Can't purchase xbox360 games due to wrong region on account, although it's set correctly

Discus and support Can't purchase xbox360 games due to wrong region on account, although it's set correctly in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I moved from UK to Spain and updated my billing, contact details in Microsoft/Xbox profile accordingly, but when trying to purchase xbox360 game in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Djukin, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Djukin
    Djukin Guest

Can't purchase xbox360 games due to wrong region on account, although it's set correctly

I moved from UK to Spain and updated my billing, contact details in Microsoft/Xbox profile accordingly, but when trying to purchase xbox360 game in xbox store I'm being asked to enter UK address and debit card, which I no longer have. It's not an issue when
    purchasing Xbox One games, all works perfectly fine.

I suspect that something didn't sync properly and xbox360 still sees me as being in UK. Did anyone else encountered this issue? How can I update my address for xbox360?

Thanks

:)

Djukin, Jun 25, 2020
  2. ArminatorX Win User

You're welcome!

Glad I could help! 😊
  3. anttimuskinen Win User

This was it, after following your link and doing migration it works as expected.

Thanks a lot! :)
  4. ArminatorX Win User

For Xbox 360 purchases, you also need to do an Account Migration.

It's not enough to add a billing option and set your console to the other country. Your account has to be migrated to the new country as well.
  5. anttimuskinen Win User

Thanks, just deleted my account from xbox and added it again, nothing changed, upon trying purchasing xbox360. game I'm prompted to provide UK billing address and UK payment method.
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

As additional step, you try to redownload your Xbox360 profile to be sure that is correctly synched.
Thema:

1. Can't purchase xbox360 games due to wrong region on account, although it's set correctly - Similar Threads - Can't purchase xbox360

2. Can't update Nvidia game ready driver on a newly purchased win 11 laptop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update Nvidia game ready driver on a newly purchased win 11 laptop.: I Got a brand new MSI GV15 just today. Unpackaged it, went through the obnoxious windows 11 setup process, and started using the computer right then and there. Everything went fine until I tried...
  3. Purchased Flight Simulator via digital code from target - can't play locally on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Flight Simulator via digital code from target - can't play locally on Xbox: I purchased the Standard edition of Flight Simulator online from Target this past weekend, redeemed the code, installed it and noticed there's a "cloud" icon associated to it, and when I tried to...
  4. I purchased Minecraft Java Edition, but I can't play it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I purchased Minecraft Java Edition, but I can't play it.: I bought the java edition in the summer of 2021, and I started playing the game with a Microsoft account. but in Launcher, only Demo version can play. https://www.minecraft.net/en-us says my...
  5. I can't seem to get microsoft store to process purchases even though it has all the correct...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't seem to get microsoft store to process purchases even though it has all the correct...: When trying to purchase a game such as even the xbox game pass. I gett a screen that reads "Try again later Something happened on our end." But i can Minecraft through their app and through my...
  6. Can't access purchased Destiny 2 content on Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access purchased Destiny 2 content on Series X: [img] I pre-orderd Destiny 2 before it released, and have purchased every expansion up to Beyond light. When playing the game, it tells me I don't own beyond light (even though I do, and have it...
  7. This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account: This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account is a message i get when i try to enter the xbox game pass code (PC) I didnt purchase this code i got it...
  8. Can't purchase a game because I don't have enough space on my usb drive (xbox360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase a game because I don't have enough space on my usb drive (xbox360): As the title says, I can't purchase a game (Final Fantasy XIII - 14.9gb) since my 16gb usb drives don't even get to 15gb. And, for the moment, I'm stuck with those flash drives, since I can't go...
  9. Trying to buy a game ffor xbox360, but I can't get pass the purchase confirmation, stuck on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to buy a game ffor xbox360, but I can't get pass the purchase confirmation, stuck on...: Hi, I've tried buying Eternal Sonata for Xbox360. I've tried 2 paypal accounts and one credit card. I've tried buying from Edge, Chrome, Firefox, without ad block. No matter what, I'm always...
  10. Can't purchase anything on xbox360 video

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase anything on xbox360 video: Hello, i am a very active user of the xbox video section of the console. I am constantly renting and buying movies, or at least up until a couple days ago. Starting about two days ago i was trying...