Can´t redeem xbox gamepass gift code - Regional differences

Discus and support Can´t redeem xbox gamepass gift code - Regional differences in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Good Day I have been trying to get in contact by email on the xbox site but only found automated troubleshooting steps that can´t help me, and live... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jnuno82, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Jnuno82
    Jnuno82 Guest

Good Day

I have been trying to get in contact by email on the xbox site but only found automated troubleshooting steps that can´t help me, and live chat is always unavailable.

Just over a month ago I bought this 3month subscription code as a gift to my brother but it wouldn´t load because of regional differences.

We tried to match regions on both consoles (series X) and it wouldn´t work either.

Then I did the same on my own console where I bought the gift code from and it did not work either. How does that make sense? How can the origin not match? Is it related to the bank card region, since we live in Mozambique? We are associated with South Africa since it´s our neighbor country... As you might already know, there´s no Mozambique region option to choose...

We wish to make use of the subscription, either me or my brother since it's too late for a refund... And that I actually spent real money on it, and it's just there... Unused...

The order was bought last Xmass.

Hope you can help me with this.

Kind regards

JN

:)

Jnuno82, Jan 28, 2023
  2. Jnuno82 Win User

Hello George

It´s gamepass ultimate. I tried redeeming on my brother´s account (giftee) and it didn load.

Tried on mine after my subscription ended today and same outcome.

And yes I purchased this gift on the same region, same console, same bank card I pay for my gamepass ultimate subscrition that I´ve had for a while. I tried redeeming after matching the region I had on when I bought the gift code (english US), and also setting it to South Africa...
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Jnuno82, you mention that you bought a subscription and it gives region error, would it be Game Pass Ultimate or Live Gold?

Do you already have an active subscription on your account?

Is the 3 month card you purchased from the same region where you and your account are located?
  4. Rostom L Win User

I can't redeem the code that my other region friend send me.

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Since you're on a different region, it's not possible for you to redeem the gift code in your location because it came from another region. Gift cards or gift codes have geo-restriction and can only be redeemed to the same region where it was originating.

Learn more about it here: https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-bil...
  5. XBF George L Win User

gift uit andere region ontvangen [Translation - Gift from other region received ]

Hello!

Gifts are set up by region and will not be redeemable if it was purchased from a different region. Changing consoles region to another region falsely will not change the outcome. The only option would be to have the person that purchased the gift to attempt
    to reverse the purchase of the gift as the code will not be able to be redeemed in a different region. Refund Webform

Hope this helps.
  6. Pierce H. Win User

Xbox Game Pass Card

Hello!

Welcome to the Microsoft Answers Community, a community sourced forum for answers and discussions. Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Xbox Gamepass code, here's some common issues with codes to check for.

1. Check that your code is 25 characters long.

2. You are redeeming your code at www.microsoft.com/redeem.

3. The code you purchased is for the wrong region. Codes can only be redeemed in the region they were purchased. If you purchased a second hand code online, there is a chance it was from a different region. Its always recommended to purchase codes from Microsoft directly or an authorized retail location.

4. It may be a Gamepass promotional code for new users only. If you used Gamepass previously either through a free trial, similar code, or previous purchase you may not be eligible to use the code. Check instructions carefully for conditions like this.

If you continue to have an issue with your code, you will need to contact Xbox Support for assistance. This page will showcase additional troubleshooting steps and a Contact Us button on the right side of the page for additional help.

Get help with a digital code or gift card (Xbox Support)

I hope this answers your question! If it did, let us know by marking this answer as the solution to help others! If you have more questions related to this, feel free to reply to this post.

Have a great day,

Thema:

1. Can´t redeem xbox gamepass gift code - Regional differences - Similar Threads - Can´t redeem gamepass

2. I can t redeem code în my region(Germany) even i bought code for Europe. How can I redeem it?

in XBoX on Windows
    I can t redeem code în my region(Germany) even i bought code for Europe. How can I redeem it?: I bought one code, but i can't redeem it in my region(Germany) even i bought it for Europe. How can i redeem it? fa716330-feaf-42e8-b4a7-647e11580acf
  3. can`t redeem microsoft points (https://imgur.com/a/KbEkquW)! once i click microsoft rewards...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can`t redeem microsoft points (https://imgur.com/a/KbEkquW)! once i click microsoft rewards...: sorry the screenshot doesn`t want to upload but here`s a link https://imgur.com/a/KbEkquW 6419494d-25dd-4c7c-86d7-6c88e3494ddc
  4. I can´t redeem Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can´t redeem Minecraft Java Edition: I believe that from now on you can claim a edition of Minecraft if you have the other one. In my case I have Minecraft Bedrock Edition and I want to get the Java Edition, but when I go to the...
  5. I can t redeem my Xbox ultimate code

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can t redeem my Xbox ultimate code: [img] Hello! I redeem a code for xbox ultimate game pass, a 1 month code and i get this message. I have to mention that is the second time a bought a code today, i lost money and is not working...
  6. I can´t redeem an game code

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can´t redeem an game code: Hello my xbox fried sent me a code for cuphead on the xbox one via the store but the code aint working he paid 20 dollars for the game and the code din´t work,one thing to adress is that he lives...
  7. Why can´t ny friend redeem a code for Destint 2 dlc that I bought him?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can´t ny friend redeem a code for Destint 2 dlc that I bought him?: Why can´t ny friend redeem a code for Destint 2 dlc that I bought him? 3ae4139c-1eb7-4e30-931a-4d9a89e4c206
  8. Can´t download game after redeem code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can´t download game after redeem code: Hi there, I just inserted my code via "xbox.com/redeemcode" and got the message "your game is now available at the store". But in the store I can´t find it for download or gaming. By trying to...
  9. Can´t redeem Gears of war 3 code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can´t redeem Gears of war 3 code: Hi! I´m from Estonia. I bought Gears of war 4 were is bonus games also. Bonus games are: Gears of war 1-3 and Gears of war judgement. I can redeem Gears of war 2 and Gears of war judgement but i...
  10. I can´t redeem prepaid code on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can´t redeem prepaid code on xbox one: I can´t redeem the code, i receive a message (An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later) I Bought by Amazon.com the code but no accept, i try for console, PC and...