Can't play RoS with original Diablo 3 players?

Discus and support Can't play RoS with original Diablo 3 players? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So a friend of mine bought the Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition for the Xbox 360 and it says it includes a full copy of Diablo 3. Well... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DarkTommit, Nov 27, 2014.

1. DarkTommit
    DarkTommit Guest

So a friend of mine bought the Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition for the Xbox 360 and it says it includes a full copy of Diablo 3. Well when we go to link to play with each other it says that either I need to insert the RoS disc or he needs
    to insert the Diablo 3 disc. On the PC it is possible to play all the way to act 5 without the expansion, why can't this occur for the Xbox 360? If the game is promising a full version of Diablo 3 then it should contain a full playable version, not require
    each other to have the other disc. Please help with this issue, perhaps an update may be needed to fix this issue...

:)

DarkTommit, Nov 27, 2014
  2. HELP: how to transfer save file on xbox 360? Deleted offline account. Save file useless?

Each save file is tied to a profile and it cannot be recovered without the original profile present.

The original Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls are two different games. The save files are incompatible without transferring the data within the game (transfer from Diablo 3 into ROS).

However, the process is not reversible (i.e. you cannot transfer characters from ROS into Diablo 3).

Therefore, unless you still have the original Diablo 3 disk, your save will not be usable.

Sorry.

SargonParidius, Nov 27, 2014
  3. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

Hello "Fanghunter314" Can't play RoS with original Diablo 3 players? :)

There will be no "DLC" to upgrade Diablo 3 Classic into Reaper Of Souls. You have to completely buy over the original 4 Acts with the ROS updates via the Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night Can't play RoS with original Diablo 3 players? :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Nov 27, 2014
  4. GateKeeper A
    GateKeeper A Guest

through Act 4. Its a bummer that it wont work. (Neither one of us plays online much. We play on the same console with a lot of games, but we prefer the freedom we gain from system linking.)

I'll be keeping an eye out in case of updates that might allow us to play it together.

In the meantime, I can hardly wait until my new copy arrives so I can play through the new content!

GateKeeper A, Nov 28, 2014
  5. SargonParidius Win User

HELP: how to transfer save file on xbox 360? Deleted offline account. Save file useless?

Each save file is tied to a profile and it cannot be recovered without the original profile present.

The original Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls are two different games. The save files are incompatible without transferring the data within the game (transfer from Diablo 3 into ROS).

However, the process is not reversible (i.e. you cannot transfer characters from ROS into Diablo 3).

Therefore, unless you still have the original Diablo 3 disk, your save will not be usable.

Sorry.
  6. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

Hello "Fanghunter314" :)

There will be no "DLC" to upgrade Diablo 3 Classic into Reaper Of Souls. You have to completely buy over the original 4 Acts with the ROS updates via the Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night :)
  7. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

Hello "Puxo1105" :)

I have a feeling that when "Diablo 3: The Ultimate Evil Edition" comes out for the Xbox 360 it is going to take ALL of your characters instead of asking you which character you wish to import over from Diablo 3 Classic (original Diablo 3 without ROS). It
    is a shame if you can't keep your Diablo 3 Classic save game data because you chose to import them into Diablo 3: The Ultimate Evil Edition. I am hoping that it is going to be similar to the way the Mass Effect handled the importation (where the previous
    game save data remains intact while the game copies the data into the sequel) because what would happend if you don't want the changes that ROS makes to your character's skills and you want to go back?

Have a nice day or afternoon or night :)
  8. BL4CKOUT 30 Win User

Diablo 3: reaper of souls + Diablo 3 question

The disk is all Diablo 3 original & D3: RoS the original is remade better with the expansion, the Crusader is the new character and Act 5 is the new area's were Act 1-4 are the old areas and other 5 characters are the originals.
  9. GateKeeper A Win User

through Act 4. Its a bummer that it wont work. (Neither one of us plays online much. We play on the same console with a lot of games, but we prefer the freedom we gain from system linking.)

I'll be keeping an eye out in case of updates that might allow us to play it together.

In the meantime, I can hardly wait until my new copy arrives so I can play through the new content!
Thema:

1. Can't play RoS with original Diablo 3 players? - Similar Threads - Can't play RoS

2. Can't play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play multiplayer games: Why can't I play multiplayer games on my series s ? I can play single player games tho. Ive reset my console and reinstalled, I've tried everything online which was suggested and even reset my...
  3. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  4. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  5. Can't play my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play my games: Every time I try to start a game the Xbox light on the console flashes and I get booted to home but all my streaming apps work... Is it time to get a new Xbox 7851d64a-061e-4492-84fc-35a9eea6a4bb
  6. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  7. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...
  8. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  9. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  10. My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?: Hi! I have a problem with my xbox elite controller series 2. initially I connected my controller via bluetooth on windows 10, then I bought an xbox dongle adapter to reduce latency, but it ended...