Can’t re-install a game I purchased a few years ago

Discus and support Can’t re-install a game I purchased a few years ago in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought gta v digitally on October 18, 2015. About a year ago I uninstalled it to create storage for new games I bought . I wanted to start playing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by .-Nick-., Aug 16, 2022.

1. .-Nick-.
    .-Nick-. Guest

I bought gta v digitally on October 18, 2015. About a year ago I uninstalled it to create storage for new games I bought . I wanted to start playing the game again and when I went to go look for it I couldn’t find it. I know I purchased gta v because I checked my “order history” and that’s how I found the date. Is there anything I could do to get the game back, I checked the store and it’s asking me to re-purchase it and I don’t have the money for it.

:)

.-Nick-., Aug 16, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I would like to clarify, can you see the order transaction for the game when you sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders stated as "completed"?

If you can see the order transaction stated as "completed", you can simply remove and re-add your account to re-sync the licenses.

REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​
  3. AndyBarnes8 Win User

Help with expired email

Hi again, I have re subscribed to Xbox live, so probably have two paid accounts, seems I can’t get to speak to any human! I did a reset and lost my email account, from a few years ago so can’t do anything.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy
  4. jakeygamer Win User

Cant reinstall a game i purchased a few years ago

i signed into the console with my account then it was the only game on the install now page so i went straight ahead and installed it. But there a few games which i 100% bought that i also cant find on the order history
  5. jakeygamer Win User

i will try a power cycle and see if it helps thank you...
  6. Zero Jehuty Win User

That means whoever had the console last has changed their "Home" To another system you have lost access to those games.
Thema:

1. Can’t re-install a game I purchased a few years ago - Similar Threads - Can’t install game

2. Can’t install rainbow six siege on Xbox one S despite having the game pass corr

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install rainbow six siege on Xbox one S despite having the game pass corr: It’s my understanding that Xbox game pass core includes rainbow six siege. This is the only reason I bought the game pass. However, when I go to install it I’m only give the option to buy game...
  3. Two Xbox’s one has all of our games to play an other only has them installed can’t be played

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two Xbox’s one has all of our games to play an other only has them installed can’t be played: Two Xbox’s the Xbox series x has all my games and DLC on it. Well my Xbox one can see everything installed but can’t play any games or DLC. For example I have a sims 4 disc so I put that in to...
  4. I have two minecraft games installed and I can’t uninstall either of them does anyone know...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have two minecraft games installed and I can’t uninstall either of them does anyone know...: Does anyone know how I can fix this issue with me having two Minecraft’s d78dab61-ebdf-4de3-b58d-5c4d5c4d179d
  5. Can’t install games to D drive Xbox PC game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install games to D drive Xbox PC game pass?: I’ve tried multiple steps and reformatting the drive and still no luck. Some games work but games like Fallout just won’t install on D drive and I have no more room on C drive....
  6. Can’t download updates or games to series S. Installation stopped msg

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t download updates or games to series S. Installation stopped msg: I tried to download miasma chronicles the day before yesterday, it wouldn’t download and instead I kept receiving an installation stopped msg in the queue. Wouldn’t even get past 0%. I gave up and...
  7. Can’t install game. Version 0.0.0.0 installation stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install game. Version 0.0.0.0 installation stopped: Call of duty morderme warfare 2 update won’t install now it stated version 0.0.0.0. If I uninstall and reinstall it still won’t work. I even went and purchased the vault version thinking the file...
  8. Why do optimized games install on external storage if they can’t run there?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do optimized games install on external storage if they can’t run there?: I just installed a game, and it didn’t ask me where to install. I’ve got plenty of room on my Xbox but for some reason it installed the optimized for Xbox game on the external hard drive even tho...
  9. why can’t i install games ive already purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can’t i install games ive already purchased?: So I really only play sims on my xbox one. i own a lot of packs on there. i recently had to hard reset my xbox bc it froze on me. after resetting it, i got back on the game and it said that some...
  10. Games have installed but only listed under recently installed in the queue. Can’t play them.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games have installed but only listed under recently installed in the queue. Can’t play them.: Games have downloaded and show as recently installed in my queue. They’re not on my Home Screen and I cannot click to play. This is for my son and I don’t understand how to find these games for...