Can’t regain access through account recovery.

Discus and support Can’t regain access through account recovery. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The other day I tried logging into my account on my Xbox and was met with a message saying I could not sign in until I sent a code to my phone number,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by John W Osborne, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Can’t regain access through account recovery.

The other day I tried logging into my account on my Xbox and was met with a message saying I could not sign in until I sent a code to my phone number, problem is I got a new phone with a new number a couple months ago and don’t have that phone number.

After I clicked the option saying I no longer have this number, it told me to go online and fill out an account recovery form, I have now filled out this form 6 times and every time within a few minutes I get a new email saying that i did not provide enough information for the automated software to determine it is me. I gave all the information I have but I I have not sent any emails and don’t have any other passwords associated with the account.

:)

John W Osborne, Nov 8, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this John

Sorry to hear that your account recovery form is not approved

When that happens and according to the article below, these are your options:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

"If your Microsoft account recovery request wasn't granted, you can keep trying as many times as you want, up to two times per day.

We recommend that you review the guidance for filling out the recovery form (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...) before trying the form again.

If you are unable to use the form because you don't recognize the additional account security information, try our online Sign-In Helper"
  3. John W Osborne Win User

Yea I’m still sitting here a month later without access to my account, I have tried the account recovery countless times all of which end in the same way, “unfortunately our automated says there isn’t enough info” I have literally no more info to give, I’ve tried countless times with countless different cards and everything else. Frankly I don’t understand why this has to be so difficult and I’ve had this account since I originally created it back on the w box 360 like 10 years ago. I don’t understand how I have access to my gmail linked to the account yet they can’t just send a password reset to it, this is a very frustrating system and to be honest there are many different and better account recoveries out there apposed to the crappy one Microsoft decides to use.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I remain at your disposal if you have further questions
  5. Miss Kleo Win User

getting rid of parent account

Hey there ubsX! I'm sorry about the frustration here but I'm afraid if you've been through the steps to try and regain access to your account with phone support I'm not sure we'll be able to assist you further.

In order to regain access to the parent account you'll need to provide enough information on our
    Account Recovery Form. Fill that out and you'll receive a response via email in 24 hours! Let us know how it goes. :)
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

for some reason im not giving enough evidence to recover my email so is there any way to change my email for my xbox profile

Hello irnbrusteve, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your recovery.

I'm afraid that the recovery option is the only available one to try and get back into your account. I once lost access to one of my accounts and it took me over 6 months of trying before I was able to regain access.
Thema:

1. Can’t regain access through account recovery. - Similar Threads - Can’t regain access

2. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  3. Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games: I’ve been seeing people with this problem as well where you can’t sign into xbox live on 360 making you not be able to play anything online. Any video I find to help either requires me to delete...
  4. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  5. Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet: So recently my Xbox 360 started to act weird ever since I unplugged it a couple days ago. I’ve recently reconnected it but ever since then I haven’t been able to connect to Xbox live. I’ve seen...
  6. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  7. How to fix can’t connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can’t connect to xbox live: Hello I cant play black ops 2 because it says can’t connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot your connection but I have connection on my xbox series s please help...
  8. Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere: I have been trying to update Fortnite on my Xbox one for probably a month now all with no luck. Every single other game I have has had no issue at all updating. I do have an external storage I use...
  9. I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.: Hello, I can't open anything on my xbox if I click a it notices it but it does nothing, I’ve tried to press down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, reconnected power source waited 10...
  10. Can’t receive my emails

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t receive my emails: hello the reason why I’m sending a message is that A while back I tried to login to my Microsoft account but It told me that I was supposed to verify it was me by sending a security code but I...