Can't play online coop Halo MCC. How to connect via LAN?

Discus and support Can't play online coop Halo MCC. How to connect via LAN? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Heavy stuttering and freezing when playing coop with friend in same room in same network for Halo MCC on steam PC. LAN mode does not work - friend does... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by msxlga, Aug 9, 2021.

1. msxlga
    msxlga Guest

Heavy stuttering and freezing when playing coop with friend in same room in same network for Halo MCC on steam PC. LAN mode does not work - friend does not appear at all.

:)

msxlga, Aug 9, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Independent Advisor and I will be helping you today.

How are you, mate?

Start Steam in offline mode on both machines and launch MCC.

Log in to MCC with the two different Gamertags on each machine. You might need to log out of one of them if you're already logged in to both with the same GT. Go to network settings and switch it from Xbox Live to LAN.

Click the person icon near the top right of the screen and it should open a sidebar where it should say "other players on LAN" and you should see your friend. From there you can join the other player in the party and you're good to start co-op!
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @msxlga!

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties facing issues playing online. This could be due to the way your network configuration is currently set-up and I would like to have you verify the status of your NAT type on your Windows 10 device.

This can be done by following these simple steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    2. Select Settings > Gaming, and then select Xbox Networking.
    3. Under Xbox Live Multiplayer, check the NAT type.
    If you have anything other than an Open NAT type, then I would recommend review the article that covers information on how to troubleshoot issues with multiplayer games on Window 10.

However, if your NAT type is open, please try the following solutions:

Solution 1; Restart your device and the network hardware.

Solution 2: Update your PC version.

Solution 3: Try a wired connection.

Solution 4: Clear cache and data. Head over to the Task Manager and close the higher CPU/Memory consuming tasks one by one from the ‘Processes’ section.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  4. msxlga Win User

Hi, when we did that, it did not say other players on LAN. It only showed the default my game session message. We tried pinging our computers from each computer, and it wasn't getting through, so I turned off the firewall and tried pinging again. It worked that time and we tried Offline Steam > Login with different accounts > Network LAN mode and we still couldn't see each other. We also tried Xbox Networking in Settings and the NAT type was open. But latency was 211ms, even though in game I could see East Australian servers were 60ms. The last time we ran Windows Update was 2021-08-05.

We didn't have much time before he had to go home so we just bit the bullet and played with the freezing every two seconds.
  5. SammyVS Win User

6. DTW Dirty Harry Win User

Just not the Halo experience

So, I used to play the original Halo:CE on the OG Xbox online using a PC as the interface. Connecting the Xbox to the PC via LAN and "tricking" it into thinking the online connection was LAN. There was no voice chat but you could play online that way. Beat
    that for Halo experience! lol
Thema:

1. Can't play online coop Halo MCC. How to connect via LAN? - Similar Threads - Can't play online

2. I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....: I downloaded Microsoft Ultimate Word Games a couple of years ago. I've been able to play and watch my progress over the years. Today, the game wouldn't load from my downloaded version. However, I...
  3. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  4. Can't play online with gamepass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play online with gamepass ultimate: Me and my friend are game sharing so that he can play my bought games and I get his gamepass ultimate, but after his subscription ran out and he re-bought it, I've been able to download and play...
  5. Had to switch to core now I can't play online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Had to switch to core now I can't play online: Game pass expired now I can't play online with core ...I reset the Xbox ,logged out , still nothing 368c5e90-363e-4956-8207-bf57f92349ce
  6. Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online: My microsoft account linked to my PSN account was accidentally deleted awhile ago and I haven been able to play minecraft online for a long time and there's no way to link a new one I don't know...
  7. Can't play online franchise with friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play online franchise with friends: I own madden 24 and I am trying to play a online franchise with my friends and it won't let me. Keeps telling me I need game pass but I have xbox live gold. Please help...
  8. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  9. Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription: I recently upgraded from my old Xbox One to a new Xbox Series X. Previously, on my old xbox, I was able to download and play GamePass games using my Mother's GamePass Ultimate subscription. I...
  10. Why can't I play modern warfare 3 on online today?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play modern warfare 3 on online today?: Why can't I play modern warfare 3 multiplayer tonight? ff4756b7-4e06-4550-b064-7152d0a97005

Users found this page by searching for:

1. halo mcc pc lan offline

2. Halo MCC LAN not working