Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, updates, etc

Discus and support Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, updates, etc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I can't play any online multiplayer games but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, updates, etc. The problem I have is exactly the same problem has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PeterCZP, Feb 23, 2022.

1. PeterCZP
    PeterCZP Guest

Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, updates, etc

Hi,

I can't play any online multiplayer games but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, updates, etc. The problem I have is exactly the same problem has been reported here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...nnect-to/0082b179-ae70-470c-80d5-005254784619

The solution (Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.) provided works but I have the same problem EVERY time I turn on my console.

Is there a way to permanently fix this problem?

:)

PeterCZP, Feb 23, 2022
  2. Nickilus Win User

I have a problem where i pay for ultimate / my internetworks fine even cloud games. . except i cant play halo online, COD vanguard and COD warzone, its like all of a suddon 2 days ago my system wont let me play multiplayer properly. . i even have done network diagnostic on the xbox x and it says everything is good to go. . even my NAT is open. . still i cant even play with a friend!?!? what is going on with Xbox?

i cant play multiplayer COD at all, iv reset. my modem and hard reset the console.
  3. habib2005kUXDP Win User

Hi you play free multiple games online as member in xbox insider?
  4. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello PeterCZP,

Thank you for your response. Originally, you mentioned that you cannot play any games online. To confirm, this also includes the free titles you mentioned? Is there an error code you are receiving when you attempt to play games before the games/apps reset?

If you are receiving an error, please report the problem by following the steps here: Xbox Support - Provide feedback to Team Xbox.

-Tali
  5. PeterCZP Win User

I've never had any subscription since I bought the console and was able to play free games online (e.g. Fortnite, Asphalt, etc) in the past several months, it just stopped working a few days back. According to Epicgames FAQ, I shouldn't need Xbox Live Gold to play Fortnite online.

If the problem is that I don't have a subscription, why does it work when I "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps"?
  6. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello PeterCZP,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. To better assist, please view your account status by clicking Subscriptions and billing. To access online multiplayer, an Xbox Live Gold membership or Game Pass Ultimate subscription is required. If you have a subscription, but you are still unable to access online multiplayer, there may be additional troubleshooting steps that may need to be taken. For now, please confirm that you are subscribed to either membership.

Keep in mind that you are still able to connect to Xbox Live, Stores, and various online features without a subscription. This is to ensure that users are still able to purchase digital titles and keep their console up to date.

Thank you,

-Tali
Thema:

1. Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, updates, etc - Similar Threads - Can't play online

2. I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....: I downloaded Microsoft Ultimate Word Games a couple of years ago. I've been able to play and watch my progress over the years. Today, the game wouldn't load from my downloaded version. However, I...
  3. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  4. Can't play online with gamepass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play online with gamepass ultimate: Me and my friend are game sharing so that he can play my bought games and I get his gamepass ultimate, but after his subscription ran out and he re-bought it, I've been able to download and play...
  5. Had to switch to core now I can't play online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Had to switch to core now I can't play online: Game pass expired now I can't play online with core ...I reset the Xbox ,logged out , still nothing 368c5e90-363e-4956-8207-bf57f92349ce
  6. Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online: My microsoft account linked to my PSN account was accidentally deleted awhile ago and I haven been able to play minecraft online for a long time and there's no way to link a new one I don't know...
  7. Can't play online franchise with friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play online franchise with friends: I own madden 24 and I am trying to play a online franchise with my friends and it won't let me. Keeps telling me I need game pass but I have xbox live gold. Please help...
  8. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  9. Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription: I recently upgraded from my old Xbox One to a new Xbox Series X. Previously, on my old xbox, I was able to download and play GamePass games using my Mother's GamePass Ultimate subscription. I...
  10. Why can't I play modern warfare 3 on online today?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play modern warfare 3 on online today?: Why can't I play modern warfare 3 multiplayer tonight? ff4756b7-4e06-4550-b064-7152d0a97005