit for a minimum of 5 minutes to see if that helps out.
  4. Miku Sakuya Win User

Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes

Ya try hard resetting or factory resetting the console though sadly after a factory reset you'll have to reinstall games that were on it to but hope it works
  5. bloodbringer16 Win User

Can't access anything

Hi there

Your probably going to have to factory reset the console. When you factory reset click the option to keep games and apps so you don't have to reinstall all of them after it has reset
  6. ttv.Xlsayer5260 Win User

What's wrong with my Xbox?

Should I reinstall after or before the factory reset?
Thema:

1. Can’t reinstall games after factory reset - Similar Threads - Can’t reinstall games

2. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  3. How to fix can’t connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can’t connect to xbox live: Hello I cant play black ops 2 because it says can’t connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot your connection but I have connection on my xbox series s please help...
  4. Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere: I have been trying to update Fortnite on my Xbox one for probably a month now all with no luck. Every single other game I have has had no issue at all updating. I do have an external storage I use...
  5. I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.: Hello, I can't open anything on my xbox if I click a it notices it but it does nothing, I’ve tried to press down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, reconnected power source waited 10...
  6. Can’t receive my emails

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t receive my emails: hello the reason why I’m sending a message is that A while back I tried to login to my Microsoft account but It told me that I was supposed to verify it was me by sending a security code but I...
  7. I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what: So I’ve got the original black Xbox 1 and the pairing button on the side hasn’t worked idk why just one day it stopped but my controllers would still connect so whatever then my controllers just...
  8. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  9. Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines: My mate got into an argument with a kid, I intervened to get the kid to stop, the kid decided to call my mate a “bum buddy” i responded in a less appropriate manor which I admit wasn’t right, the...
  10. Can’t claim my items included with my series S

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t claim my items included with my series S: Trying to redeem my items included with my new console But when i try to redeem it in Account>included with this xbox console It says “ Available - Included with this device” I try to claim...