Can't redeem Minecoins - get message: PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent

Discus and support Can't redeem Minecoins - get message: PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased 2x 3000 minecoin gift cards from a partner reseller for my son's account. The first card redeems fine using http://redeem.microsoft.com... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ebob9, Jan 7, 2023.

1. ebob9
    ebob9 Guest

I purchased 2x 3000 minecoin gift cards from a partner reseller for my son's account.

The first card redeems fine using http://redeem.microsoft.com (signed into the correct account.)

The second card throws the following error:

PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent

I noticed a similar problem here, without resolution:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...sage-pur/dabbef9a-4650-4a16-9134-1a4469910373

These are not unique content, they should be able to be used more than once. Please help!

:)

ebob9, Jan 7, 2023
  2. ebob9 Win User

I was able to figure out the solution!

For anyone else who has purchased and tried to redeem multiple of the same Minecoin denomination gift cards to an account, do the following:

1. For Minecoins and Minecraft, redeem the first code. It should redeem successfully.
    2. This seems to put the redemption in a "waiting to be delivered state." This is what prevents the 2nd code from working.
    3. On the account receiving the Minecoins, log into Minecraft and go to the store.
    4. Ensure that the new coins have been delivered/received.
    5. Once the first code of coins has been delivered/received into the account, you can now redeem another code!
    Hope this helps others looking for this issue! It seems you just need to deliver/get the coins on the account before you can redeem another "same" code/denomination to the same account.

This should be really be documented in the FAQ!
  3. Anthony Molzahn Win User

Ok thank you. I saw another thread posted with a similar issue along the same thread lines and it was resolved without being answered. Now I know why.
  4. Anthony Molzahn Win User

Also, the answer is that you can only redeem one coupon/code of the same type per day.
  5. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Hello Anthony,

Nilay here and I'm glad to answer your query today.

This is the Xbox console troubleshooting community. We don't have any information on purchase, refunds, returns or codes.

Thank you
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Can't redeem Minecoins - get message: PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent mJMM2t5WG0SEGV1X.30.37

If here you received this message means that what you have purchased it's a one time purchase only, but you can only confirm this trough Xbox support
Thema:

1. Can't redeem Minecoins - get message: PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent - Similar Threads - Can't redeem Minecoins

2. i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it: i have got a Xbox gift card it won't redeem 8f77ffb3-395b-4b97-9dfc-4f450ab0b061
  3. Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card: I tried redeeming a game pass core 1 month gift card and I can't redeem it. It says that I'm one step closer and to use any payment method for auto renewal. I always use the account balance for it...
  4. I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.: Hello I sent payment for Powerwash DLC to my friend so that he would send dlc as gift codes to me. But, they don't work due to geo restriction. Can you help me redeem this codes for my account:...
  5. Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number: First of all, I'm being sent around in circles on this topic now. I've contacted both Microsoft and Xbox support with both telling me to contact the other as they will know the best way to deal...
  6. i can't find the option to redeem xbox gift cards

in XBoX on Windows
    i can't find the option to redeem xbox gift cards: i want an Xbox gift card to get minecraft but the only options I have to redeem are Roblox, Overwatch, Diablo VI, sea of thieves and organizations to donate. I don't even have the option to...
  7. Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...: [img] [img] I bought a 25 dollar gift card and redeemed it in the store then I wanted to get my self some ea fc points but the option to buy with Microsoft account balance didn't show up its been...
  8. Why can't I redeem my points

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I redeem my points: My points [Mod Removed - Profanity] I can't redeem nothing haven't had a problem before e6edcb2b-2356-420b-b332-ed1b35914c13
  9. I have a Minecraft minecoin gift card but I can't redeem it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a Minecraft minecoin gift card but I can't redeem it.: I have the Minecraft gift card but I don't have any receipts. I was not given one when I bought one and I can't get one l. What do I do? 5a1a8e8d-5697-4262-b697-a8c6bacf386f
  10. Can't redeem Minecoins - get message: PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem Minecoins - get message: PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent: It appears there are other threads where this issue took place and, unfortunately, those issues were not resolved. I received 3 sets of minecoins of 350 apiece and the first two went through no...