Can't Play OG Halo discs on series X

Discus and support Can't Play OG Halo discs on series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the original Halo 1 and 2 discs but my xbox wont play them. Is there an update coming that'll fix this? Its weird how I can play the 360 ones... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ItsPsychoMantis, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Can't Play OG Halo discs on series X

I have the original Halo 1 and 2 discs but my xbox wont play them. Is there an update coming that'll fix this? Its weird how I can play the 360 ones but not halo 1 or 2. I got the update so I can play other xbox originals like morrowind so I dont think thats the issue.

:)

ItsPsychoMantis, Aug 21, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, ItsPsychoMantis! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Unfortunately, Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 are not part of the backward compatibility program and can't be played using their discs for the original Xbox console. On Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S consoles, these games are only available as part of Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

Halo MCC: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/halo-the...

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Not all game pass games are sharing via home Xbox?

If it is an xbox one s or x or og xbox one hw can't play it without his own subscription as starfield is only playable on xbox series consoles or pcs
  4. EmmaLouise5 Win User

Guitar hero games on Xbox series X

So I can't even play the game on my Xbox series X controller without the guitar also I can't play the disc version on my Xbox series X
  5. luissolid Win User

Xbox Series X thoughts?

The new Xbox Looks amazing abd the series X it's going to be epic to play your games on 4K/60fps!

I can't wait to play HALO Infinite on Series X!
  6. OakGill Win User

First ever game to present time

I can remember playing pong and tanks on Atari back in the early 80s, it wasn't long after that I got a Nintendo and played Mario with duck hunt. Soon after that it was super Nintendo, Sega, Sega CD, then eventually the OG Xbox console. I was already 18
    years old when the OG console came out, so I am thoroughly enjoying modern technology and my Xbox one X! Can't wait for the series X.
Thema:

1. Can't Play OG Halo discs on series X - Similar Threads - Can't Play Halo

2. Halo Master Chief Collection - Error coop mode, can't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Master Chief Collection - Error coop mode, can't play: Hello team! I have the following problem with my MC game. I'm trying to play with my brother co op mode, LAN mode (I have already tried with Xbox Live), he can join my team, I can select the...
  3. Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?: Hi, I'm having a problem trying to play co op with my friend and it keeps kicking us both out of the game. We both have updated versions of our game and our system. I'd like to know what to do to...
  4. I can't sign into any other accounts to play Halo Infinite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't sign into any other accounts to play Halo Infinite: Last year I downloaded halo infinite and signed in with my Microsoft account. After a while I stopped playing and since then I have made a new microsoft account and stopped using the one i used on...
  5. Why can't I play Halo infinite campaign even with the disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play Halo infinite campaign even with the disc: I have purchased a pre owned copy of Halo infinite for my Xbox one. I have installed it fine. Game loads fine but when I try and start campaign from the main menu it says I have to pay for the...
  6. Halo 5 - Partner can play, I can't (error authorising user message)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5 - Partner can play, I can't (error authorising user message): Hello, I am at a complete loss here. I have been playing through the Halo 5 campaign but for days now I can't even get past the main menu as I am greeted with the message 'Attention, error...
  7. i just can't play Halo: The Master Chief Collection online, can't access online content,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i just can't play Halo: The Master Chief Collection online, can't access online content,...: Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam is a mess. Everybody knows that. But recently, i just can't seem to do anything online. I can't start multiplayer matchmaking, i can't even invite my...
  8. Why can't I play halo infinite when I preordered it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play halo infinite when I preordered it: I preordered Halo Infinite when option first came. I played the campaign Monday night but can no longer play. The game is saying I don't own the campaign. It's also no longer showing as owned...
  9. My game pass subscription is current and paid but I can't play halo infinite all of a sudden

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game pass subscription is current and paid but I can't play halo infinite all of a sudden: Every time i try to play halo infinite i get a prompt saying "Looks like you have to renew your xbox game pass." I have tried resetting my console 3 times. I have checked my game pass ultimate...
  10. I can't play "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" without the Internet on my PC (Windows)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" without the Internet on my PC (Windows): When I try to play in offline mode, either the campaign or local multiplayer, it tells me that I have not installed the halo campaign/content of Halo, but obviously it is installed because when I...