Cant play with my friend on steam from first generation xbox

Discus and support Cant play with my friend on steam from first generation xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried playing rainbow six siege today December 7th with my friend on computer and when I invite him or he invites me it says “Sorry, it seems this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Liam Durkin, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Liam Durkin
    Liam Durkin Guest

I tried playing rainbow six siege today December 7th with my friend on computer and when I invite him or he invites me it says “Sorry, it seems this player cant join a party on your current platform.” Yesterday I couldn’t even play with my friend on xbox, today I could play with my friend on xbox but with my friend on steam it still didn’t work.

:)

Liam Durkin, Dec 8, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

3. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties cross playing with Rainbow Six Siege. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Was this working before?
    • When did the issue started?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you already performed?
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Troubleshoot multiplayer connection errors

Troubleshoot multiplayer connection errors | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support

How to enable Crossplay

Crossplay in Rainbow Six Siege | Ubisoft Help

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. Brendan karagiozis Win User

Cannot invite friend says cannot invite from current platform so much for cross play. Useless help menu is like is your computer on? is your friends xbox on? Did you have internet? did you pray to the internet gods and give them your first born as tribute so you can play with your friends? OK well did you try jumping out a window?
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello vFlxyd,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play with your friend on Steam. Based on your description, you are getting an error message about the inability to join a party using your current platform. Though cross platform is available, this is also dependent to the game developer and updates. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. We would like to know if you have had issues with other games especially on multiplayer ones. If you answer yes to this, there is a bigger chance you are having issues with the network. So, please let us know your NAT Type and see if you have error message/code on Xbox Network.

(Sample error message: Double NAT detected, 0x89231906, Can’t get a Teredo IP address, NAT Type: Unavailable, Teredo is unable to qualify, UPnP not successful)
      • Kindly go to Xbox Console's Settings.
      • Select Network and Network Settings.
      • Look for NAT Type and error message/code.
      • Please reply with any error message/code you notice.
    2. What game are we playing here?
    3. Are you both having same issues playing cross gen platform with other games too?
    4. Please post a screenshot of the issue and conceal your personal information.
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Cant play with my friend on steam from first generation xbox - Similar Threads - Cant play friend

2. Cant join friends playing mcc on steam.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant join friends playing mcc on steam.: Master Cheif Collection: We have both added eachother on steam and xbox and linked out steam accounts to xbox we managed to join and play yesterday but today we cant join eachother we both have...
  3. Why cant I play a friend on my ultimate pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I play a friend on my ultimate pass: When I play a freind why does it keep going to cloud game and not normal game download 33560f2e-350b-42e1-9dd9-95a4cd9cd297
  4. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  5. Why cant i PC play with my Xbox friends?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i PC play with my Xbox friends?: I have Farming Simulator 22 on the xbox app and play it through there, i do not stream it. MY friend on the other hand plays it right through his xbox. When ever he is hosting a server and i try...
  6. Refunding a game my friend cant even play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refunding a game my friend cant even play: So i bought Minecraft for a buddy of mine, he lives across the world. When he tried to redeem the code i sent him via email, it said he couldn't redeem due to "it was purchased in a different...
  7. Cant play with friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play with friends: Im trying to play the old cods with my friends and i cant. I can play online by myself but i cant join their games or parties. I have tried everything and the nat type is open so if anyone has any...
  8. I cant play with my friend from pc to ipad we both are using bedrock edition on the latest...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play with my friend from pc to ipad we both are using bedrock edition on the latest...: I cant join my friend on pc to ipad both on bedrock i tried repairing and its all on the same version 313699db-7488-4406-83e3-32f03d6600a4
  9. Cant play with my friend on steam from first generation xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant play with my friend on steam from first generation xbox: Split from this thread. I’m also having the same issue I can’t play with my friends on next gen xbox or PC anymore, it also says the same thing it seems “this player can’t join your party on...
  10. Why cant my friend and I play minecraft on multiplayer mode?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friend and I play minecraft on multiplayer mode?: Me and my friend can't play minecraft. We are able to join a server and play with other but we are not able to start a new world on our own. There always comes up a picture saying "no connection...