cant re-install gaming services

Discus and support cant re-install gaming services in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; so yesterday i got 2 months of xbox gamepass ultimate but when i got home from school today, i couldnt launch any of the gamepass games i had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by clumsyhungry, Jul 2, 2022.

1. clumsyhungry
    clumsyhungry Guest

so yesterday i got 2 months of xbox gamepass ultimate but when i got home from school today, i couldnt launch any of the gamepass games i had installed, so i saw something saying i need to unninstall and re-install gaming services but i couldnt re-install it or re-download any of the games i had tried to uninstall and re-install , i have tried EVERYTHING but nothing has worked, to anybody who has had this problem, what has fixed it for you? i am desperate.

Also i am on windows 10

:)

clumsyhungry, Jul 2, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Would you please share a screenshot or tell me the error code you receive when trying to download Hollow Knight?

About the Doom issue (closing before starting), please try to install Microsoft Visual C++ programs. Download a fresh copy of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime from here and then install it:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/cpp/windows/latest-s...

Make sure you download the correct version of it (x86 or x64). Restart your computer after the installation.

Also, please download and install the .NET Framework Runtime :
    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=2085155

Also restart your computer after the installation.

The last recommended download is the DirectX Runtime:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/detail...

Restart your computer and try to run Doom again. Let me know how it goes.
  3. clumsyhungry Win User

wait i didnt do it but its working now so far, i can download things like doom and astroneer and run them fine, i think it has been fixed

thanks dude youre a legend

edit: i just launched doom and it closes it before it loads
  4. clumsyhungry Win User

Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

this part has an error i think because when i enter it it says this:

[​IMG]
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

The error code above is for gaming services. You will need to try to reinstall it again, my friend. Please follow my steps in the first reply (without running the Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} command, but running the other one right below it).

Make sure the Xbox app is closed when you run it.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Do you receive any error message?

And would you please test it with other games to see if this is happening only with Doom or other games too if possible?
Thema:

1. cant re-install gaming services - Similar Threads - cant install gaming

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  4. Cant install forza 4 with game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install forza 4 with game pass.: Im using windows 10. im trying to install forza 4 but it is giving me 0x803f8007 error. This issue is only with this game. Please let me know any fixes. bd82c78e-1998-4835-83bc-ec6f67d55fa7
  5. Cant install Game Services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install Game Services: Im trying to install game services on my Acre 5 windows 11 laptop, every time I try to install it is states there has been an Error on the MS store page, I have done the Powershell stuff, turned...
  6. Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005: my games will download all the way until the end, when its about to finish I get an error , I try to restart and get the same thing every time. 5218a110-5124-4741-a1f4-fd146c0771b1
  7. i cant install any games from the xbox game pass on my pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant install any games from the xbox game pass on my pc.: i have been having this problem for a very long time. back when halo infinite first came out. i can not install any games that are on the game pass. i can only install them if i actually buy...
  8. HELPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CANT INSTALL GAMING SERVICES AND I CANT PLAY...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CANT INSTALL GAMING SERVICES AND I CANT PLAY...: Ok so when I try installing minecraft and gaming services aswell BUT here is the problem THIS STUPID ANNOYING ERROR POPS UP!!! IT SHOWS UP THIS DUMB IDIOTIC 0x80246008 ERROR CAN PLEASE ANYONE HELP...
  9. Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?)

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?): *EDIT*** The issue might be caused by the other SSD. So Normally I use my E: Drive as the location for my game installs, but for some reason Xbox/Microsoft will not install anymore games onto it....
  10. I cant install Starfield Premium Edition Content on Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant install Starfield Premium Edition Content on Game Pass.: Split from this thread. It only allows me to play the Premium Edition in cloud gaming mode, but allows me to download the non-premium version. The Old Mars dlc pack is available but not the...