Can't redeem purchased XBox Live Gold membership codes

Discus and support Can't redeem purchased XBox Live Gold membership codes in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am trying to vent some frustration with dealing with the Customer Support. Basically, I purchased Qty. 2 XBox Live Gold membership redeemable codes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by cvcduty, Apr 27, 2022.

1. cvcduty
    cvcduty Guest

I am trying to vent some frustration with dealing with the Customer Support.

Basically, I purchased Qty. 2 XBox Live Gold membership redeemable codes a while back (7/24/2019) through a promo deal.

A few months after I purchased these 12 month Live Gold codes, I upgraded my Live Gold membership to the Game Pass membership.

At this point I called Xbox support to find out what my options for the 2 unredeemed Xbox Live Gold codes were.

I talked to a Xbox support agent and was told that the conversion rate at the time for these codes were 1 (or maybe 3???) month of Game Pass.

I wasn't sure if I wanted this conversion rate so I asked if I can extend my Live Gold at the full 12 months rate that the codes were good for.

I was then told that I would have to wait until my Game Pass membership expired to redeem the Live Gold codes. At no point it was mentioned that these codes would expire. So the agent actually told me to wait until 4/26/2022 to redeem the codes for the Live Gold at full face value. So I put this date in my calendar as a reminder.

Fast forward a bit and my Game pass expired yesterday (4/25/2022) and today, I tried to redeem my Live Gold codes as I was instructed to do by the Xbox support agent only to find out that the codes have now expired and cannot be redeemed to extend my Live Gold Membership.

I spoke to an agent today regarding this, and she kept repeating the "policy" that an expired code cannot be redeemed and can not be replaced.

Even though it was a Xbox support agent that instructed me to wait until my Game Pass membership expired (4.25.2022) to redeem the Live Gold membership the only thing she kept repeating was the "policy". She also offered an apology on behalf of the agent that "failed to tell me that these codes expired" and had also told me to wait until today to redeem them. WTH!!!

I asked to be transferred to a Supervisor or a manager with some sort of authority to assist in helping with this issue and she kept saying that will not help. She basically told me that I had no options and no one will care to help. This really stinks and not right. I asked her to pass me to her supervisor and she informed me that he was not available, When I stressed that I wished to talk to the management team, she finally took my number to "pass it on". Now it's almost 8 hours later and no one has attempted to contact me regarding this.

This is not a level of support and customer care I expected... not even close.

:)

cvcduty, Apr 27, 2022
  2. Mister Quimby Win User

Ryse code never received

Hey there PissySugahPuffs!

Just to clarify, did you purchase an Xbox Live Gold membership through the Dashboard promotion on your console? Or did you redeem a pre-paid Xbox Live membership? If you redeemed a pre-paid code, you will not qualify for this offer. In order for you to qualify
    for this offer, you would have needed to purchase an Xbox Live Gold membership directly through the promotion on your console. Thanks!
  3. Mister Quimby Win User

Given the wrong amount for the $5/$10/$15 Promotional Gift Card

Hey there Meeester Bung69!

Just to clarify, did you purchase a 3 month Xbox Live Gold membership through the dashboard offer on your console? Or did you redeem a pre-paid code? In order for you to qualify for this offer you would have needed to purchase an Xbox Live Gold membership
    through the promotion on your console. Redeeming a pre-paid code will not qualify for this promotion.
  4. Legends Future Win User

Wrong DOB

What I think he's referring to is that he redeem code, however you can't play on Xbox Live. Did you redeem the code on Xbox.com? If yes, it takes a few hours for the gold membership to activate on your account
  5. INSOLENT JIM Win User

redeem code not loading

I can't redeem any codes! I work hard for my money. I purchased an Xbox One, bought a card for a 3 month Xbox Live Gold Membership, & $15 card. None of the codes work when typed in. I tried the error code into their error code search & nothing worked!
  6. II_Of_Seven Win User

Xbox live gold 14 days trail

Hi.

Xbox Live trial memberships can only be redeemed if you do not have an existing Xbox Live Gold membership. You can redeem a trial code once your current membership has expired.
Thema:

1. Can't redeem purchased XBox Live Gold membership codes - Similar Threads - Can't redeem purchased

2. i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it: i have got a Xbox gift card it won't redeem 8f77ffb3-395b-4b97-9dfc-4f450ab0b061
  3. Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card: I tried redeeming a game pass core 1 month gift card and I can't redeem it. It says that I'm one step closer and to use any payment method for auto renewal. I always use the account balance for it...
  4. I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.: Hello I sent payment for Powerwash DLC to my friend so that he would send dlc as gift codes to me. But, they don't work due to geo restriction. Can you help me redeem this codes for my account:...
  5. Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number: First of all, I'm being sent around in circles on this topic now. I've contacted both Microsoft and Xbox support with both telling me to contact the other as they will know the best way to deal...
  6. i can't find the option to redeem xbox gift cards

in XBoX on Windows
    i can't find the option to redeem xbox gift cards: i want an Xbox gift card to get minecraft but the only options I have to redeem are Roblox, Overwatch, Diablo VI, sea of thieves and organizations to donate. I don't even have the option to...
  7. Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...: [img] [img] I bought a 25 dollar gift card and redeemed it in the store then I wanted to get my self some ea fc points but the option to buy with Microsoft account balance didn't show up its been...
  8. This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account.: My friend gifted me Minecraft. This error occurred, although we both have the same region - Kyrgyzstan ade443a1-5757-4190-a912-0c74ed40b0e1
  9. I can't redeem code because it was purchased in a different region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't redeem code because it was purchased in a different region: I bought a game and received a code but when I try to redeem it it says that I can't because it was purchased in another region. I purchased another one from the same spot and it worked just fine....
  10. "this code can't be redeemed. it was purchased in a different region from your account"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "this code can't be redeemed. it was purchased in a different region from your account": i bought my friend minecraft and sent it through email, when she tried redeeming the code it said it was bought in a different region, can you not redeem codes bought in other countries? if not is...